Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know (1947 Views)

Matic Is Overated,mikel Is Beta / Are The Ivorian Golden Generation Players Overated Or Unlucky? / Is John Obi Mikel A FLOP Or Just Been Overated By Chelsea Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by 4Play(m): 5:58pm On May 13, 2006
Have you ever looked at a footballer and wondered what the fuss is about him?Why does the rest of football world rate that player highly?

There are number of players I think are grossly overated.First that comes to mind is Deco of Barcelona.His best days are over but yet there is a lot of hype  about him which can not be justified.He does not even deserve to be in the starting line up of Barcelona

Other players include Fabregas,Drogba and Ballack
]
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by salehm(m): 6:33pm On May 13, 2006
]
[quote][/quote]
What are you saying Fabregas is not Overrated.Ballack is not Overated too.If you say Drogba i will believe you bt Fabregas and Ballack are NOT overated undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by lalaboi(m): 7:46pm On May 13, 2006
Lt me ceeeee, i dnt tink drogba is overatd instead he's always critisicd. Fabregas i overatd frm my point of view. Ballack is nt overatd. Nd deco deserves 2 b in d 1st 11 of any team in d world, even brazil.
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by mochafella(m): 5:09am On May 15, 2006
Denilson for me. Betis paid for marketing hype and leg-overs

4 Play:

I think you have it wrong by including Ballack in that list. If not for Ballack and Kahn, Germany will not have reached the final at WC 2002
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by spikelord(m): 7:34am On May 15, 2006
Fabregas and Ballack are not overrated. The most overrated player I know is Drogba!
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by nightrider: 9:20am On May 15, 2006
i think the most overrated footballer in the whole wide wide wide wide world is ROBINHO.
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by spikelord(m): 12:07pm On May 15, 2006
Do you think Robinho is overrated?

I guess he is a good player just that he is not much talented
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by spikelord(m): 12:10pm On May 15, 2006
spikelord:

Do you think Robinho is overrated?

I guess he is a good player just that he is not much talented

My bad, Experienced I meant to say! grin grin grin
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by nightrider: 12:25pm On May 15, 2006
Any player that comes out of argentina and is compared to diego maradona is already overrated and killed b4 his career begins. E.g ortega, saviola, palermo, tevez and maybe even messi.
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by twinstaiye(m): 12:32pm On May 15, 2006
Of course, and I stand to be corrected, Wayne Rooney is overrated espescially by English Press, the same way they overated Owen and Becham.
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by mukina2: 12:39pm On May 15, 2006
twinstaiye:

Of course, and I stand to be corrected, Wayne Rooney is overrated espescially by English Press, the same way they overated Owen and Becham.

i totally agree wit you
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by spikelord(m): 2:36pm On May 15, 2006
Categorically, I think Obafemi is even better that Rooney in everything!
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by amodu(m): 3:17pm On May 15, 2006
@ Spikelord

I dont know you also know that Rooney is overrated, if there is another word instead of overrated i will have used it.

but for Ballack, Fabregas and Deco they are not overrated at all.

Luv you allllllllllllllll
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by spikelord(m): 3:31pm On May 15, 2006
Rooney, I'll say he is overrated!
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by lalaboi(m): 3:51pm On May 15, 2006
If rooney can b overatd, den fabregas is overatd. Robinho n baptista ar also overatd.
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by babwilms(m): 12:41am On May 16, 2006
Aderogba (Drogba) of chelsea is over rated, Trezeguet, David Beckham, Michael Owen, Joe Cole, Rooney, Denilson, Saviola, Ortega, Rio Ferdinand.

However David Beckham is the most over rated of them all, even though i like is work rate on the pitch.
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by Akolawole(m): 12:48am On May 16, 2006
babwilms:

Aderogba (Drogba) of chelsea is over rated, Trezeguet, David Beckham, Michael Owen, Joe Cole, Rooney, Denilson, Saviola, Ortega, Rio Ferdinand.

Joe Cole is overrated !

You are joking.

Joe Cole is £6m buy from West Ham, He plays better than that money.
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by babwilms(m): 1:04am On May 16, 2006
Yes he plays better than 6 million but the media are not helping him by comparing him to Paul Gascoin (hope i spelt it right) and the next maradonna. Some people over here even try to compare him to our own Jay Okocha. It's an insult.
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by lalaboi(m): 7:25am On May 16, 2006
Joe cole overatd, dis guy must be a real hater of chelsea n its squad. Agreed he cant be compard wit okocha. Bt ppl of england dat compard him wit gascoigne knw wat dey see in him. U ar jst a nigerian, or ar u a british. Why den critize ppl dat praise dier player.
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by lalaboi(m): 7:47am On May 16, 2006
Now i cn agree dat gunners in nairaland culd be soccer illitrates. How can someone (adebayor) score 4 goals in 12 appearances n u start praising him. 4 me adebayor can also b added 2 d list of most overatd footballers.
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by babwilms(m): 8:56am On May 16, 2006
I'm Nigerian, i don't hate chelsea, i've just got problem with Mourinho. I'm a fan of Joe Cole, but people and media just takes it a bit too far at times.
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by hucarson(m): 12:50pm On May 16, 2006
@lalaboi?
U r absolutely spot-on about Nairaland Gunners.

@ Spikelord
How can u say Wayne Rooney is over-rated?
Rooney will secure a 1st team shirt in any club in the world and thats a fact.
He has an unbelievable work-rate and good technical ability.
Go n read Pele and Maradona's comments on Wayne before u start posting dud comments here.

Obafemi Martins compared to Rooney?
U gotta be absolutely high on LSD or mushrooms to think so.
Rooney is every Manager's dream. He's going to rule the world in another couple of years.
Just watch out.
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by spikelord(m): 1:07pm On May 16, 2006
Can your dear Rooney bench Shevchenko or Gillardino?

What can he do when Martins is on the pitch?

What can he play when our own Utaka is in action?

Puleezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, Look things up okay!
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by amodu(m): 1:48pm On May 16, 2006
@Hucarson

how can you say that there is no club in the world that Rooney cannot get a first shirt what about Barcelona can he bench Eto'o or do you think he can bench Henry in Arsenal so stop

As for me is overrated
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by Akolawole(m): 2:26pm On May 16, 2006
babwilms:

I'm Nigerian, i don't hate chelsea, i've just got problem with Mourinho. I'm a fan of Joe Cole, but people and media just takes it a bit too far at times.

What is the problem you have with Jose?
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by hucarson(m): 2:47pm On May 16, 2006
I think all y'all are missing the point like 'em free-throw shots.
Rooney will command a 1st team shirt in any team does not mean he will bench Sheva or Henry or Etoo.
For instance, Reyes,Adebayor and Van Perise have paired with  Thierry Henry @ Arsenal. These players r not even as good as Wayne.
If Rooney joins Arsenal, He will pair with Henry and hence he has commanded a 1st team shirt. Got ma arguments?
If he joins Barcelona, Rijkaard will sell Guily or Maxi Lopez or even Larsson and play Rooney, Dinho and Etoo.
Ancellotti will bin Gillardino and even Vieri and use Rooney + Sheva combination.
Tell me any team in the world Rooney will not command a starting 11.

@Spikelord,
Rooney will not only bench Gillardino, he will send him packing from Milan to wherever.
We all saw how toothless Martins was at the last nations cup so forget Martins when we are talking of world-class players.
Utaka is not even on the top 200 strikers list in the world so bury his name.

@Amodu,
Rooney will bench Samuel Etoo.
Any good striker should bench Etoo @ Barcelona because the team is so good and will  always work for whatever out and out striker on display.
I believe Drogba or even Adebayor in Etoo's position at Barcelona will also score more than 25 goals in a season.
Ronaldinho,Deco and Messi makes it easy for Etoo to pop goals.

Talking about Arsenal. Can Rooney bench Henry? The answer is not a yes/no answer.
The Manager will have to change the formation of the team to accomodate the 2 talents.
A player like Henry will benefit so much from Rooney's strength and work rate and Rooney will also benefit from Henry's pace and sublime skills.

Remember Rooney is also an utility player that can drift left,right and centre. He also plays behind top strikers.
Rooney is world class and thatz why he is so special to his club and country.
Nobody will miss Lampard, Terry and Joe Cole the way the country will miss Rooney if he fails to make it to Germany.
Even Henry does not have the kind of Rooney's influence in the French Team.
France can still afford to do without Thierry and play Cisse, Saha and Trezeguet.
Its wierd but he is the most important player in England today.
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by lalaboi(m): 3:17pm On May 16, 2006
Wat a long talk.@ hucarsn.
Rooney is nt overatd. Period!!!!!. Any 1 dat tinks he's overatd doesnt watch football, it is football dat watches dat person
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by Skintite(f): 3:31pm On May 16, 2006
@lalaboi
dont insult gunners fans
ure a new member so respect urself

@hucs
plz dont teach new members ur bad habit of insultin pple
However, Ur comment was superp
if ure this objective on matters related to gunners
u'll make more frenz with gunners on ths forum

For once i agree wth u, n also think that rooney is not overated
But for sure drogba is undecided
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by nightrider: 3:33pm On May 16, 2006
lalaboi:

Now i cn agree that gunners in nairaland culd be soccer illitrates. How can someone (adebayor) score 4 goals in 12 appearances n u start praising him. 4 me adebayor can also b added to the list of most overatd footballers.

you'll soon get shot down faster than shit attracts flies.

over rated and underperforming don't mean the same thing. to be overrated you have to be extremely highly rated first. e.g drogba,denilson. Then you under perform which makes you overrated.

underperforming you are a normal striker but you are not just delivering the goods. e.g Adebayor

watch your step, theres a gun on you
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by lalaboi(m): 4:14pm On May 16, 2006
Being a new member doesnt mean i shuldnt express my view. N pleare unastnd english i said gunners in nairaland culd be illitrates,nt gunnerz in nairaland ar illitrates. Tel me d highest goal scorer in african zone of world cup qualifiers, went 2 arsenal n culd only score 4 goals in 12 games. Did arsene wenger buy him 2 score goals or 2 start copying how henry plays.
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by 4Play(m): 5:57pm On May 16, 2006
Adebayor is not overated.He is simply not rated in the first place except by ignorant Arsenal fans.
Arsenal contains the highest number of overated players with Fabregas the worst of them.It is true that for a young man his age he has sometimes done exceptonally well but people are going overtop.It is because of people like him that Arsenal ended up in their worst finish in the league in a decade.
It is still too early to decide whether he is going to be sucess.His physique will prove to be a detriment ultimately ,like Aimar of Argentina,because of his position in the centre of midfield which in the premiership needs players of strong physique.e.gGerrard,Keane,Viera,Makelele,Lampard,Hamman.
There is no player the size of Fabregas who has been a success in modern football.By next season he will also lose the element of suprise
Re: Who Is The Most Overated Footballer You Know by LoverBwoy(m): 7:43pm On May 16, 2006
Adebayor is not overated.He is simply not rated in the first place

simple! he's just underperfoming like someone said

nobody is overrating Cesc, he is performing exceptionally well nowadays no doubt

and why da hell is everyone focussing on Arsenal players?   angry

Robinho,Riquelme*, martins <<<< overrated

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seven World Athletes Who Squandered Their Millions / Nba Player's Super Truck (joe Johnson) / CR7 Vs MESSI For Balon'o Dor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.