Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. (5322 Views)

Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption / How Do A/C Of A Car Affects Its Fuel Consumption? / Help! My 2005 Toyota Camry Has A Rattling Noise On Starting It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. by akman(m): 6:08pm On May 06, 2013
Help my 2005 Honda accord is killing me with its fuel consumption. I have spent hell maintaining that car to no avail
Re: Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. by lonelydora: 9:35pm On May 06, 2013
Give details of the car, as in
engine type, transmission, and the mileage for a full tank.
Re: Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. by akman(m): 7:46am On May 07, 2013
Thanks bro. It's a 2005 EOD. 2.4 engine, automatic transmission, mileage is presently over a hundred thousand having driven it for a lil above two years. The car used to be of excellent performance until it had a gear issue in 2011. I have changed the gear, exhaust and tyres. The gear is perfect now but the car isn't moving as it used to before and it' costumes mega fuel. I'm about selling it off but I need this fault rectified before I do. Please share your ideas, wld be appreciated big time.
Re: Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. by banky3w(m): 10:13pm On May 08, 2013
Go see a competent mechaanic to help you check the brain box/ECU. It could be the cause! cool
Re: Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:15pm On May 08, 2013
banky3w: Go see a competent mechaanic to help you check the brain box/ECU. It could be the cause! cool

why the ECU when code hasnot been shown ?

the ECU receives data from sensors of the car, its the sensors that are most of the time faulty

not the ECU, ecu get corrupted but very are

so go basic of scan your car and also servicing the car
Re: Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. by earthrealm(m): 11:46am On May 09, 2013
can the car first.
...and tell us the error codes
what work was done on the gear system?....hope you used original honda atf.
the new tires u installed..i hope they r recommended for the eod...bigger/non spec tires increase fuel consumption by upto 25%.
ur spark plugs...when last did you change them?...even a bad battery increases a cars fuel consumption
Re: Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. by kayoday(m): 11:59am On May 09, 2013
Get this device to help scan and detect the fault
https://www.nairaland.com/1273700/obd-ii-car-scanners-sale
Re: Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. by akman(m): 7:06am On May 10, 2013
Ok I ll do a scan tomorrow and hope it turns out good. Wld also check d tyres cos I bought a bigger tyre
Re: Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. by jaybabs1(m): 6:35pm On May 11, 2013
My Bros, i advise u check the exhaust emission sensors factory-attached to ur exhaust system. Those mechs may not re-fix the sensor plug when fixing ur new exhaust system, if the sensors plug has being fixed then try to check the sensors itself if its ok. But why change the exhaust system in the first place, since ur car only had transmission issues?
Re: Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. by peter5044: 11:38am On May 14, 2013
if you study honda cars very well you will notice to many erro in production starting from the suspension system which is my main concern. count the numbers of car you see break down on the road because of ball joint,honda is 90%.the suspension is poorly designed and can humiliate you any time without sign.
If your honda is injector pls change the injector and stop repair.
if it is carburattor change the carburattor.
Re: Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. by mikkyphp(m): 4:46pm On May 14, 2013
peter5044: if you study honda cars very well you will notice to many erro in production starting from the suspension system which is my main concern. count the numbers of car you see break down on the road because of ball joint,honda is 90%.the suspension is poorly designed and can humiliate you any time without sign.
If your honda is injector pls change the injector and stop repair.
if it is carburattor change the carburattor.
oga mi, stop generalizing! too many errors in production, and you mentioned only 1 - ball joint issue/suspension. 90% of Hondas have poor suspension?! including the SUVs and recent accords, civics, odessey abi? which modern honda car uses carburetor?
guy park well and stop misguiding Nairalanders.

@OP, please what's the result of the Vehicle Scan?

3 Likes

Re: Help My 2005 Honda Accord Is Killing Me With Its Fuel Consumption. by Arteta99(m): 12:58pm On May 24, 2013
It might be ur catalytic converter cos faulty catalytic converter leads to excess fuel consumption

(1) (Reply)

"HOLD" Light Blinking On Dashboard / ‎FRSC Sends 80 Traffic Offenders For Mental Check Up / Free Service-maintenance Schedule Of Carfax You Should Know Of(photos Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.