Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Effect Of Changing Car Oil Product To Another Product - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Effect Of Changing Car Oil Product To Another Product (1446 Views)

My Car Oil Shorten Every Minutes / Is There A Formal Process For Changing Car Colour In Nigeria? / Changing Car Seat From Leather To Fabrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Effect Of Changing Car Oil Product To Another Product by mabeni(m): 8:02pm On May 06, 2013
A week and some days ago, i serviced my nissan micra using Golden Super oil which i wasn't using before... I was using A-z since i bought it and i didnt bother to gage it using d dipstick thinking that i have enough oil in my engine but it was a grt shock for when i check it today and dint find a drop of oil in d engine and checked evrywhere may be there's a leakage but i dint find any. I mmediately contact my machanic about it but all he could was that '' it's because change the oil frm a-z to golden super''. So my question is that, is the machanic right or wrong?
Re: Effect Of Changing Car Oil Product To Another Product by issy1500: 9:51pm On May 06, 2013
That Mechanic must come from Moon. He need to demostrate how moving from one oil to another will dry up the oil in the sunk.
May be he did not remember to pour in the new oil and he is only saying that as a cover story because I av moved from mobil to Conoil and then to Seahorse and now a diff oil entirely. Even though it is not a good pratice to be swapping oil, I av never experienced his claims (that moving from one oil to another will dry up the oil in the sunk)

Never!
Re: Effect Of Changing Car Oil Product To Another Product by Originalsly: 10:18pm On May 06, 2013
Hmmm...one week and no oil. Did you drive across the country?..... and back?The above may be correct because even if he poured palm oil in d engine some would still be left.
Re: Effect Of Changing Car Oil Product To Another Product by Trac: 6:01am On May 07, 2013
mabeni: A week and some days ago, i serviced my nissan micra using Golden Super oil which i wasn't using before... I was using A-z since i bought it and i didnt bother to gage it using d dipstick thinking that i have enough oil in my engine but it was a grt shock for when i check it today and dint find a drop of oil in d engine and checked evrywhere may be there's a leakage but i dint find any. I mmediately contact my machanic about it but all he could was that '' it's because change the oil frm a-z to golden super''. So my question is that, is the machanic right or wrong?

Do you have a "check" light?

The mechanic probably omitted something/somewhere. I had an encounter where I was charged for 5 quarts of oil instead of 8. The service engineer told me the car took 5 instead of 8 and charged me for 5 quartz. It puzzled me. Months later, I was low on oil and had to add a quart to it.

If you have a "check", the case is something else.
Re: Effect Of Changing Car Oil Product To Another Product by mabeni(m): 6:40am On May 07, 2013
tank you all . I ll try change the mechanic.

(1) (Reply)

Only In Nigeria...comedy On The Road / Will You Own And Drive A Hearse? / Ride Sharing Apps And The Nigerian Market.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.