Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

There Is One Thing God Cannot Do - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / There Is One Thing God Cannot Do (2738 Views)

"God Cannot Be Tempted. Jesus Was Tempted. Therefore, Jesus Cannot Be God". How? / Doctors Can Now Give Amputees Real Hands, When God Cannot. / If U Could Take Just One Thing To Heaven, What Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by RespectMoneys: 1:36am On May 07, 2013
God cannot LIE because He ain't human.

1 Like

Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by Nobody: 2:21am On May 07, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

Ezekiel 14:9
And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.

2 Likes

Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by RespectMoneys: 3:48am On May 07, 2013
musKeeto:

Ezekiel 14:9
And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.

That's a clear challenge that God made there, it all boils down to him bragging that his prophets cannot LIE too, I mean the real ones that he chose himself not the ones that u r gonna make reference to later. Just like in d case of job he bragged with job cuz he knew d kinda man JOB was ok... God's real prophets must be like him.. they ain't liars
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by Nobody: 3:57am On May 07, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

That's a clear challenge that God made there, it all boils down to him bragging that his prophets cannot LIE too, I mean the real ones that he chose himself not the ones that u r gonna make reference to later. Just like in d case of job he bragged with job cuz he knew d kinda man JOB was ok... God's real prophets must be like him.. they ain't liars

Smh...

2Ch And Micai'ah said, "Therefore hear the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left;
2Ch 18:19 and the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab the king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?' And one said one thing, and another said another.
2Ch 18:20 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD, saying, 'I will entice him.' And the LORD said to him, 'By what means?'
2Ch 18:21 And he said, 'I will go forth, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And he said, 'You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go forth and do so.'
2Ch 18:22 Now therefore behold, the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these your prophets; the LORD has spoken evil concerning you."

3 Likes

Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by RespectMoneys: 4:03am On May 07, 2013
musKeeto:

Smh...

2Ch And Micai'ah said, "Therefore hear the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing on his right hand and on his left;
2Ch 18:19 and the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab the king of Israel, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?' And one said one thing, and another said another.
2Ch 18:20 Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD, saying, 'I will entice him.' And the LORD said to him, 'By what means?'
2Ch 18:21 And he said, 'I will go forth, and will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' And he said, 'You are to entice him, and you shall succeed; go forth and do so.'
2Ch 18:22 Now therefore behold, the LORD has put a lying spirit in the mouth of these your prophets; the LORD has spoken evil concerning you."
I said probay the devil knows the bible more than most Christians do... just a comment! U have answered it all they were ahab's prophets not God's. Two different entities
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by Nobody: 4:12am On May 07, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

I said probay the devil knows the bible more than most Christians do... just a comment! U have answered it all they were ahab's prophets not God's. Two different entities

Smh...

Jeremiah 4:10 Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.

2 Likes

Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by RespectMoneys: 4:23am On May 07, 2013
musKeeto:

Smh...

Jeremiah 4:10 Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.
Two scenario, first God promised them peace and in the same period when things were working out well for them, they made the greatest mistake that is disobeying the commands of God. And God being who he was then had to strike.. that's how d old testament was then,lovely God today, and the next minute u Zap up he strikes u . U have to understand I general God can't LIE
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by Nobody: 4:28am On May 07, 2013
*head falls off*
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by Nobody: 4:41am On May 07, 2013
Muskeeto, you wicked ooo!

See as you just finished my guy!

The religious mind cant be reasoned with. See as Muskeeto gave evidence of God lying and the op just denied it

4 Likes

Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by RespectMoneys: 5:10am On May 07, 2013
Logicboy03: Muskeeto, you wicked ooo!

The religious mind cant be reasoned with. See as Muskeeto gave evidence of God lying and the op just denied it
There is no denial cuz there ain't no evidence of God lying.. just a mere misconception!
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by RespectMoneys: 5:17am On May 07, 2013
Logicboy03: Muskeeto, you wicked ooo!

The reason why u r an atheist today is that u can't understand God nor the logic behind his existence cuz he truly exist, so do many Christians today. But the truth of the whole matter is we never back down.. it was because of u guys that JESUS made the statement..oh! Ye of little faith
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by Nobody: 5:46am On May 07, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

The reason why u r an atheist today is that u can't understand God nor the logic behind his existence cuz he truly exist, so do many Christians today. But the truth of the whole matter is we never back down.. it was because of u guys that JESUS made the statement..oh! Ye of little faith

Keep on fighting against logic....keep on bro... wink

4 Likes

Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by RespectMoneys: 5:54am On May 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Keep on fighting against logic....keep on bro... wink
If u don't stand for something u fall for anything. so u see I gat something that I'm holding on to!

1 Like

Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by Nobody: 6:06am On May 07, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

If u don't stand for something u fall for anything. so u see I gat something that I'm holding on to!

Who said that atheists dont stand for anything? Take a look at the religion section, who are the people mostly complaining about Nigeria's problems? Who are the people exposing and constantly criticising false messages and healings peddled by false preachers? Atheists. By their fruits, ye shall know them. Nairaland christians are an embarrassment

You are holding onto thin air because your God doesnt exist.
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by RespectMoneys: 6:13am On May 07, 2013
[quote author=Logicboy03]

Who said that atheists dont stand for anything? Take a look at the religion section, who are the people mostly complaining about Nigeria's problems? Who are the people exposing and constantly criticising false messages and healings peddled by false preachers? Atheists. By their fruits, ye shall know them. Nairaland christians are an embarrassment(/quote)

You are holding onto thin air because your God doesnt exist.
U expose something to get something, what is it? What's ur final destination... My God was once ur God before u chose the BRUTUS act. Never call Christians an embarrassment cuz u guys are worse than that, no reason to live and nothing to remember u for when u r long gone..
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by rhymz(m): 6:16am On May 07, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

what are you holding unto? Delusions?
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by RespectMoneys: 6:20am On May 07, 2013
rhymz: what are you holding unto? Delusions?
I'm holding on to what u couldn't face, delusion? NO! it is called the ultimate Truth.. don't ask me what the truth is cuz u know deep down inside of u what it is all about
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by rhymz(m): 6:30am On May 07, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

I'm holding on to what u couldn't face, delusion? NO! it is called the ultimate Truth.. don't ask me what the truth is cuz u know deep down inside of u what it is all about
. . After being outwitted by muskeeto and ridiculed by logicboy now you want to talk about delusional convictions with Me? Hah! Oga. . Finish one mess up at a time na. By the way, deep down inside of many scared-lame christians, they know the claims of the bible are fabricated bed time stories that defile common sense. For instance they can't comprehend why an all-powerful loving christian God needed his only begotten son to die for the sins of God's own creation just so that he can reconsider not destroying the human race. If this whole scenerio is not claptrap to you then you my friend are delusional. . So I ask again, what are you holding?

1 Like

Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:55am On May 07, 2013
# God can not heal amputee

1 Like

Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by Nobody: 7:08am On May 07, 2013
#RespectMoney$:

Morning Rmoney,

I believe the only thing God cannot do is commit sin.
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by Nobody: 7:22am On May 07, 2013
i am sorry to say that there are many things God cannot do, here are a few:
- God cannot defeat Evil (aka Lucifer).
- God cannot heal the sick, poor and/or hungry.
- God cannot raise the dead.
- God cannot walk on water.
- God cannot turn water into wine.
- God cannot save the world from natural disasters.
- God cannot bring happiness to the world.

and the list goes on!
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by ijawkid(m): 7:43am On May 07, 2013
in all the scriptures muskeeto quoted those individuals were already wicked,false and had reached a point of falsehood with no hope of returning back to God....so all God did was allow them to be decievd further......

the false prophets of ahab,the false prophets during jeremiahs day,all were not prophets of God.....God does not lie....read these verses....

look at the words of God to the same prophets you claim and misconstrue God lied to...

jeremiah 5:31
New International Version (©2011)
The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority, and my people love it this way. But what will you do in the end?

Jeremiah 23:16-17

English Standard Version (ESV)

16 Thus says the Lord of hosts: “Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you, filling you with vain hopes. They speak visions of their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord. 17 They say continually to those who despise the word of the Lord, ‘It shall be well with you’; and to everyone who stubbornly follows his own heart, they say, ‘No disaster shall come upon you.’

the isrealites chose to believe the lies of false prophets than to the truths from jeremiah or Gods prophets...
and so God allowed them to be deceived and also allowed the false prophets to continue In there falsehood until his Great day came....

muskeeto and Co your inabilities to comprehend scriptural truths is what has landed y"all atheists in the delusions you guys are in......

you misinterprete the scriptures right left center just to keep yourselves deluded all the time thinking there is no God and that even if there is he is a wicked God and a liar...

there has never been a time GOD made a pronouncement through his prophets and it ended up being a lie.....

jeremiah,habakukk,micah,moses,zechariah,obadiah,nahum,isaiah,jeremiah,JESUS etc all were prophets of God and not one of them were given lies to disseminate to Gods people...stop attributing the lies those motor pack prophets proclaimed as coming from GOD

GOD CANNOT LIE

1 Like

Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by Nobody: 7:46am On May 07, 2013
Can you quote those verses directly instead of cherry picking as you're wont to do?

God says he's sending a lying spirit, Jeremiah says God has deceived them... Those verses clearly say so...

Who are you to question God? If He lies or not, by what authority can you claim He lies?

All that comes out of his mouth is good, so even when He deceives, it's for a purpose....

grin
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by RespectMoneys: 8:54am On May 07, 2013
MRbrownJAY: i am sorry to say that there are many things God cannot do, here are a few:
- God cannot defeat Evil (aka Lucifer).
- God cannot heal the sick, poor and/or hungry.
- God cannot raise the dead.
- God cannot walk on water.
- God cannot turn water into wine.
- God cannot save the world from natural disasters.
- God cannot bring happiness to the world.

and the list goes on!

God did the first one and Lucifer was caste down to this earth to corrupt the mind of once innocent like u... Jesus did d rest, don't u know that u would have been a natural disaster if u weren't born in that family that u grew up to despise now.. see bro God's work is marvelous it speaks for itself, just because u havent really partake from the blessing from above, and now u r labeling black.. hypocrisy is what I see in y'all atheists. Brainwashed individuals
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by RespectMoneys: 8:56am On May 07, 2013
ijawkid: in all the scriptures muskeeto quoted those individuals were already wicked,false and had reached a point of falsehood with no hope of returning back to God....so all God did was allow them to be decievd further......

the false prophets of ahab,the false prophets during jeremiahs day,all were not prophets of God.....God does not lie....read these verses....

look at the words of God to the same prophets you claim and misconstrue God lied to...

jeremiah 5:31
New International Version (©2011)
The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority, and my people love it this way. But what will you do in the end?

Jeremiah 23:16-17

English Standard Version (ESV)

16 Thus says the Lord of hosts: “Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you, filling you with vain hopes. They speak visions of their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord. 17 They say continually to those who despise the word of the Lord, ‘It shall be well with you’; and to everyone who stubbornly follows his own heart, they say, ‘No disaster shall come upon you.’

the isrealites chose to believe the lies of false prophets than to the truths from jeremiah or Gods prophets...
and so God allowed them to be deceived and also allowed the false prophets to continue In there falsehood until his Great day came....

muskeeto and Co your inabilities to comprehend scriptural truths is what has landed y"all atheists in the delusions you guys are in......

you misinterprete the scriptures right left center just to keep yourselves deluded all the time thinking there is no God and that even if there is he is a wicked God and a liar...

there has never been a time GOD made a pronouncement through his prophets and it ended up being a lie.....

jeremiah,habakukk,micah,moses,zechariah,obadiah,nahum,isaiah,jeremiah,JESUS etc all were prophets of God and not one of them were given lies to disseminate to Gods people...stop attributing the lies those motor pack prophets proclaimed as coming from GOD

GOD CANNOT LIE

He can never LIE oooooo
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by RespectMoneys: 8:57am On May 07, 2013
rhymz: . . After being outwitted by muskeeto and ridiculed by logicboy now you want to talk about delusional convictions with Me? Hah! Oga. . Finish one mess up at a time na. By the way, deep down inside of many scared-lame christians, they know the claims of the bible are fabricated bed time stories that defile common sense. For instance they can't comprehend why an all-powerful loving christian God needed his only begotten son to die for the sins of God's own creation just so that he can reconsider not destroying the human race. If this whole scenerio is not claptrap to you then you my friend are delusional. . So I ask again, what are you holding?

I'm doing what u failed to do..#believe
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by Qkeyxyz: 9:07am On May 07, 2013
@OP,

There's only one thing God absolutely cannot do; He cannot be or endorse homos.exuality.
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by Areaboy2(m): 9:10am On May 07, 2013
musKeeto:

Smh...

POW!!!! Right in the kisser grin grin grin grin

Muskeeto i commot cap for you. You don end the young man career.. See him feeling like a champ "God cannot lie". Little did he know grin grin grin grin. I don laugh die

mumu sheeples think they know everything
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by RespectMoneys: 9:11am On May 07, 2013
Qkeyxyz: @OP,

There's only one thing God absolutely cannot do; He cannot be or endorse homos.exuality.
What's ur point?
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by RespectMoneys: 9:16am On May 07, 2013
Area_boy:

POW!!!! Right in the kisser grin grin grin grin

Muskeeto i commot cap for you. You don end the young man career.. See him feeling like a champ "God cannot lie". Little did he know grin grin grin grin. I don laugh die

mumu sheeples think they know everything
U don commot cap to ur own ignorance and foolishness.. God put a lying spirit in the mouth of false prohets like u so that u can bring judgement upon urself.. that's one thing u need to understand about God and that is No One can Read His Mind, NO ONE CAN UNDERSTAND HIM. Foolstop
Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by Areaboy2(m): 9:20am On May 07, 2013
don't be silly. Admit when you've received a beatdown. don't run around in circles to save your god who practically doesn't give a hoot

3 Likes

Re: There Is One Thing God Cannot Do by ijawkid(m): 9:29am On May 07, 2013
musKeeto: Can you quote those verses directly instead of cherry picking as you're won't to do?

God says he's sending a lying spirit, Jeremiah says God has deceived them... Those verses clearly say so...

Who are you to question God? If He lies or not, by what authority can you claim He lies?

All that comes out of his mouth is good, so even when He deceives, it's for a purpose....

grin

You see yourself.......

Where those prophets who were already wicked and treacherous prophets of God...

The point I have with u guys is you never get to read scriptures complete but misconstrue them to keep fooling yourselves....

You forget that while those prophets were being allowed to fool themselves and proclaim falsehood, Jeremiah and other of Gods prophets alike were proclaiming Yahwehs words..........

Yahweh cannot LIE....

Oya tell me the lie wey Yahweh don talk....

During Jeremiahs day the then false prophets told the people that they wouldn't be taken into captivity by the babylonians,but jeremiah who was Gods prophet told them bluntly that they would be vassals in babylon......the people chose to be decieved by the false prophets and so they ignored jeremiahs words........

God sending a lying spirit simply means those individuals who were decieved never would have Gods holy spirit and so such individuals were exposed to satans lies and thus decieved...........

Exactly what is written in d scriptures is what is happening to you atheists.........

You guys have no iota of Gods spirit in you and so satan has become your freind and has overtaken your senses...,,,,your delusions will keep piling up until the end comes...........

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Good Manners In Islam: Illuminating The Non-muslims / Why Do People Hate Jews? / 1 Corinthians 1:17-31 The Worst Passage In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.