Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race (10227 Views)

38-year-old Man On A Queue Slumps And Dies At A Polling Unit In Bauchi / Ondo Lawmaker, Nomiye, Slumps And Dies / Olusegun Agagu Slumps And Dies At 65 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by Deleahmed: 12:55pm On May 07, 2013
A man, identified as Victor Adepoju, was found dead by the side of a stream less than 48 hours after participating in last Saturday’s Okpekpe Road race,

the highest paying complete road race in Nigeria which held in Edo State at Akoko Edo.

The body of the man, who was said to be a staff of the Edo State Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning, was said to have been discovered by the side of the stream at about 6.00 a.m on Monday with a vest tagged: Number 515.

The circumstances of the man’s death was unclear but sources said he might have collapsed and died from exhaustion after he struggled to get water to drink from the stream.

The remains of the man has been deposited at Lazarus Hospital in Fugar, headquarters of Etsako Central Local Government Area of Edo State.

Spokesman of the Edo State Police Command, Mr Moses Eguavoen, confirmed that Adepoju died after participating in the road race.

“An incident like that happened. He was a contestant in the road race. He was recovered from the water. The parents came and identified the body.

“The parents are asking for the corpse to be buried. The relations are declining investigations. They are not suspecting any foul play. The police is asking for a court affidavit to show that they are not interested in the investigation,” Eguavoen said.

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/11292-man-s-corpse-found-after-participating-in-okpekpe-road-race
http://oodera.com/2013/05/07/edo-ministry-staff-slumps-and-dies-after-okpekpe-road-race/
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 07, 2013
Another one bites the dust, all because of Oshiomhole.
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by MrAboki: 2:58pm On May 07, 2013
[size=13pt]I hope the government of Edo State will grant his family amnesty o!!

Imagining dying because of 100,000 Naira.
[/size]
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by theripper3: 3:01pm On May 07, 2013
Abi dem don Jazz am?
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by stevebond007(m): 3:02pm On May 07, 2013
So sad, a medical check up is always taken before such race. I wonder if one was conducted.

R.I.P.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by touchmehard: 3:04pm On May 07, 2013
RIP
He shouldn't have participated in the race if he knew he had health issues. You don't force yourself to do strenuous things just because of prize money. So sad
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by Lilimax(f): 3:04pm On May 07, 2013
There are some question that needs answer in the matter:
-Was he the only one participating in the race?
-How come other contestants did not see when he slumped.
-Was there no ambulance accompanying the contestants...

There may be more to this.

11 Likes

Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by greall1: 3:04pm On May 07, 2013
R.I.P

1 Like

Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by nairaman66(m): 3:05pm On May 07, 2013
Maybe the family people finally got him eh?? RIP.. God is alive to fight your cause.. angry
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by Mayany(m): 3:07pm On May 07, 2013
They should done a fitness test 4 all d participants nau *so sad I sympathize wit d family
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by aminho(m): 3:11pm On May 07, 2013
Maybe he did it 4 eye service sake
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by ejikeND(m): 3:16pm On May 07, 2013
they should have provided glucose for the partiscipant.
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 07, 2013
I guess he was running with his stomach full lipsrsealed
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by dammytosh: 3:19pm On May 07, 2013
Foolish guy.

He must have felt if THE GOVERNONR can do it, i can do it better. Not bearing in mind the type of Energy drink Osho baba took before leaving the Government house.

So after the race, no glucose, except stream water. #IsAlright

Rest In Peace Bro.

1 Like

Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by ejikeND(m): 3:19pm On May 07, 2013
they should have provided glucose for the participant.
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 07, 2013
dammytosh: Foolish guy.

He must have felt if THE GOVERNONR can do it, i can do it better. Not bearing in mind the type of Energy drink Osho baba took before leaving the Government house.

So after the race, no glucose, except stream water. #IsAlright

Rest In Peace Bro.
make I kill you so you go fit fight am for heaven...oponu!
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by Emmyk(m): 3:32pm On May 07, 2013
Rip
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by abbeybanks(m): 3:33pm On May 07, 2013
who is financing the investigation that the family will refuse it? may his soul rest in peace.
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by UgooJosh: 3:35pm On May 07, 2013
WHAT A CARELESS DEATH!!
I Just have to remain steadfast on my recent Fitness Resolution.

R.I.P.
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by effisyman: 3:36pm On May 07, 2013
Were there no provision for emergency.
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 07, 2013
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by DICKtator: 3:56pm On May 07, 2013
Mr Aboki: [size=13pt]I hope the government of Edo State will grant his family amnesty o!!

Imagining dying because of 100,000 Naira.
[/size]
How do you know that he partook in the race because of money? ohhh!!! you are myopic i guess
Perhaps he participated for health benefits or just for the fun of it while you're here spewing and ranting unmelodious trash like a maladjusted cretin a la smiggle!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by ichommy(m): 4:04pm On May 07, 2013
It is well
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by aniiii(f): 4:07pm On May 07, 2013
get your heart checked people kiss

especially for xes
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by PopupBlocker: 4:11pm On May 07, 2013
Disease-ridden Nigerians, with less than a pathetic heath history, forcing their body into vigorous exercise that they hadn't done since they passed middle-adulthood

You've got to be kidding me

Did he even confirm his eligibility of the race with his doctor?

Did he even hydrate his cells before the race?

Lol wetin I dey even ask......no be Nigerian forum I gey?

My condolence to his family sha. May he rest in peace
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by MrAboki: 4:13pm On May 07, 2013
DICKtator:
How do you know that he partook in the race because of money? ohhh!!! you are myopic i guess
Perhaps he participated for health benefits or just for the fun of it while you're here spewing and ranting unmelodious trash like a maladjusted cretin a la smiggle!!!
grin grin grin grin

[size=13pt]Why such foul language?!

The price money for any Edo state winner was 100,000 Naira. And its most likely that he was motivated (maybe in part) by this. Dont forget he was a civil servant.

Where you abused as a child or are you just a person by default?!

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:22pm On May 07, 2013
Eh ya!
RIP to the dead.
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by andyanders: 4:32pm On May 07, 2013
Lilimax: There are some question that needs answer in the matter:
-Was he the only one participating in the race?
-How come other contestants did not see when he slumped.
-Was there no ambulance accompanying the contestants...

There may be more to this.

This is the area I am sure that something is wrong because there is noway that such a thing will happen and nobody saw it.
Something is behind this as I believe that somebody is trying to cover something.
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by batstan(m): 4:53pm On May 07, 2013
andyanders:

This is the area I am sure that something is wrong because there is noway that such a thing will happen and nobody saw it.
Something is behind this as I believe that somebody is trying to cover something.
Yeah!!!they're helping u cover ur behind grin
andyanders:

Yeah!!!they're helping u cover ur behind
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by mygworld: 4:54pm On May 07, 2013
check out this great seminar www.myginfo.com/seminar2013
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by slimming: 4:58pm On May 07, 2013
RIP
Re: Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race by Exponental(m): 4:58pm On May 07, 2013
Where are PDP's mouth running spokemen? I hope Oshiomole's lawyer is ready and putting up facts to defend his client. Bet this is sure money for d lawyers!

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Leading In 18 States!!! / President Buhari Arrives Bauchi State On A 2-Day Working Visit / Court Stops The Arrest Of Ibrahim Larmode By Senate & IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.