Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Vehicle Mileage Interpretation...(outside And Trip Indication) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vehicle Mileage Interpretation...(outside And Trip Indication) (2058 Views)

How Much Mileage Is Too Much Mileage? / My Experience With Check VSC System Warning Indication On My 2007 Camryxle V6 / When To Change Your Car Engine Oil: The Mileage Way! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vehicle Mileage Interpretation...(outside And Trip Indication) by APRIDE(m): 3:06pm On May 07, 2013
I use Toyota Corolla 2003 model (American Specification). I find it difficult to interprete the mileage thereof as it is different from others that just indicate the number of kilometers covered. Mine would show a number that fluctuates between 80 and 90 and then a little 'f' as a suffix, preceded by 'outside'. At the bottom of this is a 'trip' indication that is in the region of 4 thousand now. Please can anyone in the house explain this to me viz-a-viz the actual mileage
Re: Vehicle Mileage Interpretation...(outside And Trip Indication) by JW214: 4:24pm On May 07, 2013
OUTSIDE: This is a thermometer in the car used to measure the temprature outside your car. It displays temprature in Farenhit, so to have it in degree, divide the displayed temprature with 17.2. Mind you, this is not your engine temprature

ODO: means odometer, it is an instrument used to measure the total distance travelled by your car since the last initialization(if your odometer has not been tampered with, the displayed figure is the total distance your car has travelled since it was released from factory).

This is displayed in Miles, so, to get your distance in kilometers, multiply your odo reading by 1.6, that is your displayed Millage in Kilometer

So Temp: divide by 17.2 to get it in degree and Millage, multiply by 1.6 to get it in Kilometer

TRIP A and B: you can use that to measure distances as well, I use A to measure distance covered since last engine service and Trip B to measure distance covered between point A and B when am travelling and I need to know what distance I have covered.

Trip A and B can be initialized by driver without any techical gadget, they are user specific while "ODO" can only be initialized using some Tech gadgets

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice On Lexus ES300 / Please Kindly Advise On Nissan Cars / [PHOTOS] The World’s Most Expensive Moving Home For Sale At £2million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.