Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? (1713 Views)

How I Will Rule My Kingdom — 17 Yr Old Delta King / Happy Easter 2015 Wishes, Messages, Quotes / 2-yr-old Child Offering Food To Her Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by onila(f): 3:19pm On May 07, 2013
cry cryits sad that our generation dont go back home as our parents used to do back in the day undecided

*christmas season was the time when all our family members from all over the world came back home and spend quality time with each other

*the time when we visit our grand parents and great grand parents back in the day. . .now some Nigerian parents are bringing our grand parents to the city so they wont have to go back home all the time. .my great grand ma refused my parents offer, she loves going to the farm in the village and loves the rural life

Unfortunately these days due to urbanization, everyone one wants to spend their xmas holidays in lagos, abuja or portharcourt angry

lets go back to the days of firing knockouts in our villages, running away from flogging, flogging masquerades etc

thats the real fun my pple

and not clubbing and drinking in lagos or buja

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by onila(f): 3:20pm On May 07, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 07, 2013
I go back most Christmas. Its harder for the diaspora though. Plane tickets are expensive angry

The excuse I hear from the people who live in Nigeria is that there is no money to host people during festive seasons. I dont blame though it aint easy. sad

However some will rather spend their money on drinks and go clubbing undecided
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 07, 2013
Each to their own tongue
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Afam4eva(m): 3:47pm On May 07, 2013
The number of people that travel has actually reduced. I remember the time Lagos used to be de-populated and boring affter everyone has left.

Some people don't go for several reasons. Apart from the fact that some people feel there are people in the village who are after them, some others don't go because they've not achieved much since they've been in thge city. It will be a shame when they see their mates driving the latest cars and built nice houses in the village while they can't boast of anything tangible.
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 07, 2013
I'm from the ONLY city in Nigeria(Lagos), fvck a village!!! grin I'm not from a village!!! tongue

I should be out there this Dec., God willing... wink
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Afam4eva(m): 3:52pm On May 07, 2013
ShyM-X:
I'm from the ONLY city in Nigeria(Lagos), fvck a village!!! grin I'm not from a village!!! tongue

You must think everywhere in Lagos is a town. Are you not from Ikorodu again?grin
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
You must think everywhere in Lagos is a village. Are you not from Ikorodu again?grin

I'm from Epe and there's no village out there... grin
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Afam4eva(m): 3:58pm On May 07, 2013
ShyM-X:

I'm from Epe and there's no village out there... grin
The Epe i know is a village oo. It's even close to Ogun state. It seems you don't know your village. Btw, Epe is not even a village. It's a collection of villages. So, your own village migght be in the interior close to the forest where you have wild animals roaming freely. Lolgrin
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 07, 2013
^^^^As long it's by the coast and surrounded by the Atlantic ocean, it's definitely not a village... grin

Epe is part of the Victoria Island, Lekki, and Ajah axis - the most expensive area in naija!!

Proud to be from Epe!!! grin
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Afam4eva(m): 4:07pm On May 07, 2013
ShyM-X:
^^^^As long it's by the coast and surrounded by the Atlantic ocean, it's definitely not a village... grin

Epe is part of the Victoria Island, Lekki, and Ajah axis - the most expensive area in naija!!

Proud to be from Epe!!! grin

Epe is not part of any VI or Lekki. Infact, it's probably the only part of the island that deveopment is yet to get to. Btw, we're talking of your village gan gan. I could claim enugu town as my village but my village is just 5 minutes from the main town. I actually think my village is one the most developed in Nigeria. We have a skyscraper here. Lolgrin
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:08pm On May 07, 2013
nice pics Onila. something serene about them.
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 07, 2013
ShyM-X:

So that means you don't have a country home where you can get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, feel the smell of oranges, guavas in the air cool instead of polluted air, climb rocks or hills and enjoy the scenery cool. Oga shymmex Pele o!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by onila(f): 5:46pm On May 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
nice pics Onila. something serene about them.
smiley
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 07, 2013
Afam4eva:
Epe is not part of any VI or Lekki. Infact, it's probably the only part of the island that deveopment is yet to get to. Btw, we're talking of your village gan gan. I could claim enugu town as my village but my village is just 5 minutes from the main town. I actually think my village is one the most developed in Nigeria. We have a skyscraper here. Lolgrin

Lmao @ afam... It's part of that axis and they all belong to the same district... Wanna see the map? grin

Anyway, the new international airport is being built there; Eko Atlantic is just a stone throw from there; the Lekki seaport isn't far from there; and apparently there's a university campus there as well... grin grin

It has a few beautiful beaches as well and you can easily build a nice and beautiful beach-house somewhere there...

Proudly Epe boy(Ijebu waterside)...
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 07, 2013
stillwater:

So that means you don't have a country home where you can get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, feel the smell of oranges, guavas in the air cool instead of polluted air, climb rocks or hills and enjoy the scenery cool. Oga shymmex Pele o!

It's by the coast and there's nothing better than living by sea coast.. The scenery, palm trees, sea breeze, chirping birds etc...

Anyway, you can invite me to your village if you want... wink tongue
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Nobody: 6:03pm On May 07, 2013
Pagan 9Ja,

Wanna visit Epe?
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:05pm On May 07, 2013
ShyM-X:
Pagan 9Ja,

Wanna visit Epe?

yes ive never been there!
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

yes ive never been there!

I'll send you an invite to the King's palace soon.. grin
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:52pm On May 07, 2013
Hm! There's this nostalgic feeling of going back to your root. Back then, it was fun & lovely. The last time I celebrated Xmas in the village was 1997.
Now wey my paternal grandmum don kpain, e go tey before I reach village. Not to talk of celebrating Xmas.
---------------------
Last Bullet: Some folks don't visit their village cos they are scared of their village people's juju.
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 07, 2013
^^ 1997 ? shocked
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:03pm On May 07, 2013
adaobi123: ^^ 1997 ? shocked
Yeah, 16years ago. My Paternal Grandma is a good organiser. She'll notify every member of the family & we ll all converge @ the village to celebrate Xmas.
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 07, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Yeah, 16years ago. My Paternal Grandma is a good organiser. She'll notify every member of the family & we ll all converge @ the village to celebrate Xmas.

but why so long ago ?
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:09pm On May 07, 2013
adaobi123:

but why so long ago ?
Iya Ladojo (My Grandma) don kpain na. Everybody's morale just cut.
But we ll get back to the good old time hopefully this year.
I v missed the village people, the scent, the cool breeze, bush meat, the girls, the inter village football match. Village Sweet Village...
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 07, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Iya Ladojo (My Grandma) don kpain na. Everybody's morale just cut.
But we ll get back to the good old time hopefully this year.
I v missed the village people, the scent, the cool breeze, bush meat, the girls, the inter village football match. Village Sweet Village...

kpain ? does that mean death undecided

Villa is best cool
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:29pm On May 07, 2013
adaobi123:
kpain ? does that mean death undecided
Yes.
adaobi123:
Villa is best cool
Sure.
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 07, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Yes.
Sure.

ohh sorry for your loss sad
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:33pm On May 07, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa:
---------------------
Last Bullet: Some folks don't visit their village cos they are scared of their village people's juju.

hmm those cowards its best they never return.
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:33pm On May 07, 2013
ShyM-X:

I'll send you an invite to the King's palace soon.. grin

ah ah i will surely visit someday!
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:43pm On May 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

hmm those cowards its best they never return.
Dem dey fear na!
Dem no get shockabsurber...
adaobi123:

ohh sorry for your loss sad
Thanks dear
Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by sweetjuice(f): 7:47pm On May 07, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: I v missed the village people, the scent, the cool breeze, bush meat, the girls, the inter village football match. Village Sweet Village...
lol. U rmnd me of d village.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians/africans Do u still Visit Yr Village Every Xmas Or Easter? by onila(f): 7:58pm On May 07, 2013

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

{$DP} Ramadan 2015 Profile Pics For FB Whatsapp / Obas That Have Ruled Benin Kingdom (1180–date) / Is This The Origin Of Igbo Land?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.