Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,401 members, 7,819,427 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Setting Up A Post Stroke Rehabiliation Centre - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Setting Up A Post Stroke Rehabiliation Centre (495 Views)

Advice Needed On Painful Movement In The Back Of A Post-stroke Patient. / Setting Up A Healthcare Facility In Nigeria / How Can Stroke Be Cured? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Setting Up A Post Stroke Rehabiliation Centre by y2kplus: 8:54pm On May 07, 2013
Please, I need information on how to go about setting up a post stroke rehabilitation unit. From my research, our hospitals have capacity to provide stroke care after it occurs with a bit of in-house rehabilitation. It is the lack of community after care that I am interested. Is there a possibility of having a state government support with infrastructure?
Anyone with any idea of how many of such centers we have in Nigeria?
We have Social Workers and Occupational therapists to manage the post discharge care. We can link in with surgeries and state hospitals for medical referrals.
This will be a model based on the UK health care system but paid for service or referred by any sponsoring state. What are the hurdles? Will it be feasible? We hope to work from two angles namely:
1. Drop in based therapy
2. Admission based therapy
3. Home assessment visits and support service

Questions:
1. Do Nigerian Universities have Occupational Health/Physiotherapy courses and graduates?
2. Do our Nigerian Universities have Speech and Language Therapists?
3. Any idea of any post stroke therapy centre(s) in Nigeria?
4. Where can I get detailed information on stroke attack record in Nigeria?
I will highly appreciate any helpful information.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Is Your Body Missing The Things That It Needs? / Nigeria Rated 2nd With Hiv/aids Petients,globally. / Health & Diet Guidelines During Summer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.