Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,674 members, 7,837,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Zurich Resident Tina Turner Becomes Swiss - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Zurich Resident Tina Turner Becomes Swiss (846 Views)

Omotola Meets Beyonce's Mum,Tina Knowles(photo) / Tina Turner Weds Erwin Bach In Switzerland / After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Zurich Resident Tina Turner Becomes Swiss by akanke79: 9:25pm On May 07, 2013
The news was trumpeted by Blick and other Swiss-German newspapers on Friday.

Turner, 73, has lived near Zurich since 1995, making a mansion in Küsnacht, overlooking Lake Zurich, her principal residence.

“I am very happy in Switzerland and I feel at home here,” she told Blick.

“I could not imagine a better place to live.”

Blick said Turner, whose real name is Anna Mae Bullock, had to undergo an interview with officials in Küsnacht before the municipality approved her “naturalization”.

The singer, who has sold 200 million records, first came to Zurich when her longtime partner, German music manager Erwin Bach was transferred to the Swiss city.

American rock singer Tina Turner has become a Swiss citizen.

The news was trumpeted by Blick and other Swiss-German newspapers on Friday.

Turner, 73, has lived near Zurich since 1995, making a mansion in Küsnacht, overlooking Lake Zurich, her principal residence.

“I am very happy in Switzerland and I feel at home here,” she told Blick.

“I could not imagine a better place to live.”

Blick said Turner, whose real name is Anna Mae Bullock, had to undergo an interview with officials in Küsnacht before the municipality approved her “naturalization”.

The singer, who has sold 200 million records, first came to Zurich when her longtime partner, German music manager Erwin Bach was transferred to the Swiss city.

The eight-time Grammy Award winner retired from performing in 2009.

A spokesperson for Turner told Blick that she appreciates the cleanliness, orderliness and four seasons of Switzerland.

And the native of Tennessee is reportedly learning German “diligently”.

So opens a new chapter for the woman with the husky voice once known for the “most famous legs in show business".

Turner long ago turned the page on a tumultuous relationship with Ike Turner, her violent ex-husband and former musical partner, who died in 2007.

After touring the world over, she would never again live elsewhere, and is enjoying simply being a “private person,” Blick reported.

http://www.thelocal.ch/page/view/zurich-resident-tina-turner-becomes-swiss#.UYlilEqrXwg
Re: Zurich Resident Tina Turner Becomes Swiss by miracleoscar(m): 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2013
Good for her as she needs a complete change of location.@ 73 I wish her more years ahead.
Re: Zurich Resident Tina Turner Becomes Swiss by pfijacobs(m): 1:26am On Aug 10, 2013
good move coming quite late.. 2nd to comment sha

(1) (Reply)

See Davido In Europe With All The Ladies / Wizkid Cooking A Hit With King Sunny Ade And Band!! / Photos: Toke Makinwa's Outfit To Future Awards Nominees Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.