Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? - Nairaland / General (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? (29718 Views)

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland / Nairaland Rules And Regulations / Nairaland Forum Rules and Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by mrjingles(m): 11:15am On May 09, 2013
I thought freedom of expression is enshrined in the Nigerian constitution? Try to use PERFECT grammar and PUNCTUATION? I mean are u serious? These rules should have been posted on April 1st. I know you have to make money and all but be careful you don't mess up a good thing bro. This list would be very appropriate in Germany circa 1937 under Adolf Hitler. So as a mark of protest i will post only in pidgin english after this sentence.

Now wey sumol change don enter your hand your head don dey big abi? Me and you wan go hunt antelope now you come dey say ma leg resemble antelope abi?
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by truthcom: 11:26am On May 09, 2013
mike404: O boy that one na sharia law o sad Don't post anything that could be considered offensive to islam... How about the one that could be offensive to christian

Cos he knows no practising Muslim will abuse Jesus, we belief in him, we ll never separate the prophets of Allah which Jesus happened to be one. You are the one that regards all Muslims

As supporters of Boko Haram instead of pointing to the North. May God forgives all.
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by yoged(m): 12:26pm On May 09, 2013
I'll prefer seun to add the dislike button. I think that'll will reduce insult rate coz some ppl will talk and u'll be like, does that comes a from chimpanzee? Pls we need the dislike button. Nairalanders shud advocate 4 dat. Goodluck *( not Ebele ooo) * to every1 as we struggle to follow the 21rules.... Oh that makes me remember 21question by 50cent. Rapping mode
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by softangel(m): 1:43pm On May 09, 2013
eyenCalabar: I think Seun should apology to us. He sounds insulting. There are ways one can actually commands you to do somethigng and you'll hearken with smiles and definitely NOT the way he's just imposing his own commands on us. Am dissapointed.

Na wa o, Nairaland members have come again. Seun had barely finished cautioning us against bad grammar and someone posted this. Anywayz, my observation is that Seun or whoever posted the Rules and Reg. did not even give space for comment, instead, immediately closed the thread.undecided
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by skfa1: 1:54pm On May 09, 2013
@ Seun

21. Always post in proper English. The use of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation is compulsory.

What if I dont know how to speak proper English or dnt know English at all? Wont I be able to post on NL?
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by cyril83(m): 1:56pm On May 09, 2013
naptu2: How it all started.

http://naijatechtalk./2008/02/06/re-why-seun-may-forbid-the-discussion-of-islam-on-nairaland/
that muhammad guy must be crazy.

Imagine an ordinary clay fighting for God.I wonder what would be the end of this world?

1 Like

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by ElPresido: 2:21pm On May 09, 2013
Nnaaa men! Seun eburukwa bata n'obodo! Bikonu, iwu nile a maka na m choro igu asisri di na Nairaland? Mbanu. Kama ka m kwusi imebi ego na oge m ebea; jiri ya baara onwem uru.

Nke kacha ewe m isi bu Iwu nke iri abuo na otu: Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation. Emeghim beke n'ulo akwukwo, ndi be anyi, gini ka mu ga-emezi?

As for rule 17, Seun wrote it under duress. I guess his wife is moslem and denied him some good food and straffing for days hence the hasty scribbling of Islam instead of religion.
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by naptu2: 2:50pm On May 09, 2013
skfa1:
@ Seun

21. Always post in proper English. The use of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation is compulsory.

What if I dont know how to speak proper English or dnt know English at all? Wont I be able to post on NL?

You would/should be able to post in the culture section.
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by ibietela2(m): 3:11pm On May 09, 2013
[size=38pt]even Facebook where i make my daily bread don't have such rules[/size]
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 09, 2013
rule 21 is stupid, what happens to good old pidgin?
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 09, 2013
2buff:

LOL I see your coded campaign O. Stop being a traitor cheesy

And besides, the only ass you are allowed to kiss is mine.....literally tongue

excuuuuuse me? angry
racism!!
[size=1pt]speaking of kiss tongue did u see my comment in the "what am i eating now" thread?[/size] wink

Nnekacherry:

Lol..

angry

don't encourage him!
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by great063(m): 10:47pm On May 09, 2013
eyenCalabar: I think Seun should apology to us. He sounds insulting. There are ways one can actually commands you to do somethigng and you'll hearken with smiles and definitely NOT the way he's just imposing his own commands on us. Am dissapointed.
Eyen,abadie? What went wrong this time around? I know oga Seun is have good plan for Nairaland,but him is tooking it too far.Pls,advising him to be take it easy as him go. Mbok,Eyen take it easy.

1 Like

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by pimplucious: 12:32am On May 10, 2013
I sincerely think seun need to upgrade and up his interpersonal relationship. Not everyone here are kids. This is all too poor coming from someone like u. Ur popularity just crashed by 60%.
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by XavierSmiley: 12:46pm On May 10, 2013
eyenCalabar: I think Seun should apology to us..

Going by Rule 21, Ʊ're hearby banned! grin
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by XavierSmiley: 1:04pm On May 10, 2013
cyril83: that muhammad guy must be crazy.

Imagine an ordinary clay fighting for God.I wonder what would be the end of this world?

The guy is silly! God punish him and those who wrought evil against the peace we all enjoy in this country!!! May God Almighty wipe out all these faceless idiots! What's all dat crap about?
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by MostIncredibleDFirst: 6:31pm On May 13, 2013
Seun, ur "rules" constitute a simple NONSENSE! Reasonabl users of dis forum wudnt fu.ckenly care bout dem!
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by babyboy007: 10:11am On Jun 11, 2013
my post got hidden when i saw a topic about totoh dikeh and i asked if moderators are going to push the topic to frontpage. Guess what, the post did make frontpage ( as usual cool )but they blocked my post.

I dont know who this girl is and its seems you guys keeps pushing her to frontpage trying to force her on us. I feel loads of people are getting tired of this tonto dikeh stuff. If you going to push it to frontpage (like u always do), why hide my post? angry angry angry which of the 21 commandments did i break? you guys are the one breaking the law by advertising tonto dikeh every where . Just look at the frontpage. every time, there must be at least two of tonto dikeh.

This is getting ridiculous the way you hide comments. i did not insult tonto dikeh.i dont even know who she is. you guys allow insults on politicians but you quick to hide and ban people when they say anything you just dont agree too. why hide my post? and why tonto dikeh on frontpage everytime? why ban me when i did not insult anybody on this thread that i have to create another account to respond?
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by babyboy007: 10:24am On Jun 11, 2013
pimp_lucious :
I sincerely think seun need to upgrade and up his interpersonal relationship. Not everyone here are kids. This is all too poor coming from someone like u. Ur popularity just crashed by 60%.

You right. its really annoying the way they hide post now. i was on one tonto dikeh thread before it made frontpage and people were discussing (no insulting ) and by this morning, most of the post are hidden and its on frontpage. why? what law was broken?

Most people here are not kids and the way you guys handle things here like its kindergarten. I was never part of the group that was complaining before. i use to think the guys who complained were just finding a way to annoy seun and mods but its really ridiculous. I know its not by force to join and discuss on Nairaland but i stayed with Nairaland because it was the first one i registered with.There are other ones which people freely express themselves and they dont insult (i dont want to mention names before you ban me for advertising) but i never bothered joining but the way you hide post is really bad. i did not insult anybody but yet you find ways in hiding my post and banning me.

1 Like

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by pwettyolly(f): 9:52pm On Jun 14, 2013
[quote
author=phraoh]Cant help laughing at all the comments here...Nairaland,
its owners and all them holier than thou Mods are all jokes....Soon
y'all dictators will start posting alone......Just like Linda Ikeji,
Nairaland albeit Seun should be grateful for the lack of effective
competition in the internet and blogging business in Nigeria..If not, u
should have been out of business since for your unprofessionalism and
sentimentalism....Lindaikeji and Nairaland sulk and sulking the
more....Keep heading to your doom Nairaland....[/quote] pls dnt bring linda into dis yes she post alone buh she dosnt give rules abou freedom r blog is d bst so far afta bella nd most lively infact so pls dnt say wat u dnt knw jux joind nairaland still cnt undastand y it overrated mtcheew
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by chiggie(f): 8:40am On Jul 02, 2013
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by naptu2: 10:47am On Jul 02, 2013
chiggie: hi y'all!
pls how do I start a topic? thanks

1) Go to the section in which you want to create the thread.

2) At the top of the section you'll see "create thread". Click on it.

3) Fill in your thread title and first post and click "submit".

1 Like

Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by tpia5: 3:48am On Jul 08, 2013
i think an ignore button should be added at some point, where members have the ability to hide or ignore posts/posters or threads.
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by tpia5: 8:27pm On Jul 14, 2013
3. Don't advocate or encourage violent actions against any person, tribe, race, or group of people.

7. Don't say or do anything that's detrimental to the security or success of Nairaland.

13. Please report any post or topic that violates the rules of Nairaland.

it seems seun and his team are working on a new set of rules and the present ones are invalid, or how do you explain the impunity with which his mods flaunt their breaking them?
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by fastmoney1: 9:50am On Dec 09, 2014
Place the trade
Re: Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? by KangaIye: 5:35am On Dec 23, 2022
This one wey Oga Naptu dey take us back to this old school post so grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Change Old NIN Phone Number To New Number / 7 Things Every Man Must Know Before He Clocks 40 / Things Guys Do Or Discuss When They Gather Together.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.