Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,310 members, 7,819,055 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Bank Locks Up Debtor - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Locks Up Debtor (453 Views)

Onyenewe-Motors: Access Banks Shut In Enugu Due To Lack Of MONEY to pay DEBTOR!! / How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Debtor.... / Peter Ololo: Biggest Bank Debtor. Nigeria's Madoff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bank Locks Up Debtor by flexxzzy(m): 10:43am On May 08, 2013
A Petty trader, Mrs. Rose Abbey got what she didn’t bargain for when she was allegedly detained in a Micro Finance Bank at Ipaja area of Lagos, for failing to pay a weekly N2,000 earlier agreed on towards offsetting the N17,000 loan she borrowed from the bank.
It was alleged that she was abducted and beaten up before she was locked upin a room at the bank located at 170/ 172, Ipaja Road Baruwa on April 25. Shewas, however, released three days later.

Before then, she was allegedly neither allowed to have access to members of her family nor given food.
The housewife who hails from Edo state laterregained her freedom, after her friend paid the N2,000 to the bank.

Narrating her ordeal the victim told Crime Alert that she borrowed N17,000 from the bank to run her small scale business at Gowon Estate and the condition was that she will be paying back N2,000 every week. She said she has been paying the money until the 25 of April, when she was unable to pay because of poor sales.
“When the manager of the bank confronted me about the payment, I told her that I could not meet up with the payment for the week because of poor sales. She insisted that I must pay the money and dragged me to their office and locked me up along with another defaulter till the third day.

More at
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/i-n-c-r-e-d-i-b-l-e-bank-detain-female-customer-3-days-for-default-in-payment-of-loan/]

(1) (Reply)

Buy Your Liberty Reserve @160 Per Doller / Download Free GSM Recharge Card Business Manual / Dataentry Jobs Expounded!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.