Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Ngige Queries Obi Over N2tr Disbursement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige Queries Obi Over N2tr Disbursement (492 Views)

Abati Reacts To Punch Story On N2tr / Fashola Replies Peter Obi Over Alleged Deportation Of Igbos From Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ngige Queries Obi Over N2tr Disbursement by NorthernReps: 12:45pm On May 08, 2013
Former Anambra State governor and now Senator representing Anambra Central District, Chris Ngige, was on Monday endorsed for the state’s governorship election by the influential Rainbow Coalition.
Immediately after his endorsement, Ngige demanded to know how over N2 trillion belonging to Anambra tax payers was expended by Governor Peter Obi.
He contended that what is on ground is nothing compared to the amount in question.
Ngige, who made this claim at the Rainbow Coalition’s stakeholders’ meeting of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) members All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP) and Democratic People’s Party (DPP) in Awka, contended that anyone that wants to make a comparison between his administration and that of Obi, should consider the revenue while they were in power.
“While I was there as governor, I worked with about N80 billion as total budget and executed about N69 billion; and if we go by this data and figure, you will discover that the four budget, which I persecuted, I had about N150 billion, including the Internally Generated Revenue.
“Yet, we delivered services and built roads and lifted the embargo on employments and promotion, which the then governor placed while in office”.
“But, when you compare my administration with that of the incumbent, Governor Peter Obi, you will see the difference.
“He has received the N1.2 trillion in total as allocation from Federation Account and about N800 billion as local government allocation, which makes it up to roughly N2 trillion in the last seven years.
“Yet, we have nothing to show for it. I wish to ask, what do we have in Anambra State in terms of infrastructure to show for the N2 trillion received by the governor?
“Even if you allow for inflation by doubling the N150 billion to N300 billion, does the situation in Anambra State justify the huge resources that has come into the state since then?”
Speaking at the occasion, the convener of the meeting and coordinator of the Rainbow Coalition, Ben Oranus, explained that after due investigations and understanding of the personalities gunning for the 2013 gubernatorial election, they have found Ngige as the person good enough and better experienced to take up the task of managing the affairs of Anambra State.
Oranusi continued: “We are urging him to come and contest this election and continue from where he stopped.
“We have been holding this meeting for months now and now is the time to call him up and say go for us and become our governor again.
Former National Assembly member for Anambra East and West Federal Constituency, Ralph Okeke, later moved a motion for Ngige to contest 2013 gubernatorial election and was seconded by Ezike Nwosu, an All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) member in Ezinifite Aguata in Anambra South and was also supported by Chidi Abasilim of Idemili South and Paul Obianaso, who do not belong to any political party.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Greater-Abia-Movement
http://www.facebook.com/NorthernReporters

(1) (Reply)

Default Mode Of Nigerians Is Fraud – Lawyer / Emergency Rule: It Is Political Victimisation , Says CPC / Special Forces Arrest 120 Boko Haram Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.