Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? (1810 Views)

What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Is Abortion Right In This Instance? / Is It Wrong For Churches To Wed Couples With Pregnant Brides? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by JadeWilliam(f): 2:10pm On May 08, 2013
Some churches (like living faith;Redeemed;Dunamis&Goodtidings bible church) go as far as refusing 2wed a pregnant bride thereby encouraging abortion.I asked a frnd of myn who attends winners&sh said 'so that d bride won't bring pregnancy frm another man in2 d marriage.That sh recalls an incident whereby d girl didn't knw sh was pregnant&went 2do test at d recommended church lab so when it cam out + &was revealed 2her in d presence of d man;d man said he has neva slept with d babe for once;that d babe has bn tellin him sh wants their wedding nyt 2b special.
Anyway,my point is that genotype test can&shld b done but pregnancy test?? I don't knw ur opinion sha but mayb that's y there's high rate of infertility cos after abortion comes consequences.
Many churches also compell members 2do STD test b4 marriage but I wonder y cos most of these couples who are abt 2get married are already sleeping with each other without protection b4 deciding 2seal d deal.I used 2wonder,wot if one of d patners test +;wil d church not wed them? Or
What if they both test negative b4 getting married&later on one of them turns out to bcom +.Either was in d incubation period of HIV b4 d wedding? or by chance got infected thru whateva means;what happens?
Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by eiete(f): 2:35pm On May 08, 2013
Must one wed in the Church?

She has broken the rules of the church and gone against the Word of God. If she wants to get married before the baby is

due,she should go to a registry and get married, then go to church and have a marriage blessing. It's not a must that one has to be married in church.

3 Likes

Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by akorlade(m): 3:15pm On May 08, 2013
These church rule makes me wonder, if both couples accept the pregancy i see no reason why they should be denied the right of marriage. Abi nah only sex before marriage be sin?

1 Like

Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by AtheistD(m): 9:51pm On May 08, 2013
[quote author=Jade William] That sh recalls an incident whereby d girl didn't knw sh was pregnant&went 2do test at d recommended church lab so when it cam out + &was revealed 2her in d presence of d man;d man said he has neva slept with d babe for once;that d babe has bn tellin him sh wants their wedding nyt 2b special.quote]

Is that true? What happened? Did the lady cheat on her man? It would be difficult for a church to allow such a union until all those issues are resolved.
Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by kambo(m): 8:52am On May 09, 2013
ur question is a leadg one. U cud as well ask shud churches disregard d bible in d face of rising anti christian norms. The law always bows to societal pressure. Lobbyng law makers to pass favorable bills is the order. Man made legal systems are malleable.
Dyu know wat marraige symbolises? Wat does d white dress stand for? It stands for purity. Marraige is a symbol of christ and his bride,d church, and Jesus is rapturing a church without spot,blemish,or wrinkle.
Coming to d alter representg purity with evidence of fornication, is mocking of christian principles.
It is encouraging d un married not to take pre marital continency seriously.

The pregnant couples can still marry and b blessed by a minister but it shudnt b a white weddg or a weddg at all. They cud have a private ceremony or go to a registery (legal) then get a minister to pronounce a blessing.
Or d woman can deliver d baby then come for d wedding (pretence - bt most wedded couples hav been screwg each other already).
Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by SalC: 10:05am On May 12, 2013
Pls I want to know
kambo: ur question is a leadg one. U cud as well ask shud churches disregard d bible in d face of rising anti christian norms. The law always bows to societal pressure. Lobbyng law makers to pass favorable bills is the order. Man made legal systems are malleable.
Dyu know wat marraige symbolises? Wat does d white dress stand for? It stands for purity. Marraige is a symbol of christ and his bride,d church, and Jesus is rapturing a church without spot,blemish,or wrinkle.
Coming to d alter representg purity with evidence of fornication, is mocking of christian principles.
It is encouraging d un married not to take pre marital continency seriously.

The pregnant couples can still marry and b blessed by a minister but it shudnt b a white weddg or a weddg at all. They cud have a private ceremony or go to a registery (legal) then get a minister to pronounce a blessing.
Or d woman can deliver d baby then come for d wedding (pretence - bt most wedded couples hav been screwg each other already).
where did the bible approve of the white gown as a symbol of purity in the bible?. What is the difference between wedding and church blessing if both of them take place in the church?. Where did the origin of wearing white during wedding come from. If the bride's white symbolizes purity what about the husband's black and other colours. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by AtheistD(m): 10:29am On May 12, 2013
Sal C: Pls I want to knowwhere did the bible approve of the white gown as a symbol of purity in the bible?. What is the difference between wedding and church blessing if both of them take place in the church?. Where did the origin of wearing white during wedding come from. If the bride's white symbolizes purity what about the husband's black and other colour. Thanks.

Precisely. If the white is purity and they need to do pregnancy for women why dont the men get scrutinised too. I think it doesnt matter. More time should be spent making sure couples are suited to each other.

2 Likes

Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by wazobiaforu(m): 3:42pm On May 12, 2013
YES yES YEs

I only answer the toppic not the Story

Pregnancy test is not justify, they should rather do virginity test, pregnancy test is bias and rubish

1 Like

Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by AtheistD(m): 3:54pm On May 12, 2013
wazobia_for_u: YES yES YEs

I only answer the toppic not the Story

Pregnancy test is not justify, they should rather do virginity test, pregnancy test is bias and rubish

So virgins wont be allowed to marry
Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by wazobiaforu(m): 7:08am On May 19, 2013
Atheist:-D:

So virgins wont be allowed to marry

What I mean is that the law should go against who is not a virgin not who is pregnant.

Sister Sarah that has aborted up to 5 pregnancies for the pastor and have no womb again will be allow to have her wedding in church but sister Bose that got pregnated with her virginity will not be allow to have her wedding in church, is that not bias ?

To me, if its not virginity test then No test

2 Likes

Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by Nobody: 7:22am On May 19, 2013
Churches are silly and sexist.

In other words a pregnant wife can not marry her husband who impregnated her in the church

But a cheating husband (who slept with an ashawo the previous nite at his bachelor party) can still get married at the church

But a couple that has had an abortion before the wedding date can get married in the church

But a couple who have had threesomes and sacrilegious sex can get married in the church as long as the woman is not pregnant...

=================================

#more reasons that I do not go to church....foolishness in christ

2 Likes

Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by JadeWilliam(f): 4:11pm On Nov 07, 2013
Jade William: Sh recalls an incident whereby d girl didn't knw sh was pregnant&went 2do test at d recommended church lab so when it cam out + &was revealed 2her in d presence of d man;d man said he has neva slept with d babe for once;that d babe has bn tellin him sh wants their wedding nyt 2b special.

Atheist:-D:

Is that true? What happened? Did the lady cheat on her man? It would be difficult for a church to allow such a union until all those issues are resolved.
Ya.D lady apparently had bn seeing her ex secretly so sh ended up gettin pregnant.Anyway,d weddin was called off.
Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by nora544: 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
Jade William: Some churches (like living faith;Redeemed;Dunamis&Goodtidings bible church) go as far as refusing 2wed a pregnant bride thereby encouraging abortion.I asked a frnd of myn who attends winners&sh said 'so that d bride won't bring pregnancy frm another man in2 d marriage.That sh recalls an incident whereby d girl didn't knw sh was pregnant&went 2do test at d recommended church lab so when it cam out + &was revealed 2her in d presence of d man;d man said he has neva slept with d babe for once;that d babe has bn tellin him sh wants their wedding nyt 2b special.
Anyway,my point is that genotype test can&shld b done but pregnancy test?? I don't knw ur opinion sha but mayb that's y there's high rate of infertility cos after abortion comes consequences.
Many churches also compell members 2do STD test b4 marriage but I wonder y cos most of these couples who are abt 2get married are already sleeping with each other without protection b4 deciding 2seal d deal.I used 2wonder,wot if one of d patners test +;wil d church not wed them? Or
What if they both test negative b4 getting married&later on one of them turns out to bcom +.Either was in d incubation period of HIV b4 d wedding? or by chance got infected thru whateva means;what happens?

But when the father of the wife is a great pastor in the RCCg church than i know from a couple they get married in the church and they make no test that the wife was pregnat.
I know this churches will tell there followers that this is a sin but when it happen to a girl from a hight PCCG pastor than nothing will happen.
Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by GraceInUSA: 8:07am On Nov 27, 2013
Its not a matter of not wedding pregnant brides. In my church, before the wedding, the Pastors would call the couple and interview. I fthey find out that they've been fornicating, the regular wedding ceremony would be called off. Then they would be advised to go to the registry or do church blessing.
Its what God hates and when the church does this, it makes the youth know that God hates fornication and makes them to be careful and flee from youthful lust.
Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by SalC: 8:59am On Nov 27, 2013
GraceInUSA: Its not a matter of not wedding pregnant brides. In my church, before the wedding, the Pastors would call the couple and interview. I fthey find out that they've been fornicating, the regular wedding ceremony would be called off. Then they would be advised to go to the registry or do church blessing.
Its what God hates and when the church does this, it makes the youth know that God hates fornication and makes them to be careful and flee from youthful lust.
That is where my concern is, What then is the difference between wedding and church blessing if both still take place in the church?
Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by JadeWilliam(f): 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sal C: That is where my concern is, What then is the difference between wedding and church blessing if both still take place in the church?
My dear,ask me o
Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by SalC: 10:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
Jade William:
My dear,ask me o
Lol am already asking na
Re: Are Churches Encouraging Abortion By Not Wedding Pregnant Brides? by freeradical(m): 1:01am On Dec 01, 2013
I'm loving this thread already

(1) (Reply)

Is Polygamy A Sin In The Bible? / Popes To Be Declared Saints In April / Purgatory: Purifying Fire Or Fatal Fable? By Mike Gendron.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.