Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Possible amendments To Nairaland New Rules And Regulations? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Possible amendments To Nairaland New Rules And Regulations? (504 Views)

Concerning The Controversial "New" Rules Of Nairaland / Nairalands New Rules And Regulations, Your Take? / Nairaland Forum Rules and Regulations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Possible amendments To Nairaland New Rules And Regulations? by alosiby92(f): 2:48pm On May 08, 2013
Upon viewing Seun's thread about Nairaland rules and seeing them myself as I attempted to post, I decided to post my personal opinions of each one of them. I did not insult anyone or offend any of the rules (except using bad english in some cases to express myself grin)
However, to my utmost shock, I found that I was banned for the post.
To prevent this from happening to almost every user on Nairaland due to bad english, perhaps our dearest Seun could amend the last rule and make it easier for some of us who:
1. Are victims of spelling errors.
2. Are using cellphones to type so we can not type out full words on every occassion.
@Seun:Perhaps a "spell check" or "auto correct" could be incorporated into the Nairaland post box?

Any other suggestions as to how Nairalands new rule may be amended?
(valid reasons please)
Re: Possible amendments To Nairaland New Rules And Regulations? by StateOfMind: 3:10pm On May 08, 2013
I do not think you were banned because of bad english...do you know the number of people that will get banned hourly if that is being done by him?

I dislike the fact that I see these rules whenever I click the reply button.

I have read them on the front page and I do not need them following me from thread to thread angry angry angry
Re: Possible amendments To Nairaland New Rules And Regulations? by Cashio(m): 4:56pm On May 08, 2013
My only problem is with no 17...
Re: Possible amendments To Nairaland New Rules And Regulations? by alosiby92(f): 5:17pm On May 08, 2013
Yes, i also felt that it was slightly discriminatory. What of the christians? Perhaps it should be changed to "no attacking other people's religions"

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With Reliable Shipping / Cargo Comp In Newyork & London Respectively / If You Want To Help Africa, Tackle Illicit Financial Flows Kofi Annan Urges... / A Library Is Set Ablaze – Requiem To Achebe, By Koko Kalango

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.