Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Guideline And Assistance On How To Write Utme CBT Part - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Guideline And Assistance On How To Write Utme CBT Part (637 Views)

JAMB: 1.5 Million Candidates To Write UTME This Saturday / JAMB 2011/2012 (private Registration) AND ASSISTANCE Via SMS / Uniuyo Post Utme 2012/2013 Out Details And Assistance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guideline And Assistance On How To Write Utme CBT Part by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 08, 2013
This topic is mostly for those who are writing CBT. The orientation we had today was to test the procedure on how to write CBT. Now pay attention. First all, bear in mind that you are writing with a timed and programmed computer and as such, once its time for you to stop, the computer stops you automatically, no extra time or anyway of regaining the time you waste, so be time concious. Now, CBT questions have the same number of questions and same time as PPT: 100 questions for english language and 50 questions in each of other subjects. Each question has the following options:
1. Next below the right hand side of any question.
2. Previous below the left hand side of any question.
After answering any question, click the NEXT option to take you to next question after you have answered the question, if you don't know the question, click on it to try the next question. The PREVIOUS option is for you to go back to the question you have passed and have not answered or have answered and you want to make amendments. Remember that after answering any question, you must click on the NEXT option or the question will be there looking at you and waiting for as while time runs. Do you wish to know more on this topic or any assistance, add me on 2go via rymzocares or on facebook via UNN Voice or call me on 08023960959. Goodluck to you my beloved jambites.
Re: Guideline And Assistance On How To Write Utme CBT Part by Emylexray(m): 8:46pm On May 08, 2013
Good job OP! I really want to commend the gut and confidence of those that would sit for the CBT exam. Personally, i can't stand the heat and pressure! It requires very fast thinking and prompt decision as to which option is correct! How would a candidate sitting for Maths, Physics and Chemistry, three subjects that involve calculation fare? What if the system hangs? Or what if PHCN ceases power in the course of the exam as it is customary in Nigeria for PHCN to always fluctuate power? Lol. All these are likely obstacles to the candidates having a hitch-free exam. Well
l hope none of these happens.

My advice to the CBT candidates is for them to prepare adequately and not hope for any assistance. They should learn from the outcry and lamentations of those that changed their type in the PPT (paper and pencil test) and failed. I wish them all the best!
Re: Guideline And Assistance On How To Write Utme CBT Part by Nobody: 7:25am On May 09, 2013
Emylexray: Good job OP! I really want to commend the gut and confidence of those that would sit for the CBT exam. Personally, i can't stand the heat and pressure! It requires very fast thinking and prompt decision as to which option is correct! How would a candidate sitting for Maths, Physics and Chemistry, three subjects that involve calculation fare? What if the system hangs? Or what if PHCN ceases power in the course of the exam as it is customary in Nigeria for PHCN to always fluctuate power? Lol. All these are likely obstacles to the candidates having a hitch-free exam. Well
l hope none of these happens.

My advice to the CBT candidates is for them to prepare adequately and not hope for any assistance. They should learn from the outcry and lamentations of those that changed their type in the PPT (paper and pencil test) and failed. I wish them all the best!
Good comment and thanks

(1) (Reply)

Study In Europe Opportunity....dont Let JAMB Delay Your Future!!! / Unilorin Post Utme 2013/2014 Likely Questions / ASUU Says No To Re-negotiating 2009 Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.