Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,410 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:00 AM

Why I Am Not Married--bimbo Akintola - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Am Not Married--bimbo Akintola (1950 Views)

Bimbo Akintola Looks Slimmed-down And Young In New Photos / Bimbo Thomas Flaunts Her Cleavage At Birthday Party (Photos) / Bimbo Akintola Hired As Celebrity Election Observer (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am Not Married--bimbo Akintola by CallmeJKLUE(m): 3:28pm On May 09, 2013
Actress Bimbo Akintola has says she is not yet married because she is yet to find a man that has the qualities she desires.

Unlike many Nigerian celebrities, Bimbo, in a recent interview said she is not looking for a tall, dark or handsome man, but for "principles, integrity, someone that's kind, someone that's funny, and someone that's very clean. Someone that's compassionate."

She added that it is also not about money because, "my mother didn't marry my father a rich man. So, I don't put much emphasis on money; it's not about money or looks, it's about your heart and your head. So, for me, I have to be in the person's heart and the person's head."

The University of Ibadan Theatre-Arts graduate stated that until she finds someone with those qualities, she will remain single.

"If I can't see someone and say I want to be with this person for the rest of my life, I won't do it. I say this all the time and people say oh my God, ‘she said she would never marry, I can't believe it’. That's not what I'm saying, I am simply saying that if I don't see someone that I believe I can look at for the rest of my life, I won't do it."

"Marriage is a bigger work. Once you have signed the paper, you are in each other's space - day in day out. You are two people with different backgrounds. You have problems until you have even grounds. So, it takes a lot of hard work to stay in marriage. That is why when my friends come to me and say, I am getting married', I ask, 'Are you sure?' I have never dated any person and said, 'Oh, this is the person I want to marry."

She also feels there is nothing wrong in having kids out of wedlock. According to her, refusing to do so if circumstances call for it will mean what she calls double burden. While she does not, however, personally rule out marriage, she is rather amused when asked who her ideal man is.
Re: Why I Am Not Married--bimbo Akintola by Damojo: 3:37pm On May 09, 2013
Please change the topic to : Why I will never Marry--bimbo Akintola
Re: Why I Am Not Married--bimbo Akintola by CallmeJKLUE(m): 3:43pm On May 09, 2013
Damojo: Please change the topic to : Why I will never Marry--bimbo Akintola
lol, are you praying 4 her downfall or single life to remain still
Re: Why I Am Not Married--bimbo Akintola by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 09, 2013
it seems this woman is sad. cause she is always talking about these days

(1) (Reply)

Iyanya Shows Off His Mint Dollar Notes / Genevieve Nnaji Disappoints Fans In London / Photos: Celebs And Their Unbelievable Lookalikes From Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.