Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,561 members, 7,840,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Official: Moyes Sign 6years Manchester United Deal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official: Moyes Sign 6years Manchester United Deal (491 Views)

David Moyes Appointed Manchester United Boss / David Moyes Confirmed As Manchester United New Manager / Wesley Sneijder Has Completed Manchester United Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Official: Moyes Sign 6years Manchester United Deal by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 09, 2013

Moyes has agreed a six-year deal at the club, which will start on June 1, and will take his place at the Old Trafford helm with the blessing of Sir Alex.

"I've admired his work for a long time and approached him as far back as 1998 to discuss the position of Assistant Manager here. He was a young man then at the start of his career and has since gone on to do a magnificent job at Everton. There is no question he has all the qualities we expect of a manager at this club."

Everton announced earlier on Thursday that Moyes was set to leave Goodison Park at the end of the season following a tenure lasting over a decade.

The Scot acknowledges that Sir Alex will be a tough act to follow after accruing 38 trophies during his 26-year reign, before thanking everyone involved with Everton for the impact their had had on his career.

Moyes added: "It?s a great honour to be asked to be the next Manager of Manchester United. I am delighted that Sir Alex saw fit to recommend me for the job. I have great respect for everything he has done and for the club.

"I know how hard it will be to follow the best manager ever, but the opportunity to manage Manchester United isn?t something that comes around very often and I?m really looking forward to taking up the post next season.

"I have had a terrific job at Everton, with a tremendous chairman and Board of Directors and a great set of players. Between now and the end of the season, I will do everything in my power to make sure we finish as high as possible in the table.

"Everton?s fantastic fans have played a big part in making my years at Goodison so enjoyable and I thank them wholeheartedly for the support they have given me and the players. Everton will be close to me for the rest of my life."

source :http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2013/05/09/3966483/official-moyes-to-be-next-manchester-united-manager?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_2

source: http://havilah.info/clubs-fanzone-and-discussions/official-moyes-sign-6years-manchester-united-deal
Re: Official: Moyes Sign 6years Manchester United Deal by Agbalanze(m): 4:44pm On May 09, 2013
Congrats Moyes! Hope this big shoe will size you..
Re: Official: Moyes Sign 6years Manchester United Deal by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 09, 2013
Agbalanze: Congrats Moyes! Hope this big shoe will size you..

the next news will be rooney and special one to chelsea

ronaldo to man u

martinez to everton
Re: Official: Moyes Sign 6years Manchester United Deal by mukina2: 5:46pm On May 09, 2013

(1)

Mourinho Ends Contract With Madrid On Mutual Consent / Jose Mourinho "I'm The Happy One” / Lionel Messi Summoned By Spanish Judge Over Tax Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.