Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Avram Grunt Must Go ! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Avram Grunt Must Go ! (1010 Views)

Avram Grant To Become New Coach Of Ghana / Avram Grant Is New Ghana Coach / Ghana's Employment of Coach Avram Grant is missing an Essential Ingredient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avram Grunt Must Go ! by Rafaell(m): 3:29am On Apr 19, 2008
Thanks for de wonda opportune to hit out at this beast of a man that calls himself a coach shocked
Hey guys, no strings attached, but this man has to go !

He is just a block head,
He seats every match day on the bench looking like someone who's just swallowed a swarm of bees.

I know many of our Bridgeguys wouldnt want to hear this,
But I have to use this Forum to voice it out - LOUD & CLEAR !!

I have been praying, wishing, psyching, voking & voluming seriously,
that Chelsea, our own dear Chelsea (de unfallible Bridge),

>>>>>> that we don't win any Trophy this season !!
Not even HALF !! NO CUPS !

Let that bagger tongue understand what it means to grind through a season,
And don't win any trophies.

Since he was so keen, with his Russian mentor,
To push de unparalleled Jose out through da back door.

3 seasons - 6 Trophies,
2 straight titles in his first season.
De best that eva came out from da Bridge.

Now the sh_t head has taken over,
What does he have to offer angry angry angry

Carlin Cup final loss; FA cup Q-final loss 2 BARN-sley!
A miserly 1 - 1 draw with WIG-an in da Bridge in thick of de season !

Damn !! Can somebody give the Jonkie da JOSE format ,
When theres pressure on ya team, Pull out one defender & bring in another Striker !
(Ask Arsene how he came from 2 goals down to beat Bolton 3 - 2 !!)

I am hammering on it AGAIN,

No Trophies, No extended contracts for Da Beast !!
AVRAM GRANT must GO !!

For me, final trophy patterns go like this;

Eng. Premiership
1) Man Utd.
2) Chelsea
3) Arsenal
4) Liverpool

and mind u, it will be more painful for the f_ _l >>>>
as Man Utd takes it by goal difference because thatz what its going to be.

Champs League,
Liverpool brushes off de Blues, while
Manchester United knocks out Barca,

grin grin then on D-Day
What do you think?

YOU SHALL NEVER WALK ALONE !! wink

Avram Grunt grin must GO ![i][/i]

Re: Avram Grunt Must Go ! by mykali(m): 6:38pm On Apr 20, 2008
o boy, take am eazy na. and why did u just write off d blues in d champs league. are u blue
Re: Avram Grunt Must Go ! by Nobody: 8:54pm On Apr 20, 2008
i am a sworn chelsea fan. i recently received my Chelsea card. our resident mascot is clueless. the sooner they got rid of him the btter
Re: Avram Grunt Must Go ! by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 23, 2008
I think you guys you should be more objective in your criticisms of Grant.
Methinks the main crime he committed is coming in as a manager after the charismatic Mourinho.
No doubt, anyone who came to the Bridge after Mourinho, would always be subject to comparism with him.

Honestly, i think Grant's only crime is that he is not as flambouyant, handsome and charismatic as his predecessor. Tactically i think they are about the same.
dont get me wrong i'm a chelsea fan to the core and i feel people have been very unfair to Grant.

if you cast your mind back, when Mourinho left the Bridge, we were 5th in the league, had problems with scoring, we had just drawn a match with Rosenborg at the Bridge after being defeated by Valencia at the Mestella and their was a lotta rancour between Mourinho and Abramovich.
Grant came in at a difficult period - remember his first match was against Manchester United -, and he took Chelsea from 5th position to where they are currently on the table.
He also endured a difficult period with absence of key players during the African nations cup and also lots of injuries to key players.
He also turned things round at the champs league and Chelsea will now be in the Finals of the Champs league.

If you want to criticize him for not being flamboyant, charismatic and handsome then i could also join you in such criticisms. But if you want to talk about results (which really matter), he has delivered.

Give Grant a break jare, and try to be more objective in your criticisms.
Re: Avram Grunt Must Go ! by funso77(m): 5:33pm On Apr 23, 2008
CHELSEA FOR LIFE!!! am a tru fan and for me, avram has done anything since the exit of jose. give it to the players brothers they feel the oars rest on them to put chelsea where they are today. imagine a coach like avram stating categorically online that "i give my players the freehand/freewill to decide what they want". a coach not sure of what he wants, what he wants to achieve, he just believes that for success you just have to win a trophy.

technically, i believe this guy(avram) is just below average. look at juande ramos of tottenham, a perfect example of the reverse case to chelsea. good coach, unfit players. look wenger, good players,lots of technicality involved in reading the game of football. making the right substitutions. what are those great players doin on the bench. he waits 90% - 95% of gameplay before making changes - fortunate changes.

so much to be said, jose brought a lot to chelsea but that does not mean he should now be worshipped. chelsea needs to get someone as good as this guy in order to keep our presence felt in the league. everbody wants to leave chelsea, few wants to come, avram is not the type of coach any great player would want to play for.

the sooner the better, but no matter what, come what may, CHELSEA FOR LIFE!!!
Re: Avram Grunt Must Go ! by mykali(m): 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2008
i always say, even in my coffin, i'm still gonna support the blues, but i will not be a true blues fan if i say i fancy having A.G till next season. he should leave abeg, we don't need a better coach, we need a coach that can "ginger" those guyz on da field, and Grant does not do that,
Re: Avram Grunt Must Go ! by ituen(m): 6:48am On Apr 24, 2008
petermania:

I think you guys you should be more objective in your criticisms of Grant.
Methinks the main crime he committed is coming in as a manager after the charismatic Mourinho.
No doubt, anyone who came to the Bridge after Mourinho, would always be subject to comparism with him.

Honestly, i think Grant's only crime is that he is not as flambouyant, handsome and charismatic as his predecessor. Tactically i think they are about the same.
don't get me wrong i'm a chelsea fan to the core and i feel people have been very unfair to Grant.

if you cast your mind back, when Mourinho left the Bridge, we were 5th in the league, had problems with scoring, we had just drawn a match with Rosenborg at the Bridge after being defeated by Valencia at the Mestella and their was a lotta rancour between Mourinho and Abramovich.
Grant came in at a difficult period - remember his first match was against Manchester United -, and he took Chelsea from 5th position to where they are currently on the table.
He also endured a difficult period with absence of key players during the African nations cup and also lots of injuries to key players.
He also turned things round at the champs league and Chelsea will now be in the Finals of the Champs league.

If you want to criticize him for not being flamboyant, charismatic and handsome then i could also join you in such criticisms. But if you want to talk about results (which really matter), he has delivered.

Give Grant a break jare, and try to be more objective in your criticisms.

your post is the most reasonable. People are just not simple wen it comes to taking decisions. Grant came into troubled waters and is within reach of getting 2 cups. Isnt it fair enough that we give him the support then talk abt his removal after the season?

He may not be a good coach, he may not be able to make excellent tactical changes but, where is Wenger and Benitez now on the table?

DOnt forget he has the opportunity of making history as the 1st coach in premiership to make a debut and collect a well recognised trophy. Alex, Benites and Wenger havent done it b4.

Arsenal had their way at home and we gave it back to them
ManUtd did theirs and this is our time.

Lets support him. Na beg i dey beg una. I love when the guy scratches his head grin grin grin grin grin grin

NB: I just got my ticket for the 2nd leg semi at SB but i cant attend cos i'll be offshore then

[size=18pt]CHELSEA FAN SINCE GIANLUCCA VIALLI[/size]
Re: Avram Grunt Must Go ! by Akolawole(m): 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2008
petermania:

(1) Tactically i think they are about the same.
don't get me wrong i'm a chelsea fan to the core and i feel people have been very unfair to Grant.

(2) if you cast your mind back, when Mourinho left the Bridge, we were 5th in the league, had problems with scoring, we had just drawn a match with Rosenborg at the Bridge after being defeated by Valencia at the Mestella and their was a lotta rancour between Mourinho and Abramovich.

1) Please remove your specsaver when comparing them tactically

2) Go and look at the legue table at that time very well, wer were just 2 points behind Arsenal the league leaders

What has changed in Chelsea's way of playing? Just tell me one
Re: Avram Grunt Must Go ! by toluxa1(m): 2:30pm On Apr 25, 2008
Can you see now that Liverpool could not rub off the Blues. So you were wrong there just as you are wrong in everythinmg you said. What Jose Mourinho could not do in four years(abi na three), this guy has done it. So let him do is job. He say he is sitting on the bench looking, What do you want Him to be doing, Dancing or what.

Nonsence, I dont think you are a blue
Re: Avram Grunt Must Go ! by Rafaell(m): 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2008
Toluxa 1,

From de way U ar sounding, U have jus exposed yaself that U ar a Bloody Blue from yesterday,  maybe one of those ex-Gunners that got evacuated with the departure of Thierry Henry !  I know all of you lipsrsealed

Now U join Chelsea without permission because they are in winning ways - YES ! three years ago! and U know it !
Let me tell u,  I dont know where u reside but am a pure Naija resident,  I started "listening" to Chelsea & other premiership matches on commentaries[/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color] as far back as 1992  cool  on the BBC ; when European league matches could only be watched in Big hotels with these kinda large dishes. Unless u had a pact with de "super rich" then.

How can u open ur wide mouth and tell me that Liverpool ddnt brush off Chelsea !!
Hey ! Fellow nairalanders & Soccer faithfuls,  can somebody please listen to this man !!

Maybe he watches his own matches from under his arse (or balls! for cryin out loud) & in between his legs  embarassed
List them,   Ballack, who was lost in de game
                 Lampard brooding over hius mums health (may her soul rest in peace)
                Makalele, old age was so much against him he had to take to karataker in de air
               Malouda, alwys trying his best but ending up fluffing all his efforts.
                 Drogba, a very big shadow of de wonder striker we all used to know.
Come on,    Even Joe Cole, de mercurious England Maradona,  wat happened to him ?!

My man wake up.  You are bein stupidly sentimental about Chelsea. U cant be a bigga fan than me,
I have been there 16 good years. So wen de club messes up,  I tell u they ar messsing up & I own up to it!

Chelsea will stil lose de second leg jus lik they did de first,  De Reds scored all de goals in that match if u dont kno.
At de same time, played all de soccer that needed to be played in that same match.
We thank God for Carvalho, Ferreira & Cech (maybe Terry too),  we would ve been four goals down !!

Until a coach who knows his onions and has enough confidence in himself comes in,
it will all be dowwwn,  dowwwwn,   dowwwwn  de drain !

U ask me wat Avrum GRUNT should do on the bench ??! U ar funny really.
Okay he should borrow some chewing gum from Sir Ferguson and keep chewing if he doesnt know wat 2do.
Good a thing he will be meeting him 2moro,  so he has time to take enough from him back to Stanford Bridge.

Abeg some other "true" faithful should take ova from here
and giv this guy some  mo dose of wat he needs to here
Re: Avram Grunt Must Go ! by Tattooboy: 6:35pm On Apr 25, 2008
Avram's gonna set a record by reaching the final of the CL, so think twice
Re: Avram Grunt Must Go ! by toluxa1(m): 5:14pm On Apr 26, 2008
Dont mind Him. I didnt even have time to read everything you wrote. As you start dey bust na him i just scroll down. As if you are the only one that has 'BBC'. Even if you have been watching before Chelsea FC was created na you sabi.

I think by now you would have seen what my boys did in SB this afternoon. You will see more of that this season nd your prayers will not be answered in Jesus name. Amen.

And you were quite write, I've been a chelsea fan just for four years now. But at least i am more optimistic than you wey you don be fan since 1892 abi na wen you call am again.

Anyway, We are all blues, Lets just come together and support our dear club. So if i have abused you, i'm sorry.

UP CHELSEA FOR LIFE!!!
Re: Avram Grunt Must Go ! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 26, 2008
@ Rafaell, you dont have to be so insultive when tryin to get ur point across. this is meant to be an intellectual forum and not a place where u have to use distasteful words to get ur point across. it shows a lack of class.

it matters not whether one has been a chelsea fan for 2 minutes or 16 years (besides maturity is not measured by age), a fan is a fan and the least u could do is to welcome anyone who identifies with chelsea and not brag about how long u hav been a chelsea fan.

i still stand by my earlier post, Grant has done nothing wrong, there has been no remarkable change in chelsea's style of play between last season and this season so i dont know what u guys are complaining about.
who knows, maybe when we ge t a coach who can play to the gallery and not deliver results you guys will be satisfied.

a good example is Arsene Wenger, he is a very passionate coach and full of life; but it seems most Arsenal fans are getting frustrated with the lack of silverware despite their attractive football.

to the other fellow who said chelsea was just two points behind Arsenal when they were fifth, fifth is fifth, whether u are half a point behind the league leaders or not, the title race can be won by just one point.

I look forward to ur response to this post, i only hope it will be objective, cos i willnot like to be drawn into an argument that is devoid of facts.

hope u watched the match today. i enjoyed it. cant wait to make fun of all my man utd friends.
Re: Avram Grunt Must Go ! by Rafaell(m): 7:09pm On Apr 28, 2008
Hey! Guys,

Am sorry if I went bust!
Jus dat de young man Toluxa touched my soft spot.

I hav lost (and also won) heavy amounts of dough on Chelsea.
I hav been in a brawl before (six yrs ago) in uptown Surulere cos of de Blues.

So how can he open his mouth and say,
"Nonsense, I dont think you are a Blue!"

Didnt U catch his last statemt?

Well, all dat now past, U guys have to keep this up ya sleeves
if we gonna have a successful Chelsea.
We have to learn to point tings out when they go wrong.
Not jus cowering up every minute & then hope & pray that we win a match.

Good example is de real Liverpool fans. Dubai International Capital officials had
to come & calm de nerves of the Anfield supporters immediately rumour came up
they were trying to hire Jose Mourinho to take over from Benitez.
I quote ESPN Soccernet,
"And DIC's representatives, who have good relations with a number of Liverpool fans' groups including the recently formed Spirit of Shankly organisation, have gone to the point today of contacting them to deny speculation over Mourinho."

So guys, lets engage in constructive & progressive supportership, not dwellin on sentimentalism.

[size=8pt]All hail de Unfallible Bridge. 4REAL, 4LIFE[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Bash Ali? / Abuja National Stadium Main Pitch Grows With Shrubs. / Do You Think Bojan's 2nd Goal Against Arsenal Is Not Really A Goal...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.