Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

I Need Help With Rhinitis - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need Help With Rhinitis (848 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help With Rhinitis by Ibime(m): 7:09am On Apr 19, 2008
Whats up guys. I have had Rhinitis for many years since I was about 12 years old. A lot of times, it gets so bad that both nostrils are blocked and I have to breathe through my mouth. It also affects my sleep as I now have Sleep Apnea as a result of it. I have tried all the treatments from anti-histamines to saline irrigation. I was just wondering if I should go for corrective surgery and what is the process. What do you guys think?
Re: I Need Help With Rhinitis by Vicjustice: 12:02pm On Apr 19, 2008
Have you seen a Doctor?
   There are two kinds of Rhinitis, the allergic one and the nonallergic one. So, which one has your doctor diagnosed you with?
   Advice sometimes could be difficult to give especially when one doesn't have clear pictures of the state of the illnesses: So, i suggest you consult your Doctor, s/he is in a better situation to give the best suggestion and advice. Cheers
Re: I Need Help With Rhinitis by Ibime(m): 3:47pm On Apr 19, 2008
^^^So there is nonallergic Rhinitis? That must be the piece of information I have been missing. Thank you. After the prick-test, the doctor said I was allergic to cats but I told him I have no contact with cats. He prescribed Nasofan Aqeous anyway and it has not worked. Anyway, I will approach him with this new information. Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

A Guide To Memory Increase And Retention / Help,help / How Safe Is Your Work Place?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.