Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them (34541 Views)

Buhari More Interested In Humiliating Our Members - PDP Cries Out / Soldiers Raped Our Members Before Killing Them – Shiite Women / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by rastarman(m): 7:37am On May 10, 2013
Ok. O. Any one who is not believing in spiritual will have to learn now. All i am advising is that Teach humans the spirit of the law. Not by making law harsh on them, cos human can show addaptation to situation. If u threatened a thief, i ll kill u with Gun.the thief go laugh and say u 4get say i get *odeshi.
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by confusion247(m): 7:38am On May 10, 2013
Amnesty should be given to them simple.
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by jjoro79(m): 7:38am On May 10, 2013
Above the law, only in naija
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by DTruSon(m): 7:43am On May 10, 2013
“Suddenly that day, the armed police came with guns and we say what happened? They did not answer us but started spraying teargas on us and killed nine of our members. In return for self defence we killed 95 of them, we have no guns it was machetes that we used in defending ourselves and eventually killed them.
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by byns: 8:12am On May 10, 2013
Ombatse rhymes with Oma se o

funny how names imply actions

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by calaway: 8:13am On May 10, 2013
Raymondenyi:

My dear, I think U should forget what it seems the group is doing now, because it was obvious they where only a time bomb spelling an impending doom, because they would have started carrying out other attacks , after ther so called primary aim has been met, as evident by them fearless killing such amount of security agents and comming out boldly to tell it to the populace enlarge,like a feather on their cap.
besides why fighting and killing the security men who came to arrest their head if they knew what they were only doing was protecting themselves from fulani heardsmen ?

So U can clearly see now and agree with me, that they had other hidden agenda, anyway I pity them, cus that is an act of war they have called upon themselves, and this time around it is federal troops that will go there armed to the teeth with greenades , lets see how there "JAZZ" can save them from that one, n moreover in these kinda attacks its the old, children and women that will fall victim, cus the youths that are very active will all find routes of escape. such a pitty!!!!! cry cry cry

Why dont you advocate for justice and truth? Ask the commissioner why he sent 100 police men to the village on the instructions of the state governor without getting clearance for Abuja i dnt mean the IG but the PSC or executive? Two people are at way here (EGGON AND THE EVER TROUBLESOME FULANI) and the fulani decide to use administrative advantage (police) who have been ordered to kill as many eggon as possible but good fortune was on the side of the eggons and the reverse was the case, however it happened.
As a nation we need to call these group of people to order. The army dares not step foot in this matter. the FG need to invite the eggon and discuss this incident and I am we will learn that they acted in self defense if actually the killed this operative. for all we know it may be a setup to frame the eggons(boko haram killing two birds with one stone) Eggon people are not blood thirsty!!!

4 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by byns: 8:18am On May 10, 2013
rastarman: Ok. O. Any one who is not believing in spiritual will have to learn now. All i am advising is that Teach humans the spirit of the law. Not by making law harsh on them, cos human can show addaptation to situation. If u threatened a thief, i ll kill u with Gun.the thief go laugh and say u 4get say i get *odeshi.
Atheists are fools PSM 14:1
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by CHAIRMAN1(m): 8:23am On May 10, 2013
An insightful comment I picked from Vanguard.com earlier today:

I hail from Nasarawa State. Let me tell you the root cause of this. It's all about 2015. Current Senator Solomon Ewuga (an Eggon man) won as the governor of the state against former governor Abdullahi Adamu in 1999 but it was manipulated in favor of Adamu. Solomon Ewuga again contested in 2007 but former Governor Alhaji Aliyu Akwe Doma was hand-picked by outgoing Governor Abdullahi Adamu. Now, Aliyu Akwe messed up the state, so the incubent Governor Tanko Almakura defeated him in his second-term bid with a massive support from the Eggon people under the agreement that 2015 will be Eggons' turn. But Governor Almakura, nursing a desire for a second term, is not ready to honor the gentleman agreement. This has now given birth to the Eggon cult group called 'Ambatse', meaning; ' time has come'. That is, now it's time for them to produce the governor by all means. So, they are initiating their tribal youths into the cult for violence against anyone (especially in 2015) who stands against their cause. Let me mention that the Eggons are predominantly christians and the minority muslims in the state want to continue to manipulate power in favor of the muslims. But this time around it will be very hard for the incubent governor because Mr Labaran Maku (Information Minister), Senator Solomon Ewuga (currently a senator) and two other House of Reps members in the National Assembly are all Eggons from the state, and one of them is nursing an ambition for the governorship. Wasn't it curious that Mr Mohammed Momoh an Assistant Commissioner of Police who also lost his life led the operation? It's unfortunate that these politicians sacrifice security agents against their will (other than they have to work for survival) for their selfish aims.

3 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Nobody: 8:24am On May 10, 2013
We are gradually moving to a sate of anarchy. Let them kill each other in the north. They shouldn't com ova abeg.
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by calaway: 8:26am On May 10, 2013
CHAIRMAN1: An insightful comment I picked from Vanguard.com earlier today:

I hail from Nasarawa State. Let me tell you the root cause of this. It's all about 2015. Current Senator Solomon Ewuga (an Eggon man) won as the governor of the state against former governor Abdullahi Adamu in 1999 but it was manipulated in favor of Adamu. Solomon Ewuga again contested in 2007 but former Governor Alhaji Aliyu Akwe Doma was hand-picked by outgoing Governor Abdullahi Adamu. Now, Aliyu Akwe messed up the state, so the incubent Governor Tanko Almakura defeated him in his second-term bid with a massive support from the Eggon people under the agreement that 2015 will be Eggons' turn. But Governor Almakura, nursing a desire for a second term, is not ready to honor the gentleman agreement. This has now given birth to the Eggon cult group called 'Ambatse', meaning; ' time has come'. That is, now it's time for them to produce the governor by all means. So, they are initiating their tribal youths into the cult for violence against anyone (especially in 2015) who stands against their cause. Let me mention that the Eggons are predominantly christians and the minority muslims in the state want to continue to manipulate power in favor of the muslims. But this time around it will be very hard for the incubent governor because Mr Labaran Maku (Information Minister), Senator Solomon Ewuga (currently a senator) and two other House of Reps members in the National Assembly are all Eggons from the state, and one of them is nursing an ambition for the governorship. Wasn't it curious that Mr Mohammed Momoh an Assistant Commissioner of Police who also lost his life led the operation? It's unfortunate that these politicians sacrifice security agents against their will (other than they have to work for survival) for their selfish aims.

MORE NEWS BEING SPUN IN THE FACTORY OF LIES.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by idriis: 8:32am On May 10, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
ok this is ludicrous and unbelievable.

just look at the points below:

A bunch of gun-wielding policemen storm a Traditionalist shrine and try to desecrate it.

The charges against the Traditionalists are forced conversion in mosques AND churches . (can you bliv that?)

The POlicemen are armed with machine guns , bullet-proof trucks,etc.

Traditionalists are armed with machetes and knives .

Police kill 9 of them.

Traditionalist Pagans kill 95 Policemen ! (the size of a small Army)

There are only 2 possibilities:

Either the police were roaming around blindfolded in the shrine.

Or

The Gods of the Shrine struck 95 of them down with thunder.

*smh

anyways sha, people should stop harrasing the Eggon peoples. They are actually a very peaceful people.
our police wey no get normal brain, na monkey brain dem get. How you go carry 99 mopol to go arrest just one pesin, enter their mix throw canisters? Instead of to go do ur work jejely, no! Na to go intimidate people... gods don catch themtongue
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by BlackBaron: 8:32am On May 10, 2013
Is there really any sort of humanity left in Nigeria...
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by ocelot2006(m): 8:37am On May 10, 2013
idupaul: TearGas Killed 9 of them but 11 trucks of kalashnikov wielding policemen couldn't kill them

Those guys are fcking liars. How the hell did CS/teargas kill 9 guys?
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by mykemiley(f): 8:46am On May 10, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by juman(m): 8:56am On May 10, 2013
mykemiley: Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

That's exactly that what is in my mind when reading through the thread. There are many many problems underneath the killing.

One nigeria has failed the masses.
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Eazeee(m): 8:58am On May 10, 2013
Politics with innocent lives. I learnt of a blockage of d highway @ Akwanga by d wives of dis officers. When asked many claimed d govt deliberately send their husbands on a suiside mission 2 arrest a spiritualist
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by lohvang4: 8:58am On May 10, 2013
People should notice that Nasarawa state is the only state controlled by CPC (Buhari-led party). Is this how Mr. Buhari planned to run the whole country. Where is Mr. Fashakin of the CPC? The party that claimed they are the only one that can run Nigeria cannot hold a state. Shame. I weep for my country.

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by brown3: 9:01am On May 10, 2013
Djtm: Seriously, how can you kill people armed with guns with knives and matchets? I thought this stuffs only happen in movies!
i wonder. But some people still doubt that there nothing like charm when it comes to gun.
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by tpapi: 9:04am On May 10, 2013
juniemedia: Malaria hope: Bacteria that make mosquitoes resistant sad

Researchers have found a strain of bacteria that can infect mosquitoes and make them resistant to the malaria parasite.

The study, in the journal Science, showed the parasite struggled to survive in infected mosquitoes.

Malaria is spread between people by the insects so it is hoped that giving mosquitoes malaria immunity could reduce human cases.

Experts said this was a first, distant prospect for malaria control.

Malaria is a major global disease. The World Health Organization estimates that 220 million people are infected annually and 660,000 die.

source: www.cybernewsupdate.com
Challenge

The study at Michigan State University in the US looked at the Wolbachia bacterium, which commonly infects insects.

It passes only from females to their offspring. In some insects the bug is exceptionally good at manipulating insects to boost the number of females for its own ends.

Wolbachia kills male embryos in some butterflies and ladybirds. In other situations, it can produce males that can breed only with infected females, and even allows some female wasps to give birth without mating.

Malaria-carrying Anopheles mosquitoes are not naturally plagued by Wolbachia, yet laboratory studies have shown that temporary infection made the insects immune to the malaria parasite.

The challenge was to turn a temporary infection into one that would be passed on. The research team found a strain of Wolbachia that could persist in one species of mosquito, Anopheles stephensi, for the entire length of the study – 34 generations.
Malaria parasites found it difficult to cope in these mosquitoes, with parasite levels fourfold lower than in uninfected bugs.

Research in Australia has shown that a different strain of Wolbachia can prevent the spread of dengue fever by mosquitoes. That research is more advanced and has been shown to work in large trials in the wild.

Dr Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases in the US, said this study was a proof of concept that the same could be done for malaria.

“If you can get it to survive and proliferate in the environment of mosquitoes in malaria-stricken areas, this could conceivably have an important impact on the control of malaria.

“I think the potential for this is very important. The implementation will be the challenge.”
‘Struggle to spread’

Commenting on the study, Prof David Conway, of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, said: “It is interesting and is the first report of Wolbachia clearly replicating, but a number of things took away the punch.”

He said the infected females produced fewer eggs than uninfected females, which meant the infection would struggle to spread in the real world.

Also he cautioned that it was in just one species, Anopheles stephensi, which carries malaria in the Middle East and South Asia. Anopheles gambiae, in Africa, is a bigger problem.

One of the researchers, Dr Zhiyong Xi, told the BBC: “We have done only one strain. If we target Anopheles gambiae we would need to apply the same technique again.”

He added that if it could be shown to work then “the Wolbachia tool can complement currently available tools”, such as mosquito nets and medication.
too much alomo bitters
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Godmann(m): 9:06am On May 10, 2013
calaway:

Why dont you advocate for justice and truth? Ask the commissioner why he sent 100 police men to the village on the instructions of the state governor without getting clearance for Abuja i dnt mean the IG but the PSC or executive? Two people are at way here (EGGON AND THE EVER TROUBLESOME FULANI) and the fulani decide to use administrative advantage (police) who have been ordered to kill as many eggon as possible but good fortune was on the side of the eggons and the reverse was the case, however it happened.
As a nation we need to call these group of people to order. The army dares not step foot in this matter. the FG need to invite the eggon and discuss this incident and I am we will learn that they acted in self defense if actually the killed this operative. for all we know it may be a setup to frame the eggons(boko haram killing two birds with one stone) Eggon people are not blood thirsty!!!

Thanks for being smart. It can only be holy spirit that revealed this to you.
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by ohil: 9:13am On May 10, 2013
Well, cannot imagine what happened hear.
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by Lawalkay(m): 9:15am On May 10, 2013
Things fall apart and the centre cannot hold, anarchy is on our land. Where is d value and dignity. Where is respect for human life. What is d motive of this group, my cystal ball tell me they need amnesty. Please uncle jona grant them amnesty before another boko killing spree will start. Everybody want to collect oil money. Today is police from tommorow it might be muslim and christian. We must remember that boko haram started like this. God help 9ja.
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by ohil: 9:17am On May 10, 2013
I need help. A kind of explanation on what actually happened. How of the traditionalists where there? How many of the Police Officers went for the operation. Pls, somebody show do the analysis..............
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by tempest01(m): 9:21am On May 10, 2013
I just heard news today that after a transfer and crew change, some mobile policemen on security duty at exxonmobil qua iboe terminal here in akwa ibom on transit were killed in nassarawa. Seems this is a related incident. what are our journalists doing? They don't even give us news.

I'm thinking these men of the force were taken on a suicide mission unaware of who or what they were dealing with or maybe the youths mistook them for the policemen sent to flush them out. We will never know the true story.
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by just4sola: 9:23am On May 10, 2013
Weak GEJ.. please grant amnesty again as usual
Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by byteem: 9:27am On May 10, 2013
lets be realistic here .. its only because the police are on the loosing side here that's why we can hear all the seeming sides to the story .. if they succeeded in wiping out these people as they planned with their overzealous and unplanned attack .. they would have come out to call all of them bokoharamites and claim accolodes that they had gotten victory..

THE POLICE SHOULD NOT WORK WITH INSTINCT BUT WORK BASED ON PROPERLY VERIFIED INTELLIGENCE.. that has and always will be the problem of the Nigerian security agencies .. they simple lack intelligence .. information is king.. when you work with low level intelligence .. you put your men in danger and a massacre like this is what you get..

the I.G and all who approved that mission should resign and accept their failure..rather than cry foul for sending their men to die based on lame instinct ..

this brings back the argument for community policing .. this remains the only way to have proper intelligence gathering network... until we have and solve this intelligence drain in our security agencies the only thing to do is fold our hands and watch them killed like chickens..

4 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by byteem: 9:27am On May 10, 2013
lets be realistic here .. its only because the police are on the loosing side here that's why we can hear all the seeming sides to the story .. if they succeeded in wiping out these people as they planned with their overzealous and unplanned attack .. they would have come out to call all of them bokoharamites and claim accolodes that they had gotten victory..

THE POLICE SHOULD NOT WORK WITH INSTINCT BUT WORK BASED ON PROPERLY VERIFIED INTELLIGENCE.. that has and always will be the problem of the Nigerian security agencies .. they simple lack intelligence .. information is king.. when you work with low level intelligence .. you put your men in danger and a massacre like this is what you get..

the I.G and all who approved that mission should resign and accept their failure..rather than cry foul for sending their men to die based on lame instinct ..

this brings back the argument for community policing .. this remains the only way to have proper intelligence gathering network... until we have and solve this intelligence drain in our security agencies the only thing to do is fold our hands and watch them killed like chickens..

3 Likes

Re: Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them by namdo(m): 9:30am On May 10, 2013
tempest01: I just heard news today that after a transfer and crew change, some mobile policemen on security duty at exxonmobil qua iboe terminal here in akwa ibom on transit were killed in nassarawa. Seems this is a related incident. what are our journalists doing? They don't even give us news.

I'm thinking these men of the force were taken on a suicide mission unaware of who or what they were dealing with or maybe the youths mistook them for the policemen sent to flush them out. We will never know the true story.
huuuummmmmm! now what is going on? We are at war with ourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Martha Udom Emmanuel Gives A Widower Furnished 2-bedroom Bungalow. Pics / Suicide Bombers Attack Viewing Center In Borno, 30 Dead, Many Injured / Rabiu Kwankwaso Commissions NNPP Office In Akwa Ibom (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.