Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,542 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

What My Husband Told Me Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What My Husband Told Me Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua (537 Views)

As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Turai Yar’adua Orders Gold And Diamond Removed From Aso Rock / Turai Yar’adua Orders Gold And Diamond Removed From Aso Rock (coded: Dead!) (2) (3) (4)

(1)

What My Husband Told Me Before His Death – Turai Yar’adua by dulaman: 2:42pm On May 10, 2013
Hajiya Turai Umaru Musa Yar’adua has revealed how her husband, former President Umaru Musa Yar’adua once told her that his relatives would quarrel with her after his death as they would think he had left so much money.

The former first lady who spoke at a memorial lecture in honour of the late president in Katsina at the weekend, also said “the late Yar’adua was not a materialist leader who believed in accumulating wealth. In fact, he shunned material things as his slogan was service to humanity.

“There was a time he said to me that ‘Turai, I pity you because when I die you will have quarrels with my relatives because they will think I have so much money in my possession”, she said.

She said the situation in Nigeria would have been better had the late president survived his ailment because he was a “focused, committed and determined leader”.

(1)

Who Wants Nigeria Dead? / CPC Hold Last National Convention In Abuja (report) / Betwen Biu And Enugu, Where Lies Allegiance And Why The Double Standard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.