Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

2015 And The Call For Armageddon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 And The Call For Armageddon (1047 Views)

The Difference Between Presidency Budget In 2015 And 2016 / Washington Is Impotent To Prevent Armageddon / Sliding Towards Armageddon: Revisiting Ethno-religious Crises In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 And The Call For Armageddon by Blueboy0402: 1:05am On May 11, 2013
The week started on a bright note and as expected, politicians have started to plot, scheme, threaten and strategize towards 2015. Infact 2015 is now the subject of discussion in churches, mosques, homes, market, print and electronic media, social networks (including Nairaland), beer parlour and pepper soup joints. Virtually all classes of Nigerians illiterate and literate, naive and knowledgeable, uninformed and informed have taken part in this discourse in one form or the other.

The week in review had its own share of political "gangstarism" and "agberoism" from jobbers and sychophants with venomous mouth. The media was awash with threats and counter threats from supporters of GEJ and the opposition. Both parties promised armageddon would visit Nigeria in 2015 if their principal don't occupy Aso Villa.

However, I'm appalled by the self aggrandizement and call for violence by politicians all in a bid to occupy Aso Villa in 2015. It is worrisome that they would go to any length no matter whose ox is gored just to occupy Aso Villa.

The beauty of politics is for the electorate to have a holistic appraisal of politicians vying for various positions. This would enable them make informed decisions and vote for candidates of their choice but I found quite bemusing that politicians would rather resort to threaten the very existence of Nigeria.
As a school boy, I've seen politicians come out with people oriented manifestoes to woo voters but today that has been consigned to the trash can of history. Today bad and unsellable candidates are foisted on us with such nauseating alacrity. Little wonder the afro beat maestro Fela Kuti aptly used the satire "demonstration of craze" to describe our democracy.

I've watched with keen interest the subtle campaign, body language and threats by politicians towards the build up to 2015 and this paints a picture of doom for Nigeria. More worrisome is the deafening silence by men of goodwill as these political gladiators are at daggers drawn over who becomes president in 2015. Today it is Asari Dokubo tomorrow it will be Farouk Adamu threatening fire and brimstone if their region or tribe doesn't produce the next occupant of Aso Villa in 2015.

As politicians continue to pour vituperation ahead of 2015, let it be known that every player will place his score card for assessment. Never again are we going to fold our arms and watch opportunist take over Nigeria; Never again are we going to remain silent as thieves steal our common patrimony; Never again are we going to tolerate any politician or region with legendary penchant of "born to rule mentality" to lord over us; Never again are we going to celebrate mediocrity at the expense of merit; Never again are we going to be bamboozled by the threats of politicians; Never again are we going to be deceived by the lies of politicians.

For those having genuine political ambition for 2015, we will support you. For those who think it is business as usual, we will defeat you. No amount of threat, bombing or intimidation will silence us because Nigeria is bigger than any group or individual be it Asari, Kaita, Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu or Farouk Adamu. God bless Nigeria.
Re: 2015 And The Call For Armageddon by Dare2007: 5:54am On May 11, 2013
Kudos! Well said.
Re: 2015 And The Call For Armageddon by ochukoccna: 7:35am On May 11, 2013
Dare2007: Kudos! Well said.
I concur
However its not by saying but rather doing
Re: 2015 And The Call For Armageddon by Blueboy0402: 10:50am On May 11, 2013
ochukoccna:
I concur
However its not by saying but rather doing
With the power of social media in our hands we can actually start "doing" something. Obama used the social media to reach-out and win the hearts of blacks and Americans in general. GEJ used it to preach his now famous "I didn't have shoes" sermon and people (majority of the poor masses) came out en mass to vote for him.

The world is now a global village therefore we can use the power of social media positively to expose terrorist and their sponsors. We can use the social media to expose certificate forgers who sit in the hallowed chambers only to eat groundnut and kola-nut. We all knew what happened when we rose up in against Seun's "Rule 17". A journey of a thousand mile begins by taking a step.

(1) (Reply)

Celebration Of William And Kate's Baby Delivery In Pictures / We Shot Our Leader..........boko Haram / Bad State Of TINCAN-APAPA WHARF Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.