Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,342 members, 7,819,203 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo (3122 Views)

Mujahidat Daba Dokubo Reacts To Gen. Danjuma's Call To Arrest Asari Dokubo / Mujahidat, Asari Dokubo's Wife Just Posted This On Facebook... / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by nduchucks: 6:01am On May 11, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

I was about to create a post looking for you. Was wondering whether you were caught in the Baga crossfire.

Had to scrutinize the post above to confirm that the operator hasn't changed. With the bolded, all doubts have been eliminated.

Welcome back my "threatening" friend.

baba agba. kedu kodi, nwanne m? smiley
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by bappahman: 6:02am On May 11, 2013
bappahman: some of you have never been to the north...the high number is simply due to polygamy...average northern housa man has 3-4 wives nd plenty children...wen the issue came up and prof wole soyinka was shouting the same thin, Umaru shinkafi asked him do u know I hav 9 children nd how many children does an average southern Family have?...we housa marry a lot weather rich or poor cos of cultural nd religious freedoom...please put dat into consideration nd for those calling the North Desert...so all the agriculture nigeria was known for in the past was done in a Desert?..think before u speak
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by nduchucks: 6:05am On May 11, 2013
Obiagu1:

Good you are in a good mood this morning. She must have been wonderful last night smiley

Yeah they used it in primary schools but it seems you need one now for asking me the meaning of what I wrote.

Why do you people continue to find creative ways to whine instead of taking the bull by its horns and defeating your political enemies by playing by the rules? Your definition of "NAIRA" is pitiful. Nobody go give una free Presidential ticket, learn to build meaningful coalitions first. olodo
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by Obiagu1(m): 6:10am On May 11, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Why do you people continue to find creative ways to whine instead of taking the bull by its horns and defeating your political enemies by playing by the rules? Your definition of "NAIRA" is pitiful. Nobody go give una free Presidential ticket, learn to build meaningful coalitions first. olodo

Do you mean the way Ijaws have taken the bull by the horn, playing by the rule and dancing to the same tune as you guys with violence, threats and counter threats? I guess we still have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by nduchucks: 6:15am On May 11, 2013
Obiagu1:

Do you mean the way Ijaws have taken the bull by the horn and dancing to the same tune as you guys with violence, threats and counter threats? I guess we still have a long way to go.

That was a cheap shot at the Ijaws. You people need to learn to get along with your neighbors and earn their respect and votes instead of running around directing snide remarks at them.

Stop pretending to be a dummy, you know what I am talking about. Come out of the bush and learn how to participate in democracy.
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by MeAboki(m): 6:16am On May 11, 2013
Don't even have time to read through to the end to say that this man is off his rocker, though I am not surprised to observe how shallow he and his ilk are; greed and blind hatred has them bereft of any logical thinking.
If to him, human population is determined by desertification or forestation then by that logic the AMAZON should be the most densely populated place on earth. SMH cry

1 Like

Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by Abagworo(m): 6:16am On May 11, 2013
The North comprises light rain forest and guinea savanna in the Niger/Benue area to Sudan savanna to Sahel savanna. There was no desert in Nigeria in the past but desert encroachment has reached the uppermost north in recent years. The population of Nigeria is totally a fraud and Bayelsa as a State cannot be more than 300,000 people. Nigeria's real population is below or just around 100million people. The North is more populous than South because of massive migration of Southerners to North. The West is 2nd mainly because of migration of many Nigerians to the Lagos area. The 3 most populous cities remain Lagos, Kano and Ibadan but Port-Harcourt will displace Kano and Ibadan before 10years. If place of origin is used in census, the most populous State is definitely Anambra closely followed by Imo and Akwa-Ibom.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by Obiagu1(m): 6:17am On May 11, 2013
ndu_chucks:

That was a cheap shot at the Ijaws. You people need to learn to get along with your neighbors and earn their respect and votes instead of running around directing snide remarks at them.

Stop pretending to be a dummy, you know what I am talking about. Come out of the bush and learn how to participate in democracy.

Wow, cheap shots at the Ijaw
Naaa, I envy them because they learnt the rules faster than we have so far. We are still learning...
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by okosodo: 6:21am On May 11, 2013
What the hausa military dubiously arranged, we are following like zombies. We have to do away with this nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 8:37am On May 11, 2013
sakaguchi: Well, in regards to the title of this piece, I would defer as I think being in a desert country doesn't necessarily mean sparse population, Kano is reputed for its colossal human head right from pre-colonial times, it is a commercial city and trade as helped in sustaining its population over the years. Even before the ingress of Europeans to Nigeria, Kano has being an important route for the trans-sahara trade route. Well, enough with the history here, just go to Kano today and you will still know that its population is gross. That being said, I cannot categorically tell you that the current figures in Kano are correct, that does not only apply to Kano at the first place, the figures in Nigeria are not incontrovertible. Kaduna also have lots of industries that supports its burgeoning population, and to the question of desert country or not, Cairo is one of the most populous African/Arabian city and it is @ the cross-bridge between the Sahara and Arabian desert.
The River Nile sustains the population of Cairo.
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by tosin2013: 8:46am On May 11, 2013
if u put ethno-religious sentiments aside(i know this is not easy) and allow logic to prevail,
are we saying that cities like ilorin, lokoja, makurdi(which is 2hrs from enugu), jos, abuja taraba which are all classified northern cities are deserts?
2. every historian knows dat kano is ancient massive trading city rivalling timbuktu in mali,gao in ghana n cairo. kano definitely ranks as one of d biggest cities in naija whether we like it or not d hugeamount southerners doing biz there attests to this!
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 8:49am On May 11, 2013
Nigeria demographic pattern have always confound the best of minds....it's really an exception rather than the norm.
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 8:51am On May 11, 2013
Ok
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by ijawcitizen(m): 8:59am On May 11, 2013
According to the census figures, Jigawa state is more populous than Delta state. grin grin grin Wonders shall never end!
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by tosin2013: 9:02am On May 11, 2013
3. we all know dat d average northerner irrespective of his religion takes three of four wives giving birth to 10+ childrenwhile we in d south are averaging 2-4 children per marriage n our abortion rates are very high. we also know dat southerners are migrating massively from naija to canada, us,europe, n australia while d hausa man stays home farms n rears cattle while more nigeriens r coming in and counted as hausa/fulaniundecided3.
population is births-death+immigratn-emigration
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by Super1759: 9:06am On May 11, 2013
#teamasari#
Niger delta cannot be in the dark anymore!!!
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by bloggernaija: 9:08am On May 11, 2013
Fact : the census figures ,like every other thing ,is rigged.
Fact :how OBJ handed power to an unsophisticated clannish dolt who surrounds himself with equally doltish people is one of the greatest mysteries of the nigeria .
The fear that he may have lit the fuse for the violent balkanisation of the country is .......................I rest my case
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by tosin2013: 9:10am On May 11, 2013
ijaw citizen: According to the census figures, Jigawa state is more populous than Delta state. grin grin grin Wonders shall never end!

i ve been to both states and can objectively tell u dat d census figure was pure rubbish!! however in 30-40years d population dynamics may change
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by sweetgala(m): 9:42am On May 11, 2013
Very interesting, Thou I believe kano has a false and inflated population, it would still be considered to be a large city. Someone did a calculation that throws light on the population per square km. Kano should be around 3-6 million and nothing more.
The most important factor is not population density nor north/south but rather how the country can maximise efficiency and get everyone contributing rather than taking.

Kano has a rich history as a trading post in textile etc. Why not rejuvinat some of the old trades
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by Ngwakwe: 10:44am On May 11, 2013
It doesn't matter how many women a man marries rather the number of available women ready to bear children.

Do you think there are more women ready to procreate in the North than in the South irrespective of how many men servicing them?

Think again

bappahman: some of you have never been to the north...the high number is simply due to polygamy...average northern housa man has 3-4 wives nd plenty children...wen the issue came up and prof wole soyinka was shouting the same thin, Umaru shinkafi asked him do u know I hav 9 children nd how many children does an average southern Family have?...we housa marry a lot weather rich or poor cos of cultural nd religious freedoom...please put dat into consideration nd for those calling the North Desert...so all the agriculture nigeria was known for in the past was done in a Desert?..think before u speak
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by AustineE1: 11:26am On May 11, 2013
...i keep wondering what this fraud called Nigeria is all about!During employments and admission into higher institutions,you are asked your state of origin and then catchment area becomes a factor.Then in this same country during census,you are nt allowed to state your state of origin and religion,so that you are assumed to be from the state were you reside.This to me,is the biggest fraud of all time....thesame census figures will then be used to make projections by federal govt during allocation of certain social amenities and other facilities to the state,which i was fraudulently counted in and which i may nt have the same right as the indigenes!...i guess the igbos shld be the largest in Nigeria,going by their mobility level!

3 Likes

Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by OmoTier1(m): 11:47am On May 11, 2013
undecided Absolute trash
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by Afam4eva(m): 11:54am On May 11, 2013
I've always thought the population distribution in Nigeria is a fraud especially those of the North. I don't know how any sane being can agree that Kano has more population than Lagos. Check the population figures of Nigeria pre-civil war and compare it to what we have now and you'll see an astronomical disparity.
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 11, 2013
dayokanu:

For your education, According to the UN, Cairo, Khartoum and Mogadishu have over 5 million population

It's either you are dumb or simply don't understand english, Khartoum is the capital so regardless the climate it has more chance and everything to attract a big population, same with mogadishu.

What the dude you quoted is the truth, your north can't b that populated and ours is not, esp with porous borders...
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by achi4u(m): 12:51pm On May 11, 2013
Asari I wish you well o!
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by Dede1(m): 1:17pm On May 11, 2013
British colonial masters left us with a fraud called Nigeria and the biggest of the frauds is northern region. All the right-thinking people in the contraption called Nigeria should endeavor to destroy the compound fraud called Nigeria. Nobody in Republic of Igbo land should give a hoot about hunger epidemic will ravish Islamic Republic of Sokoto Caliphate due to over population. Asari Dokubo would have no audience listening his yarning about over-populated Republic of Ijo nation.
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by MeAboki(m): 2:10pm On May 11, 2013
^^^I feel provoked but will not respond in the same kind but would offer this advice: why not start by mobilising all your ppl relocate to igboland and when you succeed in that then we'll know you ppl are serious and may have cause to go on your own - its just a small test to show your resolve, prove it.
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by Dede1(m): 2:21pm On May 11, 2013
^^^^ Only a compound dunce will be provoked because a person has opinion that expresses the need for sovereign status of his people. I never asked for the obliteration of people who would eventually call Islamic Republic of Sokoto Caliphate a home.

I guess you need to recheck the historical facts about Nigeria from 1966 to date.
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 11, 2013
Obiagu1:

Do you mean the way Ijaws have taken the bull by the horn, playing by the rule and dancing to the same tune as you guys with violence, threats and counter threats? I guess we still have a long way to go.

That sentence was one in a million! That country is messed up! That igbo was relevant in early nigeria was because we played hard! Same with the majority groups, that niger delta got what they want today is because they played hard! That abokis will get what they want tomorrow is because they playing hard now though their is stupidity!!! (Killing because of god) . Anyway thats nigeria for you and thats how failure will keep coming and coming.......
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by MeAboki(m): 4:11pm On May 11, 2013
Dede1: ^^^^ Only a compound dunce will be provoked because a person has opinion that expresses the need for sovereign status of his people. I never asked for the obliteration of people who would eventually call Islamic Republic of Sokoto Caliphate a home.

I guess you need to recheck the historical facts about Nigeria from 1966 to date.

I never made such claims against you but evidently your guilt is obviously pushing you to confess your innermost thoughts for all to see.
Yeah, I'll always feel provoked by such uncharitable reference to my region as a fraud and now my person as a dunce, particularly in view as I never also questioned your right of self expression as you wrongly adduced but only the insolence.
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 11, 2013
Obiagu1:

In that sense, Canada should be 300 million people.

And Alaska should be the most populated state in the USA
Re: Northern Population Is A Fraud - Asari Dokubo by TheKingz1: 5:14pm On May 11, 2013
Well, for a region devoid of natural resources in comparison with their southern counterpart,and a region overwhelmed with the most influencial and volatile set of people since the civil war it shouldn't come as a surprise if demographic figures are overbloated in their favor in order to attract more monthly allocations.
Now, the issue of amnesty is a bad idea, when this bloody appeasement tool was initiated it wasn't such a bad idea to compensate murderers for being murderers, I might as well just initiate my own group too and focus my attacks on the political class.

As for the issue with that boaster Amaechi, you wonder how such a guy was able to win best governor of the year some time ago despite how terribly "unbeautiful" portharcourt has become under him. Asari, conspiracy is here to stay and a person such as yourself are of a questionable persona as well. GBAM!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Interesting Nigerian Conspiracy Theories Involving The CIA / Labaran Maku Humiliates GHANA,SOUTH AFRICA In His World Press Speech(live) / Gen. Buhari On The Lips Of Some Prominent Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.