Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways (16060 Views)

Army Re-opens Borno Highways Three Years After Closure / Withdrawal Of Officers From Vips: Police Deploy Men To Airports, Highways To... / Police To Begin Stop And Search On Roads And Highways Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by IleIfe2(m): 9:59am On May 11, 2013
Libkid: We want to be lyk d western country yet them stil use dis as a means of transport#smh 4 fashola

Ope! This is either Indonesia or The Philippines.

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1102736_China_jpgf1ffee375730857e7e92c1ed13cdb442[/img]
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by Libkid(m): 10:00am On May 11, 2013
[quote author=sheyie2007][/quote]ehya is dat ur kid broda.u are guys dey suffer real pp(perpetual poverty)
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by Libkid(m): 10:01am On May 11, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Ope! This is Either Indonesia or The Philippines.

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1102736_China_jpgf1ffee375730857e7e92c1ed13cdb442[/img]
yet it is bin used as a means of transport.fashola should'nt bite d finger dat feed him
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by Capnd143(m): 10:02am On May 11, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Lagos is one of the largest megacity in the world and it shouldn't lag behind the others of its status.the fact that some things are being allowed doesn't make them right and if at any point in time government decides to change her course of policy,then no problem with that.

How safe are does tricycle at the median of the highways where trucks without brakes pass everyday ? It's the duty of a responsible government to implement laws including safety and environmental policies for the greater percentage of the population.Government will never get things done if it uses sentiment as its watch-word !
i love u bro! Let others keep spewing! Do ya all think countries like china did not sacrifice the poor b4 their miraculous rise? Now dont the poor benefit from it? There must be sacrifice if this country must have infrastural development boom, people houses would be demolished for highways, shops bulldozed for drainage system, markets destroyed for flyovers, its all about sacrifice guys this is what happened in shanghai,beijing,paris,doha,dubai,hong kong, etc and so far in Nigeria it is only fashola and godswill akpabio that are willing to take this steps.
FASHOLA FOR President #2015

2 Likes

Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by Libkid(m): 10:06am On May 11, 2013
Capnd143: i love u bro! Let others keep spewing! Do ya all think countries like china did not sacrifice the poor b4 their miraculous rise? Now dont the poor benefit from it? There must be sacrifice if this country must have infrastural development boom, people houses would be demolished for highways, shops bulldozed for drainage system, markets destroyed for flyovers, its all about sacrifice guys this is what happened in shanghai,beijing,paris,doha,dubai,hong kong, etc and so far in Nigeria it is only fashola and godswill akpabio that are willing to take this steps.
in essence wat are u saying.dat keke napep is d reason dat nigeria is under developed.pls make i hear sumtin.china stil dey use tricycle ok.so fashi

1 Like

Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by IleIfe2(m): 10:07am On May 11, 2013
Libkid: yet it is bin used as a means of transport.fashola should'nt bite d finger dat feed him

as you can see from the picture. it looks like an Abule/Aba AKA Village, not a city. But wait, this is what you want Lagos to be like. Iro le pa! God pass una! grin grin grin
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by Orikinla(m): 10:07am On May 11, 2013
Operators of tricycles and motorcycles can set up a cooperative to contribute N50, 000 each and purchase new Nissan Sunny cars and use them as taxi cabs or car hire service.
There are places with shortages of taxi cabs in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by Nobody: 10:08am On May 11, 2013
Capnd143: i love u bro! Let others keep spewing! Do ya all think countries like china did not sacrifice the poor b4 their miraculous rise? Now dont the poor benefit from it? There must be sacrifice if this country must have infrastural development boom, people houses would be demolished for highways, shops bulldozed for drainage system, markets destroyed for flyovers, its all about sacrifice guys this is what happened in shanghai,beijing,paris,doha,dubai,hong kong, etc and so far in Nigeria it is only fashola and godswill akpabio that are willing to take this steps.
@bolded - Niggga, say "no homo" angry
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by j4jj: 10:09am On May 11, 2013
The LASG should go ahead with the implementation of banning tricycles from roads if and only if his not bringing in its own new vehicles (tricycles). At d end of d day d revenue generated goes back to govt purse where they eventually misuse it.

Lagos State in itself now is a "company" that makes profit from its people. Hence should pay tax!!! Lagos State shey u dey pay ur tax becos me I dey pay my tax o!
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by Libkid(m): 10:11am On May 11, 2013
Ile-Ife:

as you can see from the picture. it looks like an Abule/Aba AKA Village, not a city. But wait, this is what you want Lagos to be like. Iro le pa! God pass una! grin grin grin
lie o
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by Butoneday2(m): 10:13am On May 11, 2013
Ekoo oni ba je o... cry.. angry.. grin grin.. cry.. undecided
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by Nobody: 10:16am On May 11, 2013
This is unbelievable. . .well, almost. When you give insensitive and wicked people an inch, they take a mile. When you offer a mouse a cookie, it asks for a glass of milk in addition. When some of us were vehemently protesting the ban of Okadas, we knew that the intent behind it was malicious, and that the malice behind that decision stemmed from contempt for the masses. . .contempt that would find more and more means of expression. Now, here we are: the Keke Napep that was touted as a viable alternative to Okada (even by the conceited bumpkins that were defending Fashola's obnoxious policy) has now been banned. What next?

How daft can the Opeifa dude be to be talking about BRTs and buses. Would BRTs and buses ply inner city streets (e.g. around GRA Ikeja or Ikoyi)? Would BRTs ply the all-important narrow connecting routes that link major access ways? If the only pragmatic alternative is taxi, how affordable are taxis for the ordinary people toiling for their daily living, the overwhelming population of whom are dirt-poor?

Well, I can't cry more than the bereaved. "Internet activism" can only achieve so much. The masses would have to rise up and take matters into their own hands, preferably with bloodthirsty zeal. War has been declared, and all is fair in war. There is no time for niceties. If they know what is good for them, they would launch a massive revolt that would consume these bloody elitists and their smug families and cronies. 2015 is simply too long. The time is now.

7 Likes

Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by IleIfe2(m): 10:16am On May 11, 2013
j4jj: The LASG should go ahead with the implementation of banning tricycles from roads if and only if his not bringing in its own new vehicles (tricycles). At d end of d day d revenue generated goes back to govt purse where they eventually misuse it.

Lagos State in itself now is a "company" that makes profit from its people. Hence should pay tax!!! Lagos State shey u dey pay ur tax becos me I dey pay my tax o!

Every successful Country/State/LGA is operated or should be managed like a company. Barack Obama is a registered company, wait let me check my archive. cheesy cheesy
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by muymay: 10:17am On May 11, 2013
I took taxi from Adeola odeku to aboyade cole yesterday. I paid 700 naira. That one no de sustainable o. Marwa would cost 50naira. Fashola, don't kill us o!!!

1 Like

Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by PHIPEX(m): 10:20am On May 11, 2013
Fashola is gradually loosing it, so according to him Taxi and BRT are close substitutes for KEKE in a city where about 50% have never used taxi in their life? With the rate of holdup along Awolowo way in Ikeja for instance, can you imagine what the trafic will be like if extra 200 units of Taxi are introduced on that road to replace Keke? So everyone who wants to move from Obalende to CMS will now use a Taxi?...absolute power corrupts absolutely!

1 Like

Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by IleIfe2(m): 10:29am On May 11, 2013
pro01: This is unbelievable. . .well, almost. When you give insensitive and wicked people an inch, they take a mile. When you offer a mouse a cookie, it asks for a glass of milk in addition. When some of us were vehemently protesting the ban of Okadas, we knew that the intent behind it was malicious, and that the malice behind that decision stemmed from contempt for the masses. . .contempt that would find more and more means of expression. Now, here we are: the Keke Napep that was touted as a viable alternative to Okada (even by the conceited bumpkins that were defending Fashola's obnoxious policy) has now been banned. What next?

How daft can the Opeifa dude be to be talking about BRTs and buses. Would BRTs and buses ply inner city streets (e.g. around GRA Ikeja or Ikoyi)? Would BRTs ply the all-important narrow connecting routes that link major access ways? If the only pragmatic alternative is taxi, how affordable are taxis for the ordinary people toiling for their daily living, the overwhelming population of whom are dirt-poor?

Well, I can't cry more than the bereaved. "Internet activism" can only achieve so much. The masses would have to rise up and take matters into their own hands, preferably with bloodthirsty zeal. War has been declared, and all is fair in war. There is no time for niceties. If they know what is good for them, they would launch a massive revolt that would consume these bloody elitists and their smug families and cronies. 2015 is simply too long. The time is now.

Come off it please, you live in GRA and you can't afford to pay your taxi fare? Okada/Napep have not been banned in places where the masses live and work. Okada/Napep are not viable means of transportation if we truly want to develop. So, we should not move forward because someone depends on Okada for a living. it is the government and the people in it that worries you not the policy. being emotional and ish, its irritating.

1 Like

Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by Guk: 10:30am On May 11, 2013
Pure & Simple, KEke Marwa & or Keke Napep are not safe on dual carraigeways.

2ndly, pple need to be educated on this MegaCity status. Megacity is not a status you aspire to become. You become Megacity automatically when you hit a population in excess of 10 million people & it is characterised by Slums; Homelessness; Traffic congestion; Urban sprawl; Environmental problems etc, so its not a status any govt sets out to achieve. A lot of people wrongly use the phrase here on NL

1 Like

Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by Nobody: 10:33am On May 11, 2013
Wahala dey
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by Nobody: 10:33am On May 11, 2013
i saw d way they were arresting them at con oil opposite generel hospital ikeja with so many lagosians stranded at the bus stop. no room for d poor in Lagos. thats d simple truth.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by theripper3: 10:47am On May 11, 2013
Eko-Ile never debrief us. Abi he dey meeting with Fashola on the matter?

I don go my village already. I will not come and go and kill myself.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by mkoabiola: 10:47am On May 11, 2013
D men in black mus b smiling to d bank and mama put.
Fashola don bring food com our table.
I will arrest tire.#money#
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by poisonivy19(f): 10:56am On May 11, 2013
30DB4FA6: Duuuuuuuuh were did u get these newz from.....me stay in laqos and av not heard such newz ooo its only in nairaland dat dey bann maruwa not in laqos plz get ur facts ryt undecided
nt sure of oda places,bt for alausa,it z very true.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by j4jj: 11:08am On May 11, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Every successful Country/State/LGA is operated or should be managed like a company. Barack Obama is a registered company, wait let me check my archive. cheesy cheesy

Lol
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by uncleshegs: 11:12am On May 11, 2013
Ile-Ife:

Ogbeni, lo fi ori lugi! Para e! As the commissioner said, an alternative has been provided, BRT.

Why you talking out of your arse? Have you seen thos BRT queues over the last year? You can wait up to an hour most times to get a bus. This is wrong! Plain and simple. No alternatives have been provided for the regular man without a car!
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by Biodup: 11:14am On May 11, 2013
fashola is working Lagos is declining, tinubu is thiefig fashola is looking, pdp is coming acn is going. pls 2015 election come on time

1 Like

Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by ednut1(m): 11:15am On May 11, 2013
is it legal to go nd pack all d abandoned and accidented grin vehicles on d road nd sell it as scrap
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by Biodup: 11:17am On May 11, 2013
fashola is working Lagos is declining, tinubu is thiefing fashola is looking, pdp is coming acn is going. pls 2015 election come on time
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by batstan(m): 11:29am On May 11, 2013
Acidosis:

abi oo...

He thinks a C.E.O of a company with 10 cars would leave his seat for one s!ll y thumb print ...
Acidosis:

abi oo...

He thinks a C.E.O of a company with 10 cars would leave his seat for one s!ll y thumb print ...
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by adetsim(m): 11:31am On May 11, 2013
Duke_Nija: The number one priority of a GOOD Government is to make the lives of the people easier, better and more productive. This is where I fault Gov Fashola. He has good intentions alright, but he's gone too too far in his mechanisms. You can't turn a city to a five star hotel when the common man cannot have access to the basic things of live conveniently and at will.
Nigeria is a third world country. 70% of her people are poor. 13 million children are out of school. 50% live on less than a dollar per person a day. 80% provide their own water and 55% their own electricity. And the concern of a leader is to ban Okada, a major means of transportation for Lagosians, and now Tricycle the only substitute for Okada. It is wrong for us to compare ourselves with western countries with massive infrastructural, human and technological development when we don't even have a naija made phone.

Fashola has shifted his focus to the island. With massive infrastructural investments in a region that is by far more developed than its mainland counterpart. Lekki-Vi peninsula is the new London.
He has forgotten that it was the boys at Mushin that fought for him. The market women at IsoloEjigbo that carried his posters with enthusiasm. The Okada riders he has put of of job that rode with his motorcade during campaigns. He has forgotten the masses.

I can never support a government that enslaves the masses to serve the rich.

That is why I will never support a one man Party. I will never support APC!

I reason along with you. Fashola is trying but over stepping his bounds. He has forgotten how he came to power, perhaps he needs to be reminded of how he used to feed on dried okro with no meat before he came to power. He has been down by second term syndrome.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:55am On May 11, 2013
biafran soul: kai! poor man don really suffer for fashola hand. so if you dont have a car, you cant really move around especially in Ikeja. what an elitist govt!
u really dnt get it: there are 36 states in nigeria, u can live in the rest!

Miami and las vegas aint for everyone! Live else where!
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:58am On May 11, 2013
adetsim:

I reason along with you. Fashola is trying but over stepping his bounds. He has forgotten how he came to power, perhaps he needs to be reminded on how he used to feed on dried okro with no meat before he came to power. He has been down by second term syndrome.
u dnt get it either: it is not only the poor who voted him in. Some of the citizenz who voted him has been complaining abt the criminal tendencies of these okada riders, they needed to be protected too.
Re: Keke-Napep Banned From Lagos Major Highways by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 11, 2013
muymay: An opinion poll should have been taken before such draconian act was effected.
A public consultation in Nigeria? Bro, this is Lagos not London. Have you forgotten how residents of lekki ajah axis were dealt with by policemen and thugs when residents protested against road tolling?

born2fuckpussy: Danfo go add double price fare again
before nko.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Atiku Meets PDP Delegates In Katsina / Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter / Gambari To Meet South-South Governors & Leaders In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.