Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Gov Aregbesola: Why New Slogan For Osun State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Aregbesola: Why New Slogan For Osun State? (7063 Views)

What Will Be Apc`s Slogan For 2019 Election? / PDP New Slogan Rocking The Town Now / Slogan For 2015 Presidential Election Campaign Grand Papa Buhari @87 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Aregbesola: Why New Slogan For Osun State? by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 11, 2013
I would like to commend Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola for the work he is doing in Osun State, like the O-YES, O-REAP, O- CLEAN, among others. I Pray God continues to bless him. But one of his recent policies that I am not comfortable with is the sudden change of the slogan of Osun State from “State of the Living Spring” to “Land of Virtue.” “State of the Living Spring” is the slogan adopted by the people of Osun State since her creation in 1991, and we are comfortable and used to it, because it co- nnotes the fact that God Himself is the “Living Spring.” I do not know what is wrong with the slogan and how it affects the administration of Ogbeni, thus compelling him to change it. Many governors have administered Osun State since 1991 without tampering with the slogan. What Ogbeni Aregbesola has done could make incoming governors to start playing politics with the slogan of Osun State. Ogbeni Rauf is not the first governor of Osun State and will not be the last. Osun State is bigger than any individual, therefore, the slogan must be reverted to the status quo. Since Nigeria gained her independence, our coat of arms and
motto have never changed. they have remained “Unity And Faith, Peace And Progress,” despite many military and civilian presidents that had emerged and governed the country. Therefore, on behalf of good people of Osun State, I appeal to Mr Aregbesola, to let the slogan of Osun remain the ‘State of the Living Spring.’ I am happy that the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has suspended the issuance of new number plate and driver’s licence, in compliance with the National Assembly’s directive. Therefore, all number plates that will be issued in the name of Osun State should carry the original slogan of Osun State, which is, “State of the Living Spring”.
Re: Gov Aregbesola: Why New Slogan For Osun State? by koruji(m): 5:14pm On May 11, 2013
The "slogan" itself has no constitutional connotation.
Gov. Aregbesola has preferences for statements that emphasize Yoruba history.
This is why he prefered the "State of the Virtuous" which in Yoruba will be "Ipinle Omoluabi".
Now, the "State of the Living Spring" is a version of the translation of the name of the state - "Osun" in Yoruba to "Spring" in English and "Living" was simply added as a qualifier.
Hence, anyone can still use "State of the Spring" or "State of the Living Spring" if that is their preference.

Just as with Gov. Aregbesola's preference for "State of Osun" over "Osun State" these are statements that serve only a qualitative purpose. If the Gov. is performing his duties well then give him latitude if he enjoys some of this small preferences - they probably represent for him the motivation for greater heights in public service. He calls himself "Oranmiyan" because he sees in this ancient hero of the Yorubas his aspirations, not just for himself, but for the greatness of the Yoruba nation.
Re: Gov Aregbesola: Why New Slogan For Osun State? by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 11, 2013
Who cares
It's not as though people are traveling to Oshun for anything lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
He can name it state of the eating of jollof,or state of agidi jollof
that is his problem grin grin
All his people want are the basic life amenities at an affordable rate and until he provides that,he remains a failure like the rest of them

Na slogan people go chop?

I remember healthcare for all by the year 2000
Constant electricity and jobs for all by the year 2000
This is 2013
Re: Gov Aregbesola: Why New Slogan For Osun State? by seunny4lif(m): 5:55pm On May 11, 2013
babyosisi: Who cares
It's not as though people are traveling to Oshun for anything lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
He can name it state of the eating of jollof,or state of agidi jollof
that is his problem grin grin
All his people want are the basic life amenities at an affordable rate and until he provides that,he remains a failure like the rest of them

Na slogan people go chop?

I remember healthcare for all by the year 2000
Constant electricity and jobs for all by the year 2000
This is 2013
shocked shocked shocked shockedgrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;DBad mouth chai

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Nairalanders, How's The Heavy Rain At Your End This Morning? / Northkorea Send Warning To Nigeria Over Mockery Of Their Leader -nigerians React / Nigerian Senate To Reconvene Next Week – Yakubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.