Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,185 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? (4545 Views)

Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? / 10 Reasons Why Lagosians Go To Church On Sundays / When Do You Listen To Christian Songs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by flames77(m): 7:36pm On May 14, 2013
i listen to it everyday cuz i get healing and strenght from Christian songs

1 Like

Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 14, 2013
Olodostein:

And you shall never go broke. In Jesus name. Amen smiley
Amen o!! smiley smiley
Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Inik(m): 8:23pm On May 14, 2013
*Kails*:
church goers only listen to christian music on sundays grin

(btw i don't know why theu call it gospel..as gospel means truth and any genre comes with truth).

anyway, im not christian but i listen to some x-tian songs any day of the week.
esp. Trinity - God's Grace, Mary J Blige - My Life

...even Infinity's Olori Oko. tongue grin
Don't stop listening, one day you will be convicted by the holy spirit and you will become a christian wink

searay: As a gospel music minister, it has been my life. I can't do without it.
Yes bro, i know this

Rexxie: I got an SDcard full of foreign gospel rocks some Panam Percy Paul,...that i listin to everyday but sadly now my phone can nolonger detect and read the card and when i inserted it into a friend's phone, it read FORMAT MEMORY! God gave me that card and i don't know what to do...can someone please tell me what to do about it? if that card does'nt work i will be dammed..
Have you tried inserting in a computer system to see if you can access the files?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Lilpapi(m): 10:09pm On May 14, 2013
Absolutely
Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Nobody: 12:39am On May 15, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: I do, after a hot round of S-e-x on Sunday mornings...

buklan4real@yah:

Hmmm! may d Lord forgv you. lipsrsealed

Lol.
Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Nobody: 12:40am On May 15, 2013
Inik:
Don't stop listening, one day you will be convicted by the holy spirit and you will become a christian wink

grin grin
i'm good dear.
thanks anyway.

1 Like

Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by micheal111(m): 5:04am On May 15, 2013
not only on sundays.But,everyday
Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Nobody: 6:11am On May 15, 2013
Inik:

Yes bro, i know this

Have you tried inserting in a computer system to see if you can access the files?
I haven'nt done that yet but am definately gonna give that a try. Thanks and God bless

1 Like

Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by ninja4life(m): 6:50am On May 15, 2013
The truth is dat even when i was a christian i donot listen to secular music and gospel music cos to me both are rubbish except some few maybe dats because i find it difficult to get d lyrics of a song or i just dont have interest in music then i dont know but now i do listen to some nigerian songs which u people term secular or watever and it does not affect me both positively or negatively i only listen when i'm tired to calm myself.

1 Like

Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Tobiustobius: 7:02am On May 15, 2013
Funny, I don't listen to gospel music at all. I must have two heads... Or something. *insert eye roll here*

1 Like

Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Vizzyesho: 8:36am On May 15, 2013
Ofcurse i do.

1 Like

Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Hackomania(m): 9:18am On May 15, 2013
If all of una dey listen to gospel music, who come dey buy limpopo and oliver twist naa? How come them still dey market? undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by frediech(m): 12:57pm On May 15, 2013
Nothing inspires me the way gospel music does.

1 Like

Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Bond008(m): 8:04pm On May 15, 2013
Br3nd4: I enjoy listening to gospel music alot not akanchawa o. . . Lol. . Especially when im reading or when im alone and that's like everyday. . . smiley
hahaha...
Gospel music is my life. makes me more concious of heaven and brings me closer to God. Sercular musics only create more room for sin. And be careful not all gospel music are true gospel. A true Child of God who wants to make heaven knows what am talking about. are you one? Accept and come back to Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Inik(m): 9:00pm On May 15, 2013
Bond008:
hahaha...
Gospel music is my life. makes me more concious of heaven and brings me closer to God. Sercular musics only create more room for sin. And be careful not all gospel music are true gospel. A true Child of God who wants to make heaven knows what am talking about. are you one? Accept and come back to Jesus.
How can we identify the true gospel music?
Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 15, 2013
Inik: From a general observation i think most Christians listen to gospel music mostly on sundays and rarely listen to it on other days of the week. IMO it is only those who are choir members and active ministers of the gospel that choose to listen to gospel music throughout the week.

Do you enjoy listening to gospel music on weekdays or you are more comfortable rocking to other genres of music?

**In Buchy's voice**

...The gospel is not for Sunday morning...Sunday morning alone...

...each and everyday that the Lord has made, we are fit give thanks and praises to God...Almighty Father...Papa never tire....

2 Likes

Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Bond008(m): 10:40am On May 16, 2013
Inik:
How can we identify the true gospel music?
When the lyrics does not correllate with whats written in the Bible. Also the video, the kind of dance, dressing that does not glorify God. Worldly songs or beat converted to gospel songs are trash. God dont feed on that. Most importantly if you have the Holyspirit in you, it will be easy to know who inspired the artiste.
Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Nobody: 12:26pm On May 16, 2013
Bond008:
When the lyrics does not correllate with whats written in the Bible. Also the video, the kind of dance, dressing that does not glorify God. Worldly songs or beat converted to gospel songs are trash. God dont feed on that. Most importantly if you have the Holyspirit in you, it will be easy to know who inspired the artiste.
Shalom
I tot i was the only one on this. The kind of lyrics i hear these days from so-called gospel artists is alarming, the way they dress and dance. U hardly ecen differentiate btwn secular and gospel artists again. The old songs make sense pass for me o nd i don't joke with hymns too

1 Like

Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Bond008(m): 9:00pm On May 16, 2013
Omo Daddy354:
I tot i was the only one on this. The kind of lyrics i hear these days from so-called gospel artists is alarming, the way they dress and dance. U hardly ecen differentiate btwn secular and gospel artists again. The old songs make sense pass for me o nd i don't joke with hymns too
Ya right. Hymns are the best gospel songs.
Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by EatmyShorts: 9:04pm On May 16, 2013
I alternate between Gospel music and Rap. I just switched from Kirk Franklin to 2chainz.

I love that boy 2chainz, who is also known as T1tty Boy.

Jesus is Lord.

Pastor MarcAnthony.
Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by ARareGem(f): 11:59am On May 18, 2013
Simply, no.
Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Bond008(m): 2:54pm On May 18, 2013
ARareGem: Simply, no.
why if i may ask?
Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Nobody: 6:37am On May 19, 2013
Bond008:
Ya right. Hymns are the best gospel songs.
I tell u.... Hymns have a way of connecting ur spirit,body and soul to the heavens. Makes u conscious of the life you live and rejuvenate u

1 Like

Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Bond008(m): 3:54pm On May 19, 2013
Omo Daddy354:
I tell u.... Hymns have a way of connecting ur spirit,body and soul to the heavens. Makes u conscious of the life you live and rejuvenate u
yes sister. Happy sunday!
Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 19, 2013
Bond008:
yes sister. Happy sunday!
Thanx, didn't gi to Church though. Same 2u
Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Bond008(m): 8:52pm On May 19, 2013
Omo Daddy354:
Thanx, didn't gi to Church though. Same 2u
U welcome. But why didnt you go? hope all is well.
Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 19, 2013
Bond008:
U welcome. But why didnt you go? hope all is well.
Little bit down.
Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Bond008(m): 9:40am On May 20, 2013
Omo Daddy354:
Little bit down.
The Lord is your strength. am sure you're now better after taking doses of gospel songs. -cheesy
Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Hackomania(m): 10:39am On May 20, 2013
I believe only Psalms, Hymns and spiritual songs are the true gospel songs.. All others do not glorify God, even though I listen to them e.g. Gospel rap, gospel hip hop, gospel blues etc
Re: Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 20, 2013
Bond008:
The Lord is your strength. am sure you're now better after taking a doses of gospel songs. -cheesy
Very much better now. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Lesson Did You Learn From Christmas? / The Coup In Turkey And The Apotheosis Of Satan / The Voice Of The 7th Angel, The Ark Is Here Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.