Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Emem Isong Tells Why She Doesn't Feature Yoruba Actors In Her Movies - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Emem Isong Tells Why She Doesn't Feature Yoruba Actors In Her Movies (1795 Views)

Emem Isong Expecting First Child With Husband (Photo) / Chioma Akpotha Shades Uche Jombo, Emem Isong, Omoni Oboli / Ace Filmmaker, Emem Isong, Weds ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emem Isong Tells Why She Doesn't Feature Yoruba Actors In Her Movies by Kaymisola(f): 3:11pm On May 12, 2013
Why don’t you like inviting the Yoruba actors to your movies?

Why should I invite a Yoruba actor or actress to my movie when the person does not act in English movies. Do they invite an Akwa Ibom State actor to their movies? I mean those who do the core Ibibio films, but I use Omotola, I use Desmond and even Moyo Lawal. I will work with anybody who is good and is available to work with at the time I am shooting my movie. It depends on the movie I want to do. An actor is an actor, As long as you are suitable for me when I am shooting, I will work with you." Film producer/director Emem Isong said in a recent interview with a national newspaper....
http://www.kemifilani.com/2013/05/emem-isong-tells-why-she-doesnt-feature.html
Re: Emem Isong Tells Why She Doesn't Feature Yoruba Actors In Her Movies by Afam4eva(m): 3:23pm On May 12, 2013
The way the media represents people is amazing. She said she can't feature "Yoruba speaking actors" not Yoruba actors.

2 Likes

Re: Emem Isong Tells Why She Doesn't Feature Yoruba Actors In Her Movies by ohaleoghene(f): 7:37pm On May 12, 2013
Tribalism is found in
every nook and cranny of the country
Re: Emem Isong Tells Why She Doesn't Feature Yoruba Actors In Her Movies by brixton: 10:25pm On May 12, 2013
ohaleoghene: Tribalism is found in

Why nt read d post bfo commenting?

1 Like

Re: Emem Isong Tells Why She Doesn't Feature Yoruba Actors In Her Movies by Afam4eva(m): 10:26pm On May 12, 2013
brixton:

Why nt read d post bfo commenting?
lol grin
Re: Emem Isong Tells Why She Doesn't Feature Yoruba Actors In Her Movies by SlyIg(f): 2:15am On May 13, 2013
Afam4eva:
lol grin
oga Afam, whats that?
Re: Emem Isong Tells Why She Doesn't Feature Yoruba Actors In Her Movies by SlyIg(f): 2:15am On May 13, 2013
My sister got a good point there.
Re: Emem Isong Tells Why She Doesn't Feature Yoruba Actors In Her Movies by sexyglow(f): 8:31am On May 13, 2013
ohaleoghene: Tribalism is found in
Not true!you didn't understand her.
Re: Emem Isong Tells Why She Doesn't Feature Yoruba Actors In Her Movies by Abbey2sam(m): 9:06am On May 13, 2013
That explain why nollywood is not moving forward, or not really growing the way it suppose to............
How many calabar actors or actress are in nollywood?
Very few and countable,

The ibo's features any ibo in there films weda he or she is good or not without auditions, which explain the rubbish they produce as drama...........

But with the invasion of yoruba directors, like kunle afolayan have been able to come up a movie to write home about (figurine-Araromire)(phone swap) yet to be premier............

-Dr bello
_half of a yellow sun
This are new era of movie production in nollywood....

That also explain why the music industry is doing so well, 70% of the musicians are yoruba, you must add yoruba in your song to gain acceptance in nigeria market............

#fact

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji's Cute Birthday Pictures / I'm Always Afraid Whenever Am Having Sex ––actress Cynthia / Bba: Video- Angelo Screws Beverly Osu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.