Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? (1437 Views)

Do You Think Is Wrong For Bride To Lend Her Groom Money To Pay Her Bride Price? / How Often Do Your Wear Your Wedding Ring? / How Passionate Are You About Your Wedding Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by titilaelae(f): 9:43am On Apr 21, 2008
My friend’s sister-in-law, who happens to be a tailor, requested that my friend should borrow her her wedding dress in order for her to copy the design to sew a wedding dress for a customer. Nothing appears to be wrong with the request on the surface, she’s truly a tailor and it appears she has never sewn a wedding dress before, she got this opportunity and wants to try her hand on it, using the sister-in-law’s dress as a guide. Plain, simple and harmless.

Where my friend’s fear emerged from is the fact that she has not been blessed with a child after 3years of marriage. The tailor sister-in-law attends a white garment church (cele) and my friend feels she probably wants to use her wedding dress as a point-of-contact to do something diabolical to her marriage. Like cause wahala that may bring separation so that another lady might move in, blah-blah.

She and her husband are coping well and she seems to have a good enough relationship with her husband’s siblings. (No parents, but sisters, all of them!) She sought my opinion and I honestly didn’t know what to tell her. She had instantly said ‘yes’ to the request, but later had a rethink and that’s the reason for posting this thread. Please help me to help my friend. Bless you all.
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by rasputinn(m): 6:41pm On Apr 27, 2008
Oya,sistas over to you
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by tRoOE(f): 7:44pm On Apr 27, 2008
alcohol i don't see anything wrong in lending our her wedding gown, as long she isn't wearing it, but than again you can't trust people or what they are capable of

But why is she trying to copy the same style, can't she look for another design hmmmmm something smells fishy

Don't they have pics from the wedding, that will give them an idea of how the dress looks

I will advice her not to
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by jgirl3: 7:52pm On Apr 27, 2008
I will advice her not to either especially if the person goes to a white garment church. It's too risky.
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by titilaelae(f): 11:59am On Apr 28, 2008
tRoOE:

But why is she trying to copy the same style, can't she look for another design hmmmmm something smells fishy

Don't they have pics from the wedding, that will give them an idea of how the dress looks

I will advice her not to

Accordiing to her, she has never sewn any wedding dress before, this is going to be her first and she needs a sample to examine and copy, as dfferent from what is on catalogue.
I personally can't read any meaning to it, its just that one cannot be too sure with other human beings. That's why we need other people's opinion. Thanks all the same.
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by HRhotness(f): 12:05pm On Apr 28, 2008
Seems like a reasonable request,
besides I really dont understand how harm could be brought via the dress,,,
u only wear a wedding dress once and its kept for sentimental reasons
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by olujyde(m): 2:53pm On Apr 28, 2008
Never and never will I allow such a thing. It is exclusively for her alone.
As some1 as express be4. I was once a white garment church goer and I know they can make use of anything to gain entrance if they wish to do anything funny.
Please and please dont give it to her. Tell her to always come and see it or probably take the pics.

Dont give her O! It is very dangerous!!!
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2008
In this day and age, Christians, who believe in God, still believe in Juju and all such things?
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by Radiant(f): 10:35pm On Apr 28, 2008
Pathetic the way people reason. He that is in you is greater than he that is in the world. Which winch be that?
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by funkybaby(f): 5:27pm On Apr 29, 2008
The same Bible says 'WATCH and PRAY, lest ye fall'.

The same Bible also says that the HEART of man is DESPERATELY WICKED.

@poster
For a marriage that is going through child bearing issues , then giving her WEDDING DRESS to a sister-in-law (her husband's sister) who attends a WHITE GARMENT CHURCH (cele or k&s or aladura, etc) Tell her NOT to try it. Those people are capable of doing anything oh.

1 Like

Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by algood(f): 5:50pm On Apr 29, 2008
i think it is better not to give the weding cloth out.

she can come and take a look at it, there are other wedding gown out there if she wants to lay her hand on.

tailors have association, she can be helped out by her fellow friends who have been sowing.

there are catalogue, there her wedding gown display, she must have have friends that have gotten married too(i just assume)

since there is a challenge for this woman for fruit of the womb, maybe she should take HER WEDDING GOWN for special deliverance.

maybe thats where her problem is, and they want to seal it by needing the cloth.

Abeg no trust anybody oh, since its not your sister, even your blood ngo, trust urself and believe in your God for a miracle.

she can get her customer wedding gown without making use of yours.

Be wise, watchful and prayerful.
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by Lady2(f): 8:12pm On Apr 29, 2008
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

She can come up with her own style.
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by opokonwa(m): 11:33am On Apr 30, 2008
Let her follow her gut instinct 'cause there's no smoke without fireeven if the fire is burning from within her mind.
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by chisimdi(f): 11:36am On Apr 30, 2008
opokonwa:

Let her follow her gut instinct 'cause there's no smoke without fireeven if the fire is burning from within her mind.
if interesteted give me shout @odanniels@yahoo.com
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by opokonwa(m): 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2008
chisimdi:

if interesteted give me shout @odanniels@yahoo.com
If interested in what?
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by chisimdi(f): 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2008
opokonwa:

If interested in what?
BIA wentin bi ur own 4 dress matter, abi r u planning on SEX CHANGE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by banni: 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2008
Siena:

In this day and age, Christians, who believe in God, still believe in Juju and all such things?

I agree totally.Nigerians answer to problem is that juju do am or someone want to curse them.

Instead make they go look at all the rampant PID which full their body from previous numerous sex encounters and rubbsih D&C first.
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by algood(f): 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2008
banni:

I agree totally.Nigerians answer to problem is that juju do am or someone want to curse them.

Instead make they go look at all the rampant PID which full their body from previous numerous sex encounters and rubbsih D&C first.
[/quote

well if you dont believe , but thats true, black man doent want something good for his fellow human beings.
There are evil powers, and they can go extra lenght to exercise there powers in any form.

So its not necessary that a way of life of the erson past only, i quite agree with you on that, some people problem of child bearing is as a result of there past lives.

but evil power is real, and its still rampant in this present age and time, in Nigeria today.

Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by bigbumper(f): 9:03pm On Apr 30, 2008
@ poster

For security reasons, why don't you take pictures of the wedding gown fron different angles, afterall tailors copy styles from pictures in magazines such as Ovation, and those fashion posters that they buy. And then you can also save yourself the bother of dry-cleaning bills.
Re: Can You Lend Out Your Wedding Dress? by TOYOSI20(f): 11:32pm On Apr 30, 2008
No

(1) (Reply)

The Most Insensitive Couple On Earth ?..... Or Should The Dead Bury The Dead ? / Nairaland Mums In London/essex / Should A Married Actress Wear Such Provócative Dress? – PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.