Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe (27584 Views)

How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari / RARE Photos Of Young Nigeria [[More Pictures]] / Ojukwu Would Have Ruled Nigeria —Gowon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by idumuose(m): 8:52pm On May 12, 2013
Nigeria has more than 500 ethnic group.Among these tribes,
D Fulani tribe have had more taste of power in our political
Firmamemt than the other 3 major tribes.Below is d statistics:
1.Abubakar Tafawa Balewa(Bauchi)1960-1966.Fulani.
2.Major General Aguiyi Ironsi(Abia)Jan-jul29 1966(Ibo)
3.General Yakubu Gowon(Plateau)1966-1975( Berom or Angas)

4.General Murtala Muhammed(kano)1975-Feb.1976(Hausa)
5.General Olusegun Obasanjo(Ogun)1976-1979(Yoruba)
6.Alh.Shehu Shagari(Sokoto)1979-1983(Fulani)
7.General Muhammadu Buhari(Katsina)1983-1985(Fulani)
8.General Ibrahim Babangida(Niger)1985-1993.(Gwari)
9.Ernest Shonekan(Ogun)1993-Nov 1993(Yoruba)
10.General Sanni Abacha(Kano)1993-1998(Kanuri)
11.Gen Abdusalami Abubakar(Niger)1998-1999(Nupe).
12.Olusegun Obasanjo(Ogun) 1999-2007(Yoruba)
13.Musa Yaradua(Katsina)2007-2010(Fulani)
14.Dr Goodluck Jonathan(Bayelsa)2010-?(Ijaw).
From the statistics,Fulani have had d Presidency 4 times,
Yoruba,3 times;Ibo,just once and very short tenure.6months
Precisely(jan 15 -july 29 1966.Hausa,6months.From july 1975-
Feb 12 1976.From the afore-mentioned,don't you think the Ibo
Should hv another shot at the presidency as the Hausa and
Fulani have been lumped together as one(Hausa/Fulani).
Even in the north,Hausa is in the minority that is why they
Are hiding under Fulani.Hausa tribe is found in preponderance
In Kano and Zamfara while the fulani is found every where in the
North.

4 Likes

Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by 1Sonia: 9:49pm On May 12, 2013
There is sense i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ this ur post...

Sori I dnt hav ansas 2 ur question

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by tobtap: 11:01pm On May 12, 2013
tafa balewa is not fulani..he belong to a minority tribe in bauchi,gowon is beron,ibb is gwari and abdulsalam is hausa.. i think nigeria dont need to elect a president based on his tribe but based on merit and what such have to offer

6 Likes

Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by Abagworo(m): 11:20pm On May 12, 2013
tobtap: tafa balewa is not fulani..he belong to a minority tribe in bauchi,gowon is beron,ibb is gwari and abdulsalam is hausa.. i think nigeria dont need to elect a president based on his tribe but based on merit and what such have to offer

Tafawa Balewa is Sefawa, Gowon is Angas, IBB is Gwari while Abdulsalami is Nupe. The Middlebelt has ruled Nigeria most in number of years and time. IBB and Gowon had a total of 17.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by idumuose(m): 9:59am On May 13, 2013
Thanks for d info bro.I never knew IBB is Gwari and Gowon
Berom and Andusalami Hausa while Tafawa Balewa isn't Fulani
Thanks.
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by kunlekunle: 10:55am On May 13, 2013
idumuose: Thanks for d info bro.I never knew IBB is Gwari and Gowon
Thanks.

half educaton is a disease.
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by MeAboki(m): 11:41am On May 13, 2013
^^^^^Ha ha ha ha, even after given the correct answer he is still getting it wrong.
LOL: Gowon is not Berom but Angas and Abdulsalami is not Hausa but Nupe.

@OP:
Now that you know differently, perhaps you will do the honourable thing by correcting the topic and apologising to the many you have misled through your obvious ignorance and hatred.
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by idumuose(m): 3:53pm On May 13, 2013
Som1 posted here that Abdusalami is Hausa while Gowon
Is Berom.But I also know that Nupe is found in the
Majority in Niger state.Prof.Jerry Gana is also Nupe.
Ɣ☺u said the middle belt has had a shot at the
Presidency for 17 years but if Ɣ☺u add up those of Abdu
Salami's administration that lasted for 11 months,it
Will bring the total number of years that the middle
Has ruled to 17yrs 11months.
Thanks for d info.
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by abes(m): 3:57pm On May 13, 2013
idumuose: Som1 posted here that Abdusalami is Hausa while Gowon
Is Berom.But I also know that Nupe is found in the
Majority in Niger state.Prof.Jerry Gana is also Nupe.
Ɣ☺u said the middle belt has had a shot at the
Presidency for 17 years but if Ɣ☺u add up those of Abdu
Salami's administration that lasted for 11 months,it
Will bring the total number of years that the middle
Has ruled to 17yrs 11months.
Thanks for d info.

What are you still waiting for? Now that you are schooled, change the thread title.
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by dayokanu(m): 4:46pm On May 13, 2013
OP

Can you sum the years each tribe used at the top and lets see who has ruled the most

E.g Berom 9 years, Gwari 8 years etc
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by Gamji007: 5:31pm On May 13, 2013
Abagworo:

Tafawa Balewa is Sefawa, Gowon is Angas, IBB is Gwari while Abdulsalami is Nupe. The Middlebelt has ruled Nigeria most in number of years and time. IBB and Gowon had a total of 17.

From what I have learnt here on Nairaland, there is no more Middlebelt. They have now formed alliance with the SS,as such, adding GEJ's 3yrs rule, we can conclude that the South South have ruled the country for 20 years.

@op, don't you think the Hausas should be given the chance to rule,since they have only ruled for 6months while the Igbos who are now part of the South south,have ruled for over 20yrs and still have their son Azikwe in power?

3 Likes

Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by aurenflani: 5:39pm On May 13, 2013
Gamji007:

From what I have learnt here on Nairaland, there is no more Middlebelt. They have now formed alliance with the SS,as such, adding GEJ's 3yrs rule, we can conclude that the South South have ruled the country for 20 years.

@op, don't you think the Hausas should be given the chance to rule,since they have only ruled for 6months while the Igbos who are now part of the South south,have ruled for over 20yrs and still have their son Azikwe in power?

He won't do that, the hypocrite. He will look for another reason to castigate the Muslims. embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 10, 2014
With regard to Ibo president that won't fly, it is a settled issue that NEVER NEVER again can an Ibo rule Nigeria. That is a complete no go area. They are the ones that brought coups and tribal killing to Nigeria
Of course they will be allowed to contest in keeping with our constitution but Nigerians have decided NEVER NEVER to vote for an Ibo president.
From the south we can have Ijaw,Ogoni,Edo,Urhobo or Efik President no problems. Ibos should understand how Nigeria works. We all know this even a child still breastfeeding knows this so there is no need to heat up the polity. They can be president of things like MASSOB OMATA etc. Every Ibo man knows this too. Uche face your work oo!

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by dontjealousme: 9:52am On Aug 10, 2014
Looking at the chat above, it doesn't take a genius to know that the next President should be Igbo.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 10, 2014
dontjealousme: Looking at the chat above, it doesn't take a genious to know that the next President should be Igbo.

Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 10, 2014
Waw. The op is really sick from his excessive ogogoro intake.
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 10, 2014
idumuose: Thanks for d info bro.I never knew IBB is Gwari and Gowon
Thanks.
crap. Gowon aint Berom but Angas. Abdulsalam aint hausa banupe ne.
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 10, 2014
Murtala Muhamad like Abacha is not a Kano indigene originally but these things are overlooked more in the North especially for muslims who are Hausa speakers.
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 10, 2014
Gamji007. The sick jonathanian is using his half baked education to serve his masters
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by IGBOSON1: 10:11am On Aug 10, 2014
iwonbaoko: With regard to Ibo president that won't fly, it is a settled issue that NEVER NEVER again can an Ibo rule Nigeria. That is a complete no go area. They are the ones that brought coups and tribal killing to Nigeria
Of course they will be allowed to contest in keeping with our constitution but Nigerians have decided NEVER NEVER to vote for an Ibo president. We all know this even a child still breastfeeding knows this so there is no need to heat up the polity. They can be president of things like MASSOB OMATA etc. Every Ibo man knows this too. Uche face your work oo!

^^^Pray tell, when did 'Nigerians' meet to decide that an 'Ibo' can never rule this country? Or are you taking the sentiments of some Yoruba; some Hausa/Fulani and yourself as a reflection of the position of all 'Nigeria'?

And while you at it, can you enlighten us on just what 'one Nigeria' means to you; and your take on Nigeria fighting to keep Biafra in your 'lovely nation'?

Cheers! smiley
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 10, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Pray tell, when did 'Nigerians' meet to decide that an 'Ibo' can never rule this country? Or are you taking the sentiments of some Yoruba; some Hausa/Fulani and yourself as a reflection of the position of all 'Nigeria'?

And while you at it, can you enlighten us on just what 'one Nigeria' means to you; and your take on Nigeria fighting to keep Biafra in your 'lovely nation'?

Cheers! smiley

It was Caucus meeting of Trusted Nigerian Nations and so Ibos don't get invited to those discussions or see the minutes afterwards grin. My brother that is the way it is. "One Nigeria" That is your own random interjection here. I haven't used the phrase and have no need to explain it ,perhaps you can consult a standard dictionary.
Nigeria from time to time ,like every other nation has miscreants who try to disrupt the prevailing order such as was the case with Haymaker Ojuiku sometime ago and so he and his followers were chastised briefly but we are a magnanimous people that don't bear grudges and so we forgave him and even buried him officially . You are right ,that is the sort of thing a lovely nation would do : Magnanimity and Munificence, the sort of civilized values that one day the Ibos will imbibe from other Nigerians.
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by Kponkwem(m): 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
iwonbaoko: With regard to Ibo president that won't fly, it is a settled issue that NEVER NEVER again can an Ibo rule Nigeria. That is a complete no go area. They are the ones that brought coups and tribal killing to Nigeria
Of course they will be allowed to contest in keeping with our constitution but Nigerians have decided NEVER NEVER to vote for an Ibo president.
From the south we can have Ijaw,Ogoni,Edo,Urhobo or Efik President no problems. Ibos should understand how Nigeria works. We all know this even a child still breastfeeding knows this so there is no need to heat up the polity. They can be president of things like MASSOB OMATA etc. Every Ibo man knows this too. Uche face your work oo!

Putrid, Ebola-infested smelly mouth. I am Igbo and so are my kids and millions of others and we must as of necessity have an Igbo President either now or soonest! Your inconsequential type are the reason why several forces are pulling that Nigeria does not last beyond the next five years.

1 Like

Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
Kponkwem:

Putrid, Ebola-infested smelly mouth. I am Igbo and so are my kids and millions of others and we must as of necessity have an Igbo President either now or soonest! Your inconsequential type are the reason why several forces are pulling that Nigeria does not last beyond the next five years.

Nna how makate??
I can see that it is a subject that gets you very agitated and aroused. Please do not misunderstand,I am sympathetic to your plight as an Ibo chap and and Ibo peeps i.e your personal frustration and your group angst . Honestly I sympathize and if if were down to me I would seriously consider intervening. The truth however is that an Ibo man can not convince Nigerians to vote for him in significant numbers that is the bitter truth. In fact Nigerians would rather have a Ghanaian as President and you know that is saying a lot . Think about it any president of Nigeria needs to win 25% of the votes in 24 states now which states is this possible?? Let us be sincere with each other You guys should be content with your portion and stop trying to heat the polity. Agitating for president will make other Nigerians see you as ungrateful and greedy

Now since you folk are quite fond of dispersal and do not particularly like Eboeland there is an obvious ready made solution. Those of you in the Kano diaspora can adopt Islam and change your names to something like Ibrahim Musa Rilwan etc while those of you in Lagos can become Muyiwa,Olusegun or Obafemi etc and then in about 3 or 4 generations if you are fully compliant then who knows.........
Certainly you don't expect Nigeria to have a President with a name like Sookoodi or Shinaydoo as if Goodluck is not bad enough. Please try and see things from our perspective

4 Likes

Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by arewafederation: 1:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
iwonbaoko:

Nna how makate??
I can see that it is a subject that gets you very agitated and aroused. Please do not misunderstand,I am sympathetic to your plight as an Ibo chap and and Ibo peeps i.e your personal frustration and your group angst . Honestly I sympathize and if if were down to me I would seriously consider intervening. The truth however is that an Ibo man can not convince Nigerians to vote for him in significant numbers that is the bitter truth. In fact Nigerians would rather have a Ghanaian as President and you know that is saying a lot . Think about it any president of Nigeria needs to win 25% of the votes in 24 states now which states is this possible?? Let us be sincere with each other You guys should be content with your portion and stop trying to heat the polity

Now since you folk are quite fond of dispersal and do not particularly like Eboeland there is an obvious ready made solution. [b] Those of you in the Kano diaspora can adopt Islam and change your names to something like Ibrahim Musa etc while those of you in Lagos can become Muyiwa or Obafemi etc [/b]and then in about 3 or 4 generations if you are fully compliant then who knows.........
Certainly you don't expect Nigeria to have a President with a name like Sookoodi or Shinaydoo as if Goodluck is not bad enough. Please try and see things from our perspective

After changing their names, they still have to do something about their flat heads.

3 Likes

Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by lilprinze: 1:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
no region has ruled diz nation lyk d north yet what did dere reign add to 9ja ntin instead dy spoilt our economy d more. i dnt even knw y dy r still struggling to still try nd rule dis country do dy tink 9ja iz 4 only dem na m nt igbo bt i tink d igbo'z should b given another chance to rule 9ja
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by tobtap: 1:33pm On Aug 10, 2014
tobtap: tafa balewa is not fulani..he belong to a minority tribe in bauchi,gowon is beron,ibb is gwari and abdulsalam is hausa.. i think nigeria dont need to elect a president based on his tribe but based on merit and what such have to offer
truth...
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by kettykin: 1:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
Any body or tribe who is uncomfortable with an ibo ruling Nigeria is free to opt out or remain mute.

To be a Nigerian is not by force or compulsion, Nigeria is not too big to break up. Even the countries that assisted Nigeria to fight for unity like soviet union and Britain are either broken up or on the path to breaking up.

The problem is insisting on Nigeria unity and going ahead to fight against or gang up against another tribe in Nigeria simply because they are better and more prosperous than you,which is very wrong.
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2014
Iboes are free to rule if they can win elections but they cannot win so no problem as long as they don't go and do another coup and start killing other people's leaders leaving their own and telling us they went to Brazil to watch World Cup when they were sharing blood!

3 Likes

Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by brownlord: 1:51pm On Aug 10, 2014
dontjealousme: Looking at the chat above, it doesn't take a genius to know that the next President should be Igbo.

It will be easy for a ghaninan, chadian or senegalese to rule Nigeria than ibo, they aint getting there in the next 40 yrs. If we are still together

2 Likes

Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by tit(f): 2:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
Are the Sarikis of Kwara Yoruba?
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by MeAboki(m): 4:10pm On Aug 10, 2014
They have already conceded their turn to Johnathan since they have foolishly agreed that their tribal party APGA would not be fielding any presidential candidate against him but instead he would be representing them.

When they espouse only tribal politics (of bigotry and hatred) isolating themselves as a minority, without national coverage through formation of necessary linkages and alliances; how then do they expect other tribes to abandon their own champions for the presidency to vote Igbo - after they must have abused/insulted everybody before hand?

Can you therefore imagine one mallam, cuing in the hot sun for hours in far away Kano, Sokoto or Katsina; only to vote for one Okonkwo after he had earlier shown him nothing but scorn and disrespect?
How in the hell then can an Igbo candidate, given the above mindset, hope to secure the minimum 25% vote coverage of the federation?

Walahi, these guys must think everybody is a fool and politically naive like them.
Re: The Fulani Tribe Have Ruled Nigeria More Than Any Tribe by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
Not sure how everything do with GEJ, APC/PDP, Hausa or middle-belt rule is roped in with Igbos. Seriously how in the world do people strive to make these absurd connections with Igbo people. Igbo people, Igbo people, Igbo people! The obsession is too much, christ!

Let's imagine for an instant that an actual Igbo man rules Nigeria. Think the current political unrest is unsightly? Think again! The country will literally self-implode into a hotbed of violence. Tufiakwa! shocked

Igbos are generally well off with or without presidency which has given testament to the fact that having your ethnic group in Aso Rock does NOTHING for you. I'd rather that than risk the safety of citizens. Nigerians are just too crazy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Army-General Dies In Motor Accident In Yobe State / Dele Momodu Reacts To Fayose's New Year Prayer: "What A Classic Sub" / Atiku: Peter Obi Didn’t Consult Me Before Leaving PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.