Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Why I Don’t Commission Most Of My Completed Projects- Aregbesola! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Don’t Commission Most Of My Completed Projects- Aregbesola! (616 Views)

I Don’t Know Where Your Daughters Are, Buhari ‘tells’ Chibok Parents, BBOG Group / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari / Completed Projects In Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Don’t Commission Most Of My Completed Projects- Aregbesola! by gen2briz(m): 11:11pm On May 12, 2013
*Commissioning is only for sensitization!

Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, on Monday, advanced reasons for not commissioning most of the capital projects completed by his government, saying “our administration do not believe in the commissioning of projects.”

He said the projects belonged to the people, adding that implementing such projects and provision of infrastructure was the statutory responsibilities of any responsive government. He noted that "commissioning are usually for project that requires the sensitisation of the community towards its availability or readiness for usage but such is not applicable to many of the roads we have constructed and are already been used by residents as they are been completed"

The unannounced inspection turned to a major carnival as the Governor was followed by thousands of residents who trooped-out to hail him at every part of the state in a major show of unplanned solidarity.

He stated that “our administration do not believe in the commissioning of projects. We believe it is the people’s project. So, why must you commission it? In all the advanced countries in the world, we don’t see leaders commissioning projects the way we do in this country, only projects that requires community sensitisation are officially inaugurated.”
The governor said commissioning of projects was another way of wasting public fund, adding that he was satisfied with the level of works done by the contractors handling various projects in the state.

Fielding questions from journalists, after inspecting some on-going projects across the state, Aregbesola also dismissed claims by the opposition that the state is broke, contending that “Osun is economically strong, in spite of the massive construction works on-going in all parts of the state.”

Contrary to insinuations in some quarters that Osun was insolvent, Aregbesola affirmed that the economy of the state was growing, just as he described the opposition leaders in the state as “political jobbers who, while internally lamenting their years of wasted opportunity in government, pretend to see nothing good about the present administration in the state, despite the massive transformation of the state in the past two years”

According to him, “today, I can say that the state is not insolvent. The question of insolvency should not even arise at all. They are just blabbing and we would not be distracted by their negative comments.”

http://bioreports.net/news/why-i-dont-commission-most-of-my-completed-projects-aregbesola/

(1) (Reply)

Spy For Boko Haram Who Sells Orange As Cover Arrested By The Army / Comparing OBJ, Yar'adua And Gej On Insecurity Challenges / After The Nigerian Civil War, Why Is The State Allergic To The Name Biafra?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.