Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. (1979 Views)

Jonathan Delivers Opening Address At Hope Global Forum In Atlanta (PHOTOS) / [VIDEO] PHCN! Power Goes Off As Jonathan Delivers Easter Message [download] / An Open Letter To President-Elect Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by nwabobo: 3:52pm On May 13, 2013
berem: here comes another dunce! who told you am jobless? I can help you upgrade your miserable life if you want. If you don't have answer to my question, just keep shut!

Next dunce please!

Don't go crying to the Mods when I start with you.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 13, 2013
nwabobo:

Widespread unemployment did not start with this administration. Unemployment has actually dropped under the current administration going by data from World bank, UN and NBS. YOUWIN alone is just a program out of many designed to tackle unemployment and cannot absorb the large number of unemployed Nigerians. Under this government, there has been steady increase in FDI and a lot of companies (both local and multinational) are either setting up or expanding capacity as the government has been keeping to its promise of improving infrastructure.

Nestle just recently opened their 54 billion naira sute in Agbara, Dangote has just secured a $4.2 billion facility to build a refinery, Transcorp has gone into agroprocessing big time with their fruit juice concentrate production facility in Benue state, they are also about to start the production of tomatoe paste. NASCON, a company in which Dangote owns majority shares is also starting the production of tomato paste. Also, with the current privatisation of the offsprings from PHCN and subsequent take over by the foreign investors, we would see a boom in employment akin to the days of the telecom sector. These activities are what in the long run will reduce the rate of unemployment.

Also, they are a lot if skills acquisition centres spread across the country where you can acquire skills at little or no cost but most people are either ignorant of them or as Nigerians feel too big to do 'dirty jobs'. My friend just finished learning soap making with NDE and I've given him the little support I can. My cousin who was unemployed for a long time had to go back to the village to set up a piggery after acquiring the necessary skills and he's doing fine now planning to buy a pick up van for distribution. Years ago, one of my other cousins had to go back to the village from Pirt harcourt to learn manual block moulding and has never regretted it since then. He just completed a modest '3 rooms and parlour'.

People are taking to farming making money while the lazy ones keep waiting for government to spoon feed them.

Nobody in my paternal extended family works for the government or any company even though most of us under 40 are graduates. We chose to be employees and not employers.
Now am no longer asking a nonsense question. How could some nairalanders be so silly? why must people resort to insults if they can't answer simply question. Am not against the Youwin project even though i haven't seen or heard anyone who has benefited from it. With the righ rate of unemployment, how is the government going to cope with the project? simple question which deserves a simple answer. Anyway thanks for your response. I appreciate.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 13, 2013
nwabobo:

Don't go crying to the Mods when I start with you.

You are not a dunce after all! Ndo o? No vex. grin
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by nwabobo: 4:09pm On May 13, 2013
berem: Now am no longer asking a nonsense question. How could some nairalanders be so silly? why must people resort to insults if they can't answer simply question. Am not against the Youwin project even though i haven't seen or heard anyone who has benefited from it. With the righ rate of unemployment, how is the government going to cope with the project? simple question which deserves a simple answer. Anyway thanks for your response. I appreciate.

Sorry mate, YOUWIN is for high fliers who have got brains and are innovative and such are rare in your AJ city grin grin so, I'll excuse you. The plan is, the ones with 'brains' win the contest and are then empowered to set up business and employ others. So no worries, when they start recruiting 'sales girls' and factory workers, you'll then know one or two people who 'benefited' from YOUWIN.

I was surprised to open the list this morning and among the first set of names I saw was Chichi Wallace Afiah, my good friend's wife.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 13, 2013
nwabobo:

Sorry mate, YOUWIN is for high fliers who have got brains and are innovative and such are rare in your AJ city grin grin so, I'll excuse you. The plan is, the ones with 'brains' win the contest and are then empowered to set up business and employ others. So no worries, when they start recruiting 'sales girls' and factory workers, you'll then know one or two people who 'benefited' from YOUWIN.

I was surprised to open the list this morning and among the first set of names I saw was Chichi Wallace Afiah, my good friend's wife.

Lol@ Aj city! sorry dude ,i don't live in Ajegunle. ama confirmed Festac chic where we gat the best brains. I never knew government employs based on merit. I thought it was based on federal character? Jeez! you better ask your friend's wife what magic she used. grin
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by nwabobo: 5:16pm On May 13, 2013
berem: Lol@ Aj city! sorry dude ,i don't live in Ajegunle. ama confirmed Festac chic where we gat the best brains. I never knew government employs based on merit. I thought it was based on federal character? Jeez! you better ask your friend's wife what magic she used. grin

It was done on Merit but with equal spread among the regions(Federal character). The difference is that this time, the Federal character was based on state of residence and not state of origin. My friend's wife is Igbo married to Ibibio but living in Abuja so he won as a contestant from the North central region.
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by touchmehard: 5:18pm On May 13, 2013
This is a nice one here. Congratulations to the winners. It's good to be smart and have good business initiative, making it in life is not all about having a white collar job.
Bravo
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 13, 2013
nwabobo:

It was done on Merit but with equal spread among the regions(Federal character). The difference is that this time, the Federal character was based on state of residence and not state of origin. My friend's wife is Igbo married to Ibibio but living in Abuja so he won as a contestant from the North central region.
Does it mean those who won can also be employers of Labour too as you rightly stated?
Re: President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Delivers On Youwin2. by MaJBlige(f): 7:05pm On May 13, 2013
berem: Does it mean those who won can also be employers of Labour too as you rightly stated?

Thats the whole essence of the programme. Empower a few to empower others.

Check their website https://www.youwin.org.ng/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rojenny International Stadium Back To Life Gov Obi Supports With N30m / Some Good News From SW, After PDP Retook Ekiti / Could Ekiti & Osun Masked Men Be Goodluck's Trained Snipers? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.