Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

GEOLOGY Or Geography.........confused??? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / GEOLOGY Or Geography.........confused??? (1528 Views)

15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. / Geology Or Geophysics / Aspirants And Newly Admitted Geoscientists(Geology Or Geophysics).. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEOLOGY Or Geography.........confused??? by david6(m): 1:20pm On May 13, 2013
Good day u all....d name is david....and am in ma first year studying Geography....bt the course I applied for and av a love for is Geology....and am in the process of changing from Geography to Geology....pls I need GOOD advice cus peeps av been saying I shuld stick wif ma Geography ,that geology is hard and stuffs and am doing so well in geography....which gives me the option to read Remote sensing application and Meterology....pls need advice....shuld I switch or stick to geography....thanks
Re: GEOLOGY Or Geography.........confused??? by 2Legit2Qui: 2:00pm On May 13, 2013
Geology is a professional course. with Geography you still need to do a diploma or masters in Remote Sensing or GIS course to professionalise. So, the choice is yours.
Re: GEOLOGY Or Geography.........confused??? by david6(m): 2:35pm On May 13, 2013
2Legit2Qui: Geology is a professional course. with Geography you still need to do a diploma or masters in Remote Sensing or GIS course to professionalise. So, the choice is yours.
.....tanx for d tip...really appreciated....pls need more advice frm u all....
Re: GEOLOGY Or Geography.........confused??? by Syenite(m): 3:14pm On May 13, 2013
If you know you have what it takes academically you can go for Geology if you can. Geology as a career is more rewarding than Geography. But have it at the back of your mind that a 1st class or 2:1 graduate of geography, zoology, botany etc is ranked higher in the employment market than a 2:2 graduate of Petroleum, mechanical, electrical or geology etc graduate.
Re: GEOLOGY Or Geography.........confused??? by david6(m): 7:10pm On May 13, 2013
Syenite: If you know you have what it takes academically you can go for Geology if you can. Geology as a career is more rewarding than Geography. But have it at the back of your mind that a 1st class or 2:1 graduate of geography, zoology, botany etc is ranked higher in the employment market than a 2:2 graduate of Petroleum, mechanical, electrical or geology etc graduate.
......thanks for d advice....pls keep it coming....bless
Re: GEOLOGY Or Geography.........confused??? by iamswizz(m): 10:11pm On May 13, 2013
geology is not hard at all if u are serious..

But the funny thing is that while i was in Uni.. We were over hundred geology student in the first year, but during graduation we were just 29..
Re: GEOLOGY Or Geography.........confused??? by Iamoilprince(m): 10:57pm On May 13, 2013
I read Geology and about to round up my masters in Geophysics. I must tell u dat Geology is far better than Geography. Its even easy, just that u need to do a lot of cramming and all. I did Remote sensing twice. At Undergraduate and Masters level. Geology is pretty wide and marketable, especially if u can make 2.1 or 1st class. You might even get to discover some aspects more interesting than Remote Sensing.
Perhaps, if u have the opportunity to change, then do so. But make sure you work hard to graduate with a good result.
Re: GEOLOGY Or Geography.........confused??? by david6(m): 5:30am On May 14, 2013
Tanks guys,

(1) (Reply)

Delta State Poly, OZORO. / Petroleum Training Institute Pti | Ice | Part-time Application Form 2016 Now Out / Federal Polytechnic Idah Pull Out From ASUP Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.