Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,138 members, 7,867,299 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:35 PM

Is Nigeria About Fifty-five Percent Muslims? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Nigeria About Fifty-five Percent Muslims? (687 Views)

Malcolm X: Fifty Six Years Later / Report: Nearly 25 Percent Of All People Are Muslim / 700 Percent Profit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nigeria About Fifty-five Percent Muslims? by bamto(m): 1:20pm On May 13, 2013
I read in an Islamic Education course material that 'over fifty percent of the population of Africa are Muslims; in Nigeria, it is about fifty-five percent.' Fact or Fiction?
Re: Is Nigeria About Fifty-five Percent Muslims? by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 13, 2013
They can be 90% for all we care, God's kingdom is not measured by quantity but quality cheesy
Re: Is Nigeria About Fifty-five Percent Muslims? by bamto(m): 2:20pm On May 13, 2013
Doesn't that imply that the harvest is rottening while the labourers laze about? @frosbel
Re: Is Nigeria About Fifty-five Percent Muslims? by maclatunji: 4:29pm On May 13, 2013
frosbel: They can be 90% for all we care, God's kingdom is not measured by quantity but quality cheesy

LOL and the keys to that kingdom are not in Frosbel's hands.
Re: Is Nigeria About Fifty-five Percent Muslims? by Kairoseki77: 9:41pm On May 15, 2013
WRONG!!!!!!!

50.8% of Nigeria's population are Christians, 47.8% are Muslims and 1.4% adhere to other religions.

http://features.pewforum.org/global-christianity/population-number.php

62.7% of the population of Sub-Saharan Africa is Christian.

http://features.pewforum.org/global-christianity/map.php#/africa,ALL
Re: Is Nigeria About Fifty-five Percent Muslims? by truthman2012(m): 7:51pm On May 17, 2013
[quote
Re: Is Nigeria About Fifty-five Percent Muslims? by truthman2012(m): 7:53pm On May 17, 2013
frosbel: They can be 90% for all we care, God's kingdom is not measured by quantity but quality cheesy

Thanks bro.

That which is higly esteemed amoung men is abormination onto God.
Re: Is Nigeria About Fifty-five Percent Muslims? by maclatunji: 9:31pm On May 17, 2013
Kairoseki77: WRONG!!!!!!!

50.8% of Nigeria's population are Christians, 47.8% are Muslims and 1.4% adhere to other religions.

http://features.pewforum.org/global-christianity/population-number.php

62.7% of the population of Sub-Saharan Africa is Christian.

http://features.pewforum.org/global-christianity/map.php#/africa,ALL

Out of 6 geopolitical zones, Christians only outnumber Muslims in 2 of the smallest ones. The SouthEast and SouthSouth. Keep making yourself happy.
Re: Is Nigeria About Fifty-five Percent Muslims? by truthman2012(m): 10:19pm On May 17, 2013
maclatunji:

Out of 6 geopolitical zones, Christians only outnumber Muslims in 2 of the smallest ones. The SouthEast and SouthSouth. Keep making yourself happy.

This may interest you more: as the day of judgement draws nearer, the population of muslims and other religions will increase tremendously. Many christians will fall away from the truth, giving heed to seducing spirits.

Jesus said narrow is the way that leads to heaven and few people are walking there. But broad is the way that leads to Hell, heavilly populated.

Therefore, keep making yourself happy with your population.
Re: Is Nigeria About Fifty-five Percent Muslims? by maclatunji: 10:25pm On May 17, 2013
truthman2012:

This may interest you more: as the day of judgement draws nearer, the population of muslims and other religions will increase tremendously. Many christians will fall away from the truth, giving heed to seducing spirits.

Jesus said narrow is the way that leads to heaven and few people are walking there. But broad is the way that leads to Hell, heavilly populated.

Therefore, keep making yourself happy with your population.

Like I told Frosbel, you do not have the keys to paradise,. Besides, the case of Jesus has already been decided. If you like follow bush path.
Re: Is Nigeria About Fifty-five Percent Muslims? by bobthebuilder99(m): 8:19pm On May 18, 2013
maclatunji:

U a learner, bro?

The SW is 60% Christian and 30% Muslim. Don't spread lies about my people o!
Re: Is Nigeria About Fifty-five Percent Muslims? by maclatunji: 9:12pm On May 18, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

U a learner, bro?

The SW is 60% Christian and 30% Muslim. Don't spread lies about my people o!

For your mind.
Re: Is Nigeria About Fifty-five Percent Muslims? by bobthebuilder99(m): 9:57pm On May 18, 2013
maclatunji:

For your mind.

Bro...you are mixing up religious tolerance with religious tribalism.

We do not care about religion, hence the merger with CPC. That does NOT mean that we are majority muslim. Get your facts right!
Using common sense and life experience I know that we are majority Christian (btw - why do you think the press always says "Muslim North" and "Christian South"wink.

Just for you, I went to Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Nigeria.

Also, check out the fifth paragraph here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Nigeria

I have Muslim people in my family, and obviously don't dislike them. I voted for Fashola, and don't care that he is Muslim. That does NOT make me Muslim though. I am Christian.
Re: Is Nigeria About Fifty-five Percent Muslims? by IbrahimB: 11:29pm On May 18, 2013
Believe me nobody knows! Any figures you see online are just estimates. Remember we all thought we had more women, when the last census showed that there are actually more men in Naija than women cheesy. The last census didn't ask for religion as well so we have nothing authoritative.

In the long run it's irrelevant. If there are more Muslims than Christians - or vice-versa - it doesn't in any way prove which religion is the truth. Just do what you think is right and be true to your conscience. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Records 19 Mortality, 7 Psychiatric Cases In 2014 Hajj Exercise / The Battle Between Us And Shaytan Never Ends, Not Untill We Die. / Free 1k Giveaway: Day 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.