Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,049 members, 7,849,241 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:01 PM

ADVICE (studying Overseas): UK Or Canada? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ADVICE (studying Overseas): UK Or Canada? (678 Views)

The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David / With An HND Degree, Where In The USA Or Canada Can One Study Msc Accounting/mba? / General Question On Graduate Studies In Us, Uk Or Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ADVICE (studying Overseas): UK Or Canada? by Nobody: 7:12am On May 14, 2013
I'm 17 years old and I graduated secondary school last year August. Thanks to God, I got two offers when I graduated: from University of Glamorgan, Wales (now University of South Wales) and a Canadian college. I decided to go to Canada in January and so far it's been really disappointing. My first semester- which ended in April- was the worst period of my life: I had no friends, no relatives here to talk to, nobody. Not to mention I failed two courses out of four- and I'd never failed anything before! My older brother schools in Cardiff University, Wales and has advised me, along with my parents to quit school here and start over in the UK. I'm currently studying Computer Science and, looking at the way things are going now, I'm not sure I'll be able to transfer to a good university. Isn't it better to study Software Engineering (my dream goal) in the UK instead of struggling and changing my course to an Arts course here in Canada?
Re: ADVICE (studying Overseas): UK Or Canada? by motyangel(f): 12:46pm On May 14, 2013
I feel for you. Which of the universities are u in canada?
Re: ADVICE (studying Overseas): UK Or Canada? by 50calibre(m): 1:10am On May 15, 2013
shocked
Re: ADVICE (studying Overseas): UK Or Canada? by earthgreeners(m): 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
remember me on the travel to Canada thread.... I understand how you feel.. but I think u can cope..... I wld be heading to Manitoba this year. Hopefully, I cld be of help

(1) (Reply)

ASUU To Meet Again With Ministers And National Assembly / Oxford Dictionaries Just Got New Words: Check Them Out / ***********

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.