Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,145 members, 7,860,109 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:42 AM

The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? (756 Views)

Photos From The Visit Of Aisha Buhari To The Awolowo's Residence / . / Recurrent Crisis In Northern Nigerha; Tribal, Political Or Religious? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by BigB11(m): 3:23am On Apr 22, 2008
First, I do not know much about the purpose or the importance of having a Pope, but I still respect the Christians who sincerely admire the Pope and I also adore the man himself for all the inconceivable things he stands for or promotes. He's definitely one of a kind.

The pope was just recently in United States, in fact he left couple of days ago. During his visit, he visited various spots and as usual his positive and Godly impact was felt tremendously everywhere.

The following spots are some of the places he visited during his trip to United States:
1. White House (to say whatz up to Bush)
2. DC Area (I think he visited a stadium for religion mass)
3. Ground zero ( to pay respect to the victims of 911)
4. Synagogue (to give much love and respect to the Jews)
5. Sexually abused victims (to apologize and motivate these folks)
6. A church in NY city (for a religion mass)
7. Yankee stadium (for a final religion mass)

He absolutely did his thing as usual without any questions, but he did not accept or acknowledge the invitation of the Mu slim society in United States.

I thought as a divine entity, one should see all equally regardless of the skin color, class, belief, politics or state of mind. So, what happened?
Moreover, Pope in the past has also delivered many speeches in which he clearly promoted peace and unity. I thought accepting the invitation would have been the greatest opportunity to sincerely, publicly and physically endorse peace and unity for all mankind. I thought it would have been very effectively, extremely magnificent and also touched many lives if he had spared few minutes to meet with this group of people.

I believe in action much more than mere speech; and I truly believe that acknowledging the invitation by pope would have embraced peace in general and brought a new dimension to the way folks see things and treat one another in regard to religion and faith.

It is never a good feeling to be ignored, afterall God created all!

The benefit of meeting with couple of Mu slim professors and students (in a well controlled environment) by the Pope would have brought enormous peace and relief to this world.
I may also be wrong without any doubt, but it is written that you'll miss 100% of all shots that you do not take.
Again, much love and respect to the Pope.

May God bless the earth with an everlasting love and peace!

What do you think?
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by 4Him1(m): 3:39am On Apr 22, 2008
Big B1:

He absolutely did his thing as usual without any questions, but he did not accept or acknowledge the invitation of the Mu slim society in United States.

He didnt have to. I personally i'm of the oppinion it is high time world leaders stopped lending some form of legitimacy to covertly intolerant "mu slim societies".

Big B1:

I thought as a divine entity, one should see all equally regardless of the skin color, class, belief, politics or state of mind. So, what happened?

I thought as a "divine" land mecca should see all equally regardless of skin color, class, belief, politics or state of mind. so, what happened?

Big B1:

Moreover, Pope in the past has also delivered many speeches in which he clearly promoted peace and unity. I thought accepting the invitation would have been the greatest opportunity to sincerely, publicly and physically endorse peace and unity for all mankind.

my dear say something else. We are fed up of intolerant groups always agitating that the other MUST necessarily be the one to "sincerely, publicly and physically endorse peace and unity for all mankind".
Mu slim nations practice the most virulent form of intolerance of christians and jews, they are silent in the face of terrorism, silently participate in the disaster that is darfur and YET are the fastest to ask others to endorse peace. How about those leaders of urs endorse peace for once.

Big B1:

I thought it would have been very effectively, extremely magnificent and also touched many lives if he had spared few minutes to meet with this group of people.

It would merely have massaged the egos of those whose stock in trade is religious hypocrisy.

Big B1:

I believe in action much more than mere speech;

me too. I have been waiting in vain for the "tolerance and peace" these mu slim societies profess to preach.

Big B1:

and I truly believe that acknowledging the invitation by pope would have embraced peace in general and brought a new dimension to the way folks see things and treat one another in regard to religion and faith.

Even if the pope moves his home to the doorsteps of your mosque, religious crisis will still continue in Kano and christians will still be refused the right to carry their bibles to riyadh.

Big B1:

It is never a good feeling to be ignored, afterall God created all!

Tell that to the saudis, syrians, gazans, iranians . . . you people know how to tell others what to do.

Big B1:

The benefit of meeting with couple of Mu slim professors and students (in a well controlled environment) by the Pope would have brought enormous peace and relief to this world.

this is decietful.
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by Nobody: 5:07am On Apr 22, 2008
If you do not know much about the purpose or the importance of having a Pope, why do bother if he honoured the invitation of the Mu slim society in United States?
What makes you feel his meeting them will foster peace to mankind?

Bloody hypocrite!!!
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by BigB11(m): 2:13pm On Apr 22, 2008
It is clear to me that you're totally lost and I truly do not expect your diminutive sagacity to apprehend the root of this topic.

My question for you:
When are you finally going to find the basket?

Bloody lost ball!
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by 4Play(m): 2:24pm On Apr 22, 2008
Big B1:

I think the pertinent question is why we have the M'uslim American Society when we can't have a similar Christian Saudi Arabian Society or even merely build a church in Saudi Arabia.

We should start from there before addressing who the Pope meets when he visits a Christian nation.The Pope regularly meets M'uslims in various capacities-he recently visited Turkey-so I don't see why he must visit this particular organisation.You don't see American Hindus and Buddhists complaining that he didn't visit them.
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by 1luvkipsus: 2:42pm On Apr 22, 2008
First, I do not know much about the purpose or the importance of having a Pope

This guy is some stinking, disgusting asshole who irritates me alot. His posts are quite better off in the dustbin. What's he always trying to prove? That he knows so much about everything? But I just can't find out the knowledge, except some incoherent argument in favour of Terrorists and IBB. Now 'he doesn't know the purpose or importance of having a Pope'. What a guy!!
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by BigB11(m): 2:44pm On Apr 22, 2008
I think the pertinent question is why we have the M'uslim American Society when we can't have a similar Christian Saudi Arabian Society or even merely build a church in Saudi Arabia.

We should start from there before addressing who the Pope meets when he visits a Christian nation.The Pope regularly meets M'uslims in various capacities-he recently visited Turkey-so I don't see why he must visit this particular organisation.You don't see American Hindus and Buddhists complaining that he didn't visit them.

@4 Play:

Very good point!

The current problem facing the world is mostly between the Mu slims and Christians (not Hindus and Buddhists); and I think this conflict could be resolved if folks are willing to work together.

Peace is a priceless gift that can not be implemented by just you and I; it might take divine entities like Pope to spread the word effectively.

Yes, it is not an easy task, but how long are we willing to live like this?

Again, much love and respect to the Pope.
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by BigB11(m): 2:47pm On Apr 22, 2008
@1luvkipsus:
You're a good man, and I still love you with all my heart!
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by McKren(m): 2:49pm On Apr 22, 2008
BigB1

The last Pope, Karol Józef Wojtyła (Pope John Paul II) visited and prayed in an ISLA_MIC Mosque in Damascus Syria 2001. I will leave the answer whether Terrorism has grown or reduced since then to you.

The solution to religous fanatism, terrorism or killing in the name of God can not be reached as a result of pilicies made in Washington, Vatican, or No. 10 Downing Street.
Its about time MU_SLIMS take responsibilities and begin to preach against terrorism in Mosques.

And to suggest that there is a correlation between the Pope's schedule and World peace is simply disingenuous.

And by the way you can not suggest that there is no need having a Pope at all and yet somehow put the resolution of a troubled world at his door steps ,   you simply can't have it both ways mate.

And by the way, the Pope is the head of the Catholic Church and Head of State of Vatican city. The next time any TV station try to bore you with where he goes or who he tries to see. Just switch of the Channel but there is simply no need to discuss him. He is not spending your tax money.
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by BigB11(m): 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2008
And by the way you can not suggest that there is no need having a Pope at all and yet somehow put the resolution of a troubled world at his door steps ,   you simply can't have it both ways mate.

Where did you get your info from? because it is totally opposite what I've stated.
Of course, Pope is an exceptional divine entity and I will be stupid not to recognize this fact.
Instead of picking and choosing my word, why not settle down and try to understand where I'm coming from?

This is absolutely not a fight, guys, but a discussion on how to quickly discover peace through out the world!
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by BigB11(m): 3:00pm On Apr 22, 2008
You can not turn crazy just because your neighbours are crazy; there must be a bigger man somewhere!
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by McKren(m): 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2008

I thought accepting the invitation would have been the greatest opportunity to sincerely, publicly and physically endorse peace and unity for all mankind

It was not I who made the above comments, maybe u need to listen to yourself.

You cant have it both ways, you can either think he is insignificant or not.

To not know much about his purpose and yet know the effect or benefit of his actions and in-actions is inconsistent
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by 4Play(m): 3:02pm On Apr 22, 2008
Big B1:

Where did you get your info from? because it is totally opposite what I've stated.
Of course, Pope is an exceptional divine entity and I will be stupid not to recognize this fact.
Instead of picking and choosing my word, why not settle down and try to understand where I'm coming from.

This is absolutely not a fight, guys!

I don't know why you keep addressing the Pope as a "divine entity".

The reality is that,in today's secularist world, Govts have a bigger role to play in ensuring peace than religious figures.I don't think there is a state of conflict or animosity between M'uslims and Christians in general.To the extent that any animosity exists,that is mainly due to policies by various Govts in the West and the Middle-East.

A lot of the M'uslim riots we have in Northern Nigeria is due to the undue influence of Saudi money which trains clerics and provides hate literature.
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by BigB11(m): 3:15pm On Apr 22, 2008

I thought accepting the invitation would have been the greatest opportunity to sincerely, publicly and physically endorse peace and unity for all mankind

McKren:

Let me simplify these statements for you:

Statement#1: This is an honest statement, I truly do not understand the importance and I will gladly appreciate an intelligent lesson to educate me.
FYI: This doesn't mean that I do not recognize the position of Pope as a divine entity.

Statement#2: I truly think that a unique or unprecedented action of a divine entity could effectively change the world to a better place for all.

This is how I honestly feel, and if it is a sin, I pray to God to forgive me.

McKren; you should know better, I'm not stupid and do not deceive.
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by McKren(m): 3:23pm On Apr 22, 2008
The point is, in this day and age the Pope is simply symbolic when it comes to world affairs. He only has an opinnion.

But he means a lot rather to Catholics.

Who he meets and who he does not meet simply does not do a lot.

A previous Pope praying in the Mosque has not changed a lot, M'uslim clerics should rather be preaching against killing in the name of God. That is the only solution to unity. That is the only way the current 10yr olds from Pakistan, and Aphganistan and Palestine will grow up with different ideology and hence ensure a future peaceful world.
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by BigB11(m): 3:29pm On Apr 22, 2008
I still think when it comes to peace, we should never give up.
We must continue to pray for peace and unity, work together as one regardless of our belief or faith, respect each other and allow God to do the rest.

Peace and unity forever!
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by texazzpete(m): 4:29pm On Apr 22, 2008
Dear BigB1
Kindly stop referring to the Pope as a 'Divine Entity'. Not even Catholics like myself call him that.

The End
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by Uche2nna(m): 4:33pm On Apr 22, 2008
texazzpete:

Dear BigB1
Kindly stop referring to the Pope as a 'Divine Entity'. Not even Catholics like myself call him that.

The End

Just about to point that out.
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by BigB11(m): 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2008
I'm sorry about that!
FYI: I'm very open and willing to learn; could you please identify how to correctly refer to the Pope?
Re: The Visit Of The Pope, Political Or Sincere? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2008
Big B1:

It is clear to me that you're totally lost and I truly do not expect your diminutive sagacity to apprehend the root of this topic.

My question for you:
When are you finally going to find the basket?

Bloody lost ball!

Apprehend what?
Common, everyone knows you and  the kind of game you are capable of playing.

For the sake of clarity, I'm not a catholic and i have never viewed Pope as a divine entity.
But for you to say that you don't know the importance of having a pope and at the same time thought that the world would have been a garden of Eden if pope had visited the mu slim community in US is pure hypocrisy. Admit it, or just admit that it was a typographical error.
If not, be brave enough to spit out what's in your mind and stop thinking you are in this forum with kids.

(1) (Reply)

Clinton Vs Obama -the Final Round(Today ,april 22, 2008) / How Missing Plane Crew Members Planned Their Escape! / Abacha U-17 Tourney Ready

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.