Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,984 members, 7,828,484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood (2706 Views)

"The CEO": Kunle Afolayan Wraps Up The Production In Nairobi Kenya (photos) / Mike Ezuruonye Speaks Chinese In Nollywood Movie / Five Ridiculous Questions With Obvious Answers Asked In Nollywood Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood by Nobody: 12:53am On May 24, 2013
VillageBoi:

Thanks man. Boy is that trailer AMAZING or what? There's another 'photo compilation' video that I'll add.

LOL.....I've watched the two 'photo video' as well. and the BTS-Training session. I don search the film die grin grin

Can you please change the topic to 76 Movie or something. Lions of 76 is now officially wrong and misleading. tongue
Re: The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood by VillageBoi(m): 12:56am On May 24, 2013
speedyboi:

LOL.....I've watched the two 'photo video' as well. and the BTS-Training session. I don search the film die grin grin
Can you please change the topic to 76 Movie or something. Lions of 76 is now officially wrong and misleading. tongue

Oh wow. You are more current... I didn't even know they've changed the name to just '76'
Re: The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood by VillageBoi(m): 12:58am On May 24, 2013
^^^^^

Done. Name of new thread has been changed!
Re: The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood by sholay2011(m): 1:45am On May 24, 2013
VillageBoi:

'Nigeria's 'first' Sci-Fi' - Lol are you surprised people at the cinemas asked for their money back!
Where is bros Sholay to come see VFX nah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FYkPOOHnNE
This one na 'real Sci Fi' oh....eh eh. I don't believe this is for an audience that just saw "Avatar" or "Life of Pi".
Re: The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood by prof800(m): 2:19pm On May 24, 2013
sholay2011:
This one na 'real Sci Fi' oh....eh eh. I don't believe this is for an audience that just saw "Avatar" or "Life of Pi".
or an audience that just watched 'ironman 3'
hehehe...
Re: The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood by VillageBoi(m): 4:40pm On May 24, 2013
sholay2011:
prof800:
or an audience that just watched 'ironman 3' hehehe...

You people are very, very naughty... I like. Teehee! grin grin
Re: The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 24, 2013
prof800:
or an audience that just watched 'ironman 3'
hehehe...

grin grin cheesy
Re: The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood by ohaleoghene(f): 9:04pm On May 25, 2013
Lol kajalo got good storyline , but guess the animated part didn't do any justice .
Re: The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood by VillageBoi(m): 10:38pm On May 25, 2013
ohaleoghene: Lol kajalo got good storyline , but guess the animated part didn't do any justice .

Hahahaha nobody in the world knows what the 'storyline' is because nobody in the world (apart from the makers of said disgrace) watched it lol. People no gree watch this insult... no be riot wan happen for cinema?
See by-force making of film.
Re: The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 25, 2013
VillageBoi:

Hahahaha nobody in the world knows what the 'storyline' is because nobody in the world (apart from the makers of said disgrace) watched it lol. People no gree watch this insult... no be riot wan happen for cinema?

^^^^^^^^^^^^You are funny grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood by ohaleoghene(f): 2:13pm On May 26, 2013
VillageBoi:

Your standard must really be high indeed ! Wouldn't mind learning a lot from you ,especially what makes a good movie . Though haven't watch the movie , but saw a thread sometimes ago , some said the story line was indeed OK , but the concept of acting it out wasn't much appreciated .
Re: The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood by VillageBoi(m): 2:23pm On May 26, 2013
ohaleoghene:
Your standard must really be high indeed !

Absolutely. We have to have the highest standard possible or everything becomes pointless. Im very sure you wouldn't lower your standard of medical care to that of a native witch doctor/babalawo (or even have a trainee nurse perform crucial heart surgery on you)... so why should we expect rubbish from films and be proud of it too?

If we lower our standards we immediatelt stop learning or trying to improve.
Re: The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood by sholay2011(m): 4:54pm On May 26, 2013
VillageBoi:

Absolutely. We have to have the highest standard possible or everything becomes pointless. Im very sure you wouldn't lower your standard of medical care to that of a native witch doctor/babalawo (or even have a trainee nurse perform crucial heart surgery on you)... so why should we expect rubbish from films and be proud of it too?

If we lower our standards we immediatelt stop learning or trying to improve.
Hello. Did you receive my message?
Re: The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood by VillageBoi(m): 10:01pm On May 26, 2013
sholay2011:
Hello. Did you receive my message?

A message? Let me check!
Re: The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood by directorsolomon(m): 5:08pm On Jun 13, 2013
The problem with Kajola amongst alot of other Nigerian films is the fact that anybody can say he's a Director without passing through the fire of training ... on the other hand, as soon as an Editor is able to make someone disappear he convinces people that he can outdo Hollywood and dorns the cap of a Director a whole lot of these people can't even make a 120 page script out of an exciting premise and most of all... 'ALL' the Nollywood directors find it hard to synergies all the arts and craft (includes actors) into an artistic whole...

this takes years of practicing with short films and the discipline of "staying in your own lane" (if you wan be editor ...be Editor NOT 3D animator)

the Kajola dude was just a Guy who could do a little 3D and thought he had arrived, no training whatsoever as a filmmaker and at the End the film swallowed him up.

to buttress this one so called Epic with which its title is along the lines of "ZANGA" which lazily burrowed from the Gilder Ultimate Search is premiering in Abuja cinemas. its as weak and insulting to film goers as ever....
Re: The Production Of Science Fiction In Nollywood by Nobody: 12:03am On Jun 15, 2013
directorsolomon: The problem with Kajola amongst alot of other Nigerian films is the fact that anybody can say he's a Director without passing through the fire of training ... on the other hand, as soon as an Editor is able to make someone disappear he convinces people that he can outdo Hollywood and dorns the cap of a Director a whole lot of these people can't even make a 120 page script out of an exciting premise and most of all... 'ALL' the Nollywood directors find it hard to synergies all the arts and craft (includes actors) into an artistic whole...

this takes years of practicing with short films and the discipline of "staying in your own lane" (if you wan be editor ...be Editor NOT 3D animator)

the Kajola dude was just a Guy who could do a little 3D and thought he had arrived, no training whatsoever as a filmmaker and at the End the film swallowed him up.

to buttress this one so called Epic with which its title is along the lines of "ZANGA" which lazily burrowed from the Gilder Ultimate Search is premiering in Abuja cinemas. its as weak and insulting to film goers as ever....
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Hilarious And Silly Mistakes In Nigerian Movies / The Vampire Diaries Season 8 Episode 11 / Horror Is The Best Genre Of Movie?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.