Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 (1790 Views)

OOU Best Graduating student: My Sister Stopped School For Me To Graduate / Apply Today For The Clinton International Summer School [fully Funded] / 2013 Shell Geosciences Summer School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 by dayoisrael: 11:49am On May 15, 2006
Hi Everyone,

Compliments and Best Wishes.

I am writing to inform you about the 1st International Summer School for Young Africans being organized by the Africa Diaspora Youth Forum (UK) in Nigeria from the 23rd – 30th July 2006. The Summer School would be held for a week would draw speakers and trainers from all over Africa and its Diaspora and is being supported by Virgin Nigeria, Africa Leadership Forum, London Metropolitan University and a lot of other International Organizations in Africa and its Diaspora.

The Summer School would be focused on building the capacities of Young Africans in Africa and it’s Diaspora and would be an opportunity for Empowerment and Capacity Building for Young Africans. The event which would be held in Nigeria would be declared open by the President of Nigeria and the Closing Ceremony would be attended by the President of Malawi and Kenya. We have specially selected and invited seasoned trainers and speakers from all over Africa and its Diaspora to teach, train and inspire the over 300 delegates expected at the event.

Our last weeklong Leadership Training for the West African Sub-region in March 2005 was rated excellence and was supported by the Lagos State Government, British Council, Africa Leadership Forum, Air France, and AREF; Nevertheless the 1st International Summer School would be great as it would not only bring together Young Africans from Africa and it’s Diaspora for the whole week but would also create a platform for a Strong Partnership between Africa and its Diaspora.

Some of this years Speakers and Trainers includes and the list are increasing daily:

• Dr. Dapo Oyewole – CEO CAPPS UK www.thinkafrica.org
• Richie Dayo Johnson – CEO Richmond Academy UK www.richmondjohnson.com
• Dr. Ajayi – Africa Leadership Forum Nigeria www.africaleadership.org
• Ambassador Segun Olusola AREF www.aref.org
• Dr. Keem Bello Osagie
• Gbenga Sesan – Africa Digital Divide www.gbengasesan.com
• Lanre Suraj – HEDAGENDA www.hedagenda.org
• Dr. Titi Banjoko – Africa Recruit UK www.africarecruit.com
• Ndidi Okwonkwo – LEAP Africa www.leapafrica.org
• Hafsat Abiola – Kind Nigeria www.kindnigeria.org
• Ellen Brogren – Young General Assembly www.youngga.org
• Dr. Fola Adeola – UK Commission for Africa www.cfa.org.uk
• Dr. Firmino Mucavale – NEPAD www.nepad.org
• Dr. Man Joof – ECOWAS www.ecowas.org

Some of the objectives of the Summer School include:

• To create an avenue for Empowerment and Capacity Building for Young Africans in Africa and its Diaspora.
• To promote Citizenship Education amongst Young Africans
• To create an opportunity for delegates to meet other Young Leaders from all over Africa to discuss issues relating to Africa’s Development, Share Ideas, Build their capacities and network with one another
• To establish an avenue for Young Africans in Africa and its Diaspora to engage in the actualization of the MDG’s and the NEPAD Framework for Africa’s Development.

Sessions would be focused on themes such as Human Right and Democracy, Leadership, Good Governance and Accountability, Youth and Leadership in Africa, Environment and Sustainable Development amongst others.

Skill Training would cover Leadership Skills, Effective Communication Skills, Presentation Skills, Vocational Skills, Public Speaking Skills, Project Management, Fundraising Skills, Employability Skills, Conflict Management, and many more. There would also be IT Training Sessions to train delegates on How to make effective use of the Internet/Web.

There are many opportunities and ways you could be involved in the Summer School for Young Africans, either by:

• Attending the Summer School as a delegate
• Making a Presentation at the Summer School either as a Professional or as a Young Activist with experience (Youth Leader/Trainer)
• Sponsoring a Delegate to attend
• Sponsoring a Session at the Summer School
• Exhibiting at the Summer School and many more

For all correspondence, please email summerschool@youngdiaspora.org or dayo@youngdiaspora.org. Tel: +44-208-331-3887 and +44-79-3024-7915. www.summerschool.youngdiaspora.org and www.youngdiaspora.org
Re: International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 by Seun(m): 11:57am On May 15, 2006
Interesting programme. Thanks for sharing!
Re: International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 by idiotboop(f): 12:15pm On May 15, 2006
Good idea, hope it goes well, like the concept very smiley much
Re: International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 by naijacutee(f): 12:51pm On May 15, 2006
I'm very interested, How much are the fees for attending?
Re: International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 by naijacutee(f): 12:56pm On May 15, 2006
sad This site is under construction , I'll just call then,
Re: International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 by walemuse(m): 1:25pm On May 15, 2006
Nice one! wink
Re: International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 by gbengaijot(m): 1:28pm On May 15, 2006
Dayoooooooooooooooooo, good one ooo. you've not replied my mail about the facilitation oooooo.
Re: International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 by chy(f): 4:52pm On May 15, 2006
HOW MUCH AND WHAT THE AGE REQUIREMENT
Re: International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 by dayoisrael: 5:11pm On May 15, 2006
Hi Everyone,

It's $200 for early bird registration and 50% discount on Virgin Nigeria for all Flights.

Dayo
Re: International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 by hotangel2(f): 9:02pm On May 15, 2006
Hmm amazing.
Re: International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 by naijacutee(f): 10:32am On May 16, 2006
50% discount on flight to naija? shocked
Ive been trying their lines now since yesterday and I can't get anyone to pick up the phone, I'm all enthusiastic and no one to talk to angry
Re: International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 by Seun(m): 10:41am On May 16, 2006
50% discount on Virgin Nigeria for all Flights.
Well, I don't know how they plan to implement the discount, but the legitimacy of this programme has been confirmed by one of the speakers - Mr. Gbenga Sesan:
Hello Seun:

Yes, I'll be speaking at the summer school -- its not scam.

Thanks for checking with me.

Best regards,
---
'Gbenga Sesan | URL: www.gbengasesan.com | Blog: www.gbengasesan.com/blog

Apologies to the organizers for my earlier comment, but please no spamming!
Re: International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 by gbengaijot(m): 1:31pm On May 16, 2006
I can also confirm the legitimacy of the program as well. Dayo is a good friend of mine and he is into NGo and youth development. for more information about him you can get to www.dayoisrael.faithweb.com

If you are calling the landphone and is not picked up i will just say that dayo is a london metropolitan student and he is not always in the office.
you can get him via email.
Re: International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 by Reba(f): 4:31pm On May 16, 2006
who qualify to attend this program and I have'nt seen it being advertised in our national TV.
Re: International Summer School For Young Africans, July 2006 by tipsy289(m): 11:16pm On May 17, 2006
very good for the students.

(1) (Reply)

Nim Result 2007 / Please I Need Every Infomation Available On Nigeria Navy And Maritime Schools In Nigeria, Xpecially / Oau Post Ume New Date For 2009/2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.