Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,032 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Dog Breeding Business Newbie..what I Should Know - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Breeding Business Newbie..what I Should Know (1586 Views)

Dog Breeding Business In Nigeria. / Is Dog Breeding Business Lucrative In Nigeria / How To Make Money Breeding Dogs - Starting A Responsible Dog Breeding Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dog Breeding Business Newbie..what I Should Know by yinkavelli(m): 12:11am On May 15, 2013
I'm what you call a omnivorous entrepreneur, and very open minded too as well as eager to learn, i am also profit oriented. that is why i intend to use my love for dogs to start a business of breeding them and then making a profit from sales of pups etc. i intend starting with pedigree dogs like rots and mastiffs. i would really appreciate it if the dog lovers and breeders of nairaland can kindly put me through in things they think i should know before i begin to invest coin, cilver and gold into this business. thanks and God bless.
Yinkavelli
Re: Dog Breeding Business Newbie..what I Should Know by arimahoseloka(m): 12:15pm On May 15, 2013
have in mind to work wit a vet and buy lots of food
Re: Dog Breeding Business Newbie..what I Should Know by dwizy(m): 5:58pm On May 15, 2013
I am also interested in this biz.....some1 help pls.
Re: Dog Breeding Business Newbie..what I Should Know by yinkavelli(m): 7:09pm On May 16, 2013
arimahoseloka: have in mind to work wit a vet and buy lots of food

true that, but what kinds of foods are the best and also i have a poultry farm close to my house. about 10metres from where i intend breeding them, is it ok?or is there some kind of danger?
Re: Dog Breeding Business Newbie..what I Should Know by Josh121(m): 11:51am On Jun 30, 2013
bro how far and how is the business . I need something to keep me busy too . I lost my phone so meet me up on fb
Re: Dog Breeding Business Newbie..what I Should Know by Jovita85: 10:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
This is a very much lucrative business but it is not a get rich quick scheme....it is more of a work hard and make more money. If you have the time and you love dog, I will ask you to venture into this business. For more on this biz you can check out... http://www.123naijabiz.com/2012/08/how-to-start-dog-breeding-business.html
Re: Dog Breeding Business Newbie..what I Should Know by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 31, 2014
Guys hi
Please let me advise you that Dog breeding shouldn't be seen as a "business" but more as a calling
there are a few things you need to know about Dogs - Really Dog lovers see dogs as family members and when you rear them like cattle just for sell it questions you claimed dog lover status.

To breed dogs you need to first and foremost raise dogs and when I say raise I mean from pups to adulthood every breed is unique and has its own special needs. You have to be ready to pay top dollar/naira for certified chipped dogs with proper lineage and you need a certified Vet and possibly a trainer. You need plenty of space and time dogs require plenty of time for exercise and play.

Please don't breed dogs for the sole purpose of making money of selling pups.

here are a few sites you should go through before you start or stop

http://www.wikihow.com/Breed-Dogs

http://www.akc.org/breeders/resp_breeding/Articles/breeder.cfm

I pray u make the best choice.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

6 Weeks Female Rottweiler Puppies For Sale In Abuja / Pure Breed German Shepard Puppies For Sale / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.