Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies (13204 Views)

Female Teenagers Held For Stealing In Lagos (photo) / Imo Police Smash Baby Factory, Nab Impregnator, Rescue 17 Pregnant Teenagers / Baby Merchants: 32 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested In Abia Baby Factory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by Tolexander: 6:19am On May 15, 2013
Enugu – The Enugu State Police Command on Tuesday arrested six pregnant young girls in a home where they were allegedly being prepared to deliver their babies for sale.

The Public Relations Officer of the command, Mr Ebere Amaraizu, said in a statement that the girls were arrested at No. 7, Anyansi Lane, Ogui in Enugu.

He alleged that the girls, aged between 16 years and 17 years, had negotiated with people who would buy their babies after delivery.

Amaraizu confirmed the arrest of three other persons in connection with the incident, saying that investigations are in top gear on the incident.

The police spokesman said the girls were smuggled out of their guardians’ homes.

In a related development, four persons have been arrested for allegedly stealing a 12-day old male child from the mother after delivery in an unnamed maternity home on Ebony Paint road, Awkunanaw, Enugu.

Amaraizu said the arrest of a couple led to the arrest of two others allegedly involved in the incident.

He said the police had recovered the stolen child, who is in good health, while the suspects were helping the police in its investigations. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/6-pregnant-teenagers-nabbed-for-alleged-intention-to-sell-babies/
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by gidson12(m): 7:58am On May 15, 2013
just watch your post would earn itself an executive treatment in FrontPage.....

na me be first ooooo
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by TonySpike: 8:43am On May 15, 2013
Gosh, the usual scenario and proximities. Is there a baby industry booming in part(s) of Nigeria? Will these stories ever end?
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by Tolexander: 8:48am On May 15, 2013
Na rabbit baby dem wan sell!
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by DICKtator: 8:56am On May 15, 2013
This is becoming rampant.tales of baby factories and the likes!!!
Maybe i should open my own!!!!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by AnanseK(m): 8:59am On May 15, 2013
16 and 17 year old mothers and baby merchants! Business is in their blood in those parts!!

1 Like

Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by grandpoh(m): 8:59am On May 15, 2013
Z is GOD dat created dis BEASTS? No,i dnt think so,hw wud u (a teenager) get pregnant at dat tender age only 2 be delivered 4 sale....*cryn 4 d newborn*
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by Kairoseki77: 9:00am On May 15, 2013
I don't understand...

Who is buying these babies? Why are they buying these babies?
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by Janiobi(m): 9:01am On May 15, 2013
Is Nigeria turning from bokko crime to baby 4 sall state?
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by ELgordo(m): 9:03am On May 15, 2013
Damn# 1st day in History EL gordo is 7th to comment! men what are these girls going to use the money to buy BB am sure these girls are as dumb as. some people on Nairaland. . . . . Lame website
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by hrhobi1(m): 9:04am On May 15, 2013
M
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by Ngwakwe: 9:05am On May 15, 2013
It is legal to exchange guardianship of a baby from the conjugal parent to a would be foster parent.

However, it should be done with the consent of the government through its institution. The documentation of this transfer is kept in the registry of adoption.

These "Commercial Children Manufacturers" employees should be educated on how to go about it or at least form a Union and then liaise with the Government on how they will be selling their babies legally.

Tolexander: Na rabbit baby dem wan sell!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by Nonybb: 9:06am On May 15, 2013
this is direct result and consequences of joblessness and high fertility on our men
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by Kaxmytex(m): 9:07am On May 15, 2013
[size=28pt]dem don photoshop dere brain[/size]

1 Like

Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by Ignatio(m): 9:08am On May 15, 2013
No big difference between the dog business and this. Humans getting sold like puppies, the world keeps getting uglier.

1 Like

Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by Lilimax(f): 9:08am On May 15, 2013
Ngwakwe: It is legal to exchange guardianship of a baby from the conjugal parent to a would be foster parent.
However, it should be done with the consent of the government through its institution. The documentation of this transfer is kept in the registry of adoption.
These "Commercial Children Manufacturers" employees should be educated on how to go about it or at least form a Union and then liaise with the Government on how they will be selling their babies legally.
@ bolded- cheesy cheesy Do you think this is possible in Nigeria.
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by Ngwakwe: 9:10am On May 15, 2013
Average of 60,000 babies of Russian origin have been adopted by USA parents within the last 5 to 10 years.

Kairoseki77: I don't understand...

Who is buying these babies? Why are they buying these babies?
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:12am On May 15, 2013
Why do this type of news alwys come from that neck of the woods?
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by Jaideyone(m): 9:12am On May 15, 2013
Nonybb: this is direct result and consequences of joblessness and high fertility on our men
yeah blame it on the men. Mtchew I bet you're one of the people that escaped from that mental home in kenya angry
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by Monzuur(m): 9:17am On May 15, 2013
It is very unsensical 4 codistalize mesaphatical personel to wulirunically sell babies it is d act of taprilarizing d right of little childs and it is very ungodly.......if only d gambritizin ones wil read dis it wil b very trynoristic but i bliv even if d read it won't b of use to them bcoz they av bin ditroziblic addicted
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by Sijo01(f): 9:21am On May 15, 2013
Illiteracy is a disease!!!
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by Bidgogo: 9:25am On May 15, 2013
Na wa ooo! What is happening in our land. Check this out!
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by dridowu: 9:30am On May 15, 2013
Some spend millions to have their own child/children and yet nothing but God bless some without spending a dime yet they want dispose the baby. But God why ?
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by 4chi: 9:34am On May 15, 2013
Hmmnn these "industrious" people again?anyway, as they always say, All na bizness......small time dem go open special Market for babies. Mongrels!

5 Likes

Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:35am On May 15, 2013
please check out my product for sale. he is in good condition, hard-working, etc:

https://www.nairaland.com/703641/son-sale-special-discount
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by farem: 9:40am On May 15, 2013
Must this line of 'Business' only find root in the S/E? I think we need action.
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by oyenco(m): 9:42am On May 15, 2013
Monzuur: It is very unsensical 4 codistalize mesaphatical personel to wulirunically sell babies it is d act of taprilarizing d right of little childs and it is very ungodly.......if only d gambritizin ones wil read dis it wil b very trynoristic but i bliv even if d read it won't b of use to them bcoz they av bin ditroziblic addicted
why are you trying to confuse the poor nairalanders wt ur circumvented grammer plz dont try to meander our brain
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by fitzmayowa: 9:46am On May 15, 2013
farem: Must this line of 'Business' only find root in the S/E? I think we need action.
Baby cartels on the rise in the SE, I think its high the government in that region do something...

1 Like

Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by Jobresolution(m): 9:53am On May 15, 2013
na wao 4 Obodo naija
Re: 6 Pregnant Teenagers Arrested For Intending To Sell Babies by Monzuur(m): 9:58am On May 15, 2013
oyenco: why are you trying to confuse the poor nairalanders wt ur circumvented grammer plz dont try to meander our brain
........did u mean u dnt understand my grammer?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Kills Co-tenant Over Light Bill / Rivers Issues FG 48 Hours To Unmask Those Behind Odili’s House Invasion / 442 Lagos Bus Drivers Take Cocaine —LASG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.