Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna (14797 Views)

11 Killed As Boko Haram Attacks Lake Chad / 4 killed, 7 injured in renewed clash over oil on Anambra/Kogi border / Over 40 Killed In Renewed Nasarawa Attack (2) (3) (4)

11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by mukina2: 11:32am On May 15, 2013
Armed men suspected to be Fulani herdsmen again attacked Zangang village of Atakar Chiefdom in Kaura Local Government area of Kaduna State on Tuesday, killing 11 people.

Many more sustained various degrees of injuries, while others are missing, in the onslaught which started on Saturday and became quite serious by Tuesday.

Narrating the ordeal to newsmen, District Head of Zangang, Yohanna Daniel, whose house was also burnt to ashes and who was thought to have died in the attack, said he escaped death by the whiskers.

According to him, the invaders started their attack on Saturday through Monday and Tuesday, adding that Tuesday’s attack was more deadly, as the gunmen who, he alleged, were Fulani herdsmen, trooped to the village in large numbers, shouting “Allah akbar (Allah is great)” and shooting sporadically at residents.

He recalled that the invaders were dressed in black and red, and wielded AK 47 rifles.

“They were pursuing people like chickens,” he said.

Narrating further, he said, “On Saturday, the Fulani herdsmen came to our residential premises with their cows and one of the boys in the community asked them why they were bringing their cows into our homes.

“Then they opened fire on him, but the boy was lucky, as the bullet missed him and he escaped.

“On Sunday, we did not go to church. They attacked us again. Two of our boys were shot and were rushed to the Jos University Teaching Hospital,JUTH,in Plateau State.

“On Sunday, we sat down and discussed and we said there was the need for us to find a solution to this problem because these people are going about with their cows, carrying sophisticated guns.

“They will enter your farm and once you talk to them, they will open fire on you. We felt this will not help us and we thought there is the need for us to come together and address this issue.

“Soldiers from Plateau and Kaduna states gave order that nobody among my children who have dane guns that they have been using for hunting should use them again.

“Today they were armed with AK47. Those who entered my village were well armed. It was like some of the things I used to watch in the movies.

“They were dressed in black and red, with sophisticated guns. They entered our village and were shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’, they were in large numbers.

“I cannot tell how many they were, but they were in large numbers.

“They started shooting us and everybody was running for his dear life. They were pursuing us like chickens. I was lucky; otherwise you would have heard that the District Head was killed.

“I just managed to escape. When my people didn’t see me, they thought that I was killed. But they burnt my house and several other houses.

“We have discovered 11 corpses and we are just burying the corpses now. We are still searching for more bodies because many people are still missing.

“The police ordered us to do the burial. The police came and took pictures of everything and the names of those who were killed.

“We are under serious threat of elimination here and nobody seems to be telling the world about the danger we are facing in the hands of these Fulanis.

“They go about with AK47 guns and are terrorising our communities. We cannot defend ourselves because we don’t have arms like them. We are really finding it difficult to survive here.

“We are told that there is security, whereas there is no security. If there is security why are these people always attacking us at will and killing us?

“I am a village man, nobody may hear me but I am speaking the truth. The Fulani want to pursue us from our lands,” the district head told newsmen.

The incident was said to have dominated discussions at the State Security Council meeting presided over by Governor Muktar Yero on Tuesday.

Spokesman of the Governor, Ahmed Maiyaki, in a telephone interview said the government was working out a solution to the problem.

According to Maiyaki, “This incident has happened repeatedly, what government has resolved to do is to have direct engagement with the people of this community and the Fulani leadership for a lasting solution.

“Government commiserates with the victims of the unfortunate attack. Government has also directed security agencies to intensify the provision of security,” Maiyaki assured.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/05/15/gunmen-kill-11-in-renewed-violence-in-kaduna/
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by nep2ra(m): 11:35am On May 15, 2013
Sad..
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by GoodSamaritan: 11:36am On May 15, 2013
Are these Fulanis human beings or nematodes?
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by Nobody: 11:37am On May 15, 2013
Fyne, i have told you to leave kaduna and you refused....

Life is more important than white collar job. Nah people pikins dey die no be chicken...
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by Artless360(m): 11:38am On May 15, 2013
Hmmm o naija
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by ebucha: 11:39am On May 15, 2013
Pissed !
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by hyperbaba: 11:40am On May 15, 2013
mukina2:

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/05/15/gunmen-kill-11-in-renewed-violence-in-kaduna/
There was a country NIGERIA. imagine few hours after declaring state of emergency in some states. God should just intervene in our issue because this is seriously getting out of hand.
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by Castos(m): 11:40am On May 15, 2013
F*cking news every f*cking day

Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by AtheistD(m): 11:41am On May 15, 2013
okpara ugo: Fyne, i have told you to leave kaduna and you refused....

Life is more important than white collar job. Nah people pikins dey die no be chicken...

This is not about a job, this is their ancestral home. Where are they going to go?

Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by fallingsky(m): 11:41am On May 15, 2013
Were are the JTF's for Christ Sake.....
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by Nobody: 11:41am On May 15, 2013
Make una no relent o, till them declare state of emergency on every northern state. undecided

Btw, una never ready to divide?
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by trigar12(m): 11:43am On May 15, 2013
Chai! These animals never stop. Nawa o
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by xborr(m): 11:43am On May 15, 2013
the community should form a vigilant group armed with sophisticated weapon

Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by Tolexander: 11:43am On May 15, 2013
State of emergency!

“They started shooting us and
everybody was running for his
dear life. They were pursuing
us like chickens. I was lucky;
otherwise you would have
heard that the District Head
was killed.
these people have to be taught a lesson! They don't even deal with their cattle like this naw!
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by diarra94(m): 11:44am On May 15, 2013
I dont exactly know why we have an army. They go on peace keeping missions around africa but unable to deal with the unjustified loss of lives in this country.

Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by Psylas(m): 11:45am On May 15, 2013
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by olapluto(m): 11:45am On May 15, 2013
I personally think the solution to this constant attack is public execution. If a Fulani is caught to have commited murder, he should be executed publicly. If an 'indigene' kills a fulani, he too should be executed publicly. By the time we legally kill 100 offenders, people will be scared to take laws into their hands. Our justice system is virtually non-existent and now deployed mainly for political use only.

Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by ozodimgba(m): 11:47am On May 15, 2013
Ihe ne- eme!
RIP to the dead.
This is quite unfortunate. cry cry
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by confusion247(m): 11:48am On May 15, 2013
Fulaniiiiiiiii poweraaaaaaa......Nobody should complain because we have One Nigeria as prescribed by Gowon and Awolowo. The fulanis are killing in the spirit of one Nigeria and indivisible north.

Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by Nobody: 11:50am On May 15, 2013
I totally understand that there are good muslims ,

But I think it's safe to say every Muslim is a suspect .

Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by eagleeye2: 11:51am On May 15, 2013
diarra94: I dont exactly know why we have an army. They go on peace keeping missions around africa but unable to deal with the unjustified loss of lives in this country.
If the army should handle this in their own way..... Amnesty Int'l will scream blue murder.

Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by youngdee168(m): 11:51am On May 15, 2013
What is our country turning into? Baba God Help Us...
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by confusion247(m): 11:52am On May 15, 2013
ola_pluto: I personally think the solution to this constant attack is public execution. If a Fulani is caught to have commited murder, he should be executed publicly. If an 'indigene' kills a fulani, he too should be executed publicly. By the time we legally kill 100 offenders, people will be scared to take laws into their hands. Our justice system is virtually non-existent and now deployed mainly for political use only.
You should know that few days from now the sultan of sokoto will ask federal government to grant amnesty to fulani herdsmen involved in this criminal act.

Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by Kslib(m): 11:52am On May 15, 2013
Wait oh!!! Na for north i grow and i dey wonder when fulani begin carry gun sef.. I bin dey think say na only stick dem like..
**shaking my head***
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by pomporiking: 11:53am On May 15, 2013
Make una sey go find ak47 nw or anoda gun to protect yourself..so when dem come next time you sef chase them like chicken Jtf is busy with BH they don't have time for some tribal BS..Deal with it yourselves and stop doing meeting like the cow wey fulani bring enta ur village
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:53am On May 15, 2013
fallingsky: Were are the JTF's for Christ Sake.....
JTF can't be everywhere.
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by Lagusta(m): 11:54am On May 15, 2013
but what's with this fulani stuff

boko today, fulani tomorrow, ombatashe next week, in fact i don taya meeeehn....

God save us all!!!!
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:56am On May 15, 2013
diarra94: I dont exactly know why we have an army. They go on peace keeping missions around africa but unable to deal with the unjustified loss of lives in this country.
They're facing a different kind of threat in Nigeria. It's more complicated than you can imagine.
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by odiman: 11:56am On May 15, 2013
State of emergency to my believe would not solve the problem at hand. Plateau the was once under emergency rule during OBJ administration how did it pay off. I sincerely believe that is only intelligent flight that can be used to win such flight. The government should first and foremost track down their means of weapon, finance and unmask those behind the mast this can be revile by those people already cut. Check round the world where such insurgency flight is fought weapon to weapon has never been worn. tongue
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:57am On May 15, 2013
They're facing a different kind of threat in Nigeria. It's more complicated than you can imagine.
Re: 11 Killed In Renewed Violence In Kaduna by Lagusta(m): 11:57am On May 15, 2013
Imanuelle: I totally understand that there are good muslims ,

But I think it's safe to say every Muslim is a suspect .

including me abi smd

Check If Your National E-id Card Is Ready For Pickup Here / We Are Not Part Of Governors Forum Reconciliation / DHQ Says Shekau’s End Near, 15 Terrorists Killed In Borno