Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! (277009 Views)

Zenith Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2016 / Sterling Bank Graduate Employment / Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Programme 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by xtanburg: 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2013
@dhelper10,

Like I said in my previous lengthy post, U have to read different scenarios and select answers from your given options. I dnt think U need GMAT, but in-case, U might still prepare for it. Their tactic might have changed. the test time might be around 30 -50mins cant really remember that part now. the group discussion was 25mins. Might change this year dunno.4
Just prepare, I think I have given enough clues to chew on.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by mobolas: 1:45pm On Oct 25, 2013
Please house! Has anybody receive SMS for a new date for the assessment centre?
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Happinext(m): 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
expect scenerio based questions mainly based on True, False, cant say. about 20 questions to be answered in 15 mins.
its simple, but just be fast. dont waste time on calculation as u can come back to ans them later if u still have time.

more to come
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
xtanburg: @dhelper10,

Like I said in my previous lengthy post, U have to read different scenarios and select answers from your given options. I dnt think U need GMAT, but in-case, U might still prepare for it. Their tactic might have changed. the test time might be around 30 -50mins cant really remember that part now. the group discussion was 25mins. Might change this year dunno.4

Cheers
is it that everybody is going to do the presentation or is it that one person from the goup will do the presentation?
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by oyakhilomedest: 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
ANY news on the first bank assessment centre for lagos that was postponed
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by tolydewx(f): 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
After d presentation, u'll go thru d interview stage, ds u'll b asked ur strenght, weakness, whr uv held a leadership role, wat process improvement idea do u have, ur level of creativity, alwaz remember to say u r a good team player, and u most prove and explain whr and how u were active as a team member and a team player.
@xtanburg, thanks for the info. Please I have a question? Wat process improvement idea do u have is it for FBN or for the leadership role the person had played.
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Makpenen(m): 7:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
Is it every successful applicant in all d test centers across d country dat will b going to Enugu or only those who write d first test in d South South and South East? Any body who write in Ibadan center and Lagos center here?
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by xtanburg: 7:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
@Tolydex...
FBN is into retail banking and d bank has the highest branch network. So think abt wat process they need 2 adopt to deliver seamless service solution and give a plus 1 customer delight. Look @ FBN's strong compietitor in retail banking and what they r doing 2 outplay FBN.
U can also focus on d ideology dat FBN is meant 4 d old, amd try to advice on how fbn can win d youth segment d GTB n diamoind bank is thriving now.
Thr r lots of tins 2 tlk abt. If I start I no go finish walahi...

No go quote me word 4 word, dem fit no ask U ds 1 ooo. Na mk u jst prepare na y I dey give u wetin 2 prepare with.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by tonydoes: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
Many thanks Xtanburg your help has been great, like someone asked earlier, will the group need to select one person to Present for the group or will the group apportion slides to every one to take in turns..thanks again!!
xtanburg: @Tolydex...
FBN is into retail banking and d bank has the highest branch network. So think abt wat process they need 2 adopt to deliver seamless service solution and give a plus 1 customer delight. Look @ FBN's strong compietitor in retail banking and what they r doing 2 outplay FBN.
U can also focus on d ideology dat FBN is meant 4 d old, amd try to advice on how fbn can win d youth segment d GTB n diamoind bank is thriving now.

No go quote me word 4 word, dem fit no ask U ds 1 ooo. Na mk u jst prepare na y I dey give u wetin 2 prepare with.
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Dynssy: 11:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
xtanburg: @Dynssy...
Well, opting to do d documentation on behalf of d team, may be likened to u being open and ready to take responsibility. Another plus 4 u tho, but its nt a guarantee 4 u oo if u no contribute in d discussion, u might loose points and not be selected. I can remember during my AC d bloke that volunteered to write on behalf of d team didn't make it. We were 6 in d team and twas only two persons in my group that made it thru. So u cld opt to assist d team, but bring in ur A game and contribute in d discussion.

Secondly, d Personality test will be administered to U in ur own comfort zone(ur home or office). A link will be sent to u and twill be timed.

Hope this helps...

Regards

Thank u so much. I'll remember not to volunteer #smiles
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by seeker88(m): 12:21am On Oct 26, 2013
xtanburg: @Tolydex...

Thanks a lot bro, your contribution and clues are really helping.....more of Gods blessings to you Oºº°˚˚˚°º☺

xtanburg: After which u will be divided into groups and then u'll be given a scenario to discuss with ur group.

Hope the scenario for d group discussion is a scenario/topic that d non-commercial candidates can contribute to effectively? Or is d scenario usually a pure banking issues

1 Like

Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by xtanburg: 1:00am On Oct 26, 2013
tonydoes: Many thanks Xtanburg your help has been great, like someone asked earlier, will the group need to select one person to Present for the group or will the group apportion slides to every one to take in turns..thanks again!!

Nooo, D group discussion is to test ur team participation and how well u can function as a team member. No one presents 4 d group, dey jst want to kn hw u can contribute to a team's growth and add value with ur infallible suggestions without shouting any1 down or interupting, giving each team member a fair hearing session.

Secondly, d addendum contains a case study U still need 2 read on ur own(not as a group or with a team), every1 has different addendum which u'll read and deduce ur finding and solutions in PPslide b4 U present to the panel.

No one will be appointed to speak on behalf of ur team, U can only appoint som1 to take down suggested points whc will still b submitted to ur Panelist.

Pls note: Last years group discussion was somewhat related to d addendum given, so twas easy to decipher solutions. Pls dnt forget to tk notes also during ur team discussIon, the panelist might decide not 2 ask 4 some1 2 tk d lead in taking note 4 d team, he/she might jst pick on u 2 submit ur own write-up. Expect anything, so bring ur A-game and be ready 4 anyfn.

Note: d group will nt appoint any1 4 anything, even 4 d presentation, as soon as U r accredited 2 participate in d AC, U are 100% on ur own even 4 d Group discussion, they only wanna observe ur team participation, ur confidence, vocal wit, presnetation and writing skill, hw well u can overcome pressure and still proffer solution to customer queries or organizational challenges.

Nobody dey know finish 4 AC, be calm, collected and set ur eyes on d goal, don't argue, use filler words(like yes, very true, absolutely, good, nice) and nod ur head to ur team members contibutions, as u write dnt be distracted or focus on writing, contribute to d discussion ooooooooo. Dress well, slp well, arrive on time and pls give FBN a reason 2 pick every1.

Cheers....

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Dynssy: 2:42am On Oct 26, 2013
Our very own Sir Xtanburg posted here at 1.00am. Atleast dats wat nairaland tells me. Though d post has bn hidden (or wateva it is dat hapnd to it), I want to say a big Thank u to him 4 taking d pains and tym off an obviously tyght schedule to enlighten us all. Evn more so wn d lots of us were fast aslp. Did I just say thank u Thanks agn.

Anyways, dis bro has posted so much sense dat he's earned d ryt to post crap (though I'm sure he's hardly capable of formulating crap. #smiles). All I'm saying is, UN-HIDE HIS POST!!! Wateva it is, I want to c it (I'm sure I'm not alone on dis)

1 Like

Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by nuRich: 4:15am On Oct 26, 2013
noble c.:
I just got a text message this evening of assessment centre at Enugu on the 28th.
Please let us have details of your Monday interview when u're done. One love!
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by nuRich: 4:35am On Oct 26, 2013
xtanburg: @ all, I've been reading thru ds thread, quite interesting but
Lemme share with U my experience @ d FBN AC.

First of all, congrats to all who got the sms invite to the assessment centre, don't rejoice yet cus there is more shreading to b done, they r still gonna slect d best of d best. So listen carefully and follow my precept line by line. FBN might not tk more dan 100-250 new trainees nationwide. So b guided

Once U get to d AC,U'll go thru d accreditation stage. After accreditation, U will take another aptitude test, but more likened to an ability test where u'll have to think thru the scenario and choose answers from the options provided.

After which u will be divided into groups and then u'll be given a scenario to discuss with ur group. Don't argue or shout any1 down, nor interrupt, make sure U give points and make reasonable sense, don't repeat ur suggestions or findings. Smile while responding and if its possible, be the one to take down points and be concise about it, as the supervisor will ask that u submit ur findings on behalf of ur group.

Then an "addendum" will be given which u'll have to read thru to prepare ur slide. U shouldn't have more than 6-10slides, bur make it detailed if u can use animations to drive ur points from the addendum given, good one also. Pls note that u will be given 15mins to prepare ur slide and 5mins 2 present it. Remember while u r discussing with ur team, read ur addendum n note ur points. Then u'll butteress on ur point in ur slide presentation. Don't write stories, just give bullet points then explain thats why its called a powerpoint presentation. Be confident and bold, smile and focused, be sure of whatever point u make, even when they counter U and say u r wrong,always reinsist that to d best of ur own knowledge and how its obtainable(relating to ur addendum) that's wat u think. And remember to intoduce urself and what u r presenting and den thank d panel @ d end of ur presentation. Then remember don't stutter or sound unsure, twill count against U. Remember its 5mins 4 presentation and 20mins 4 preparing ur PPslide. Pls be confident ooooooo. Its germaine. And pls be calm and breatheeeeee, hold ur breathe and control ur pulse, anxiety and over excitement.

After d presentation, u'll go thru d interview stage, ds u'll b asked ur strenght, weakness, whr uv held a leadership role, wat process improvement idea do u have, ur level of creativity, alwaz remember to say u r a good team player, and u most prove and explain whr and how u were active as a team member and a team player. If u fit lie, lie ooo, nobody go ask U if na true or na lie, what is ur passion, why firstbank, why do u think we shld hire U, then know stuffs about FBN generally and read different interview questions.

Then after u r done for dat day. A week later u'll get an sms and email inviting u for a personality test. Then after answering it,u'll be sent an sms to update ur location, that whr u choose whr u wanna work, after which u'll wait as the whole process will be computed u must have a certain percentage score b4 u'll be invited to training sch, dats getting the almighty sms from FBN inviting U 4 medicals and training sch. So now yam and knife dey una hand.

I was at the assessment centre last year, made it to the training sch and FBN. Training sch was another interesting place. Quite Intensivvvvvvvvvvvvvve but fun. But above all prepare, prepare and prepare and pray pray pray as much as U can. Commit all to God and ask 4 favour. No overdo, remember overskill dey kill monkey.

Respectfully,
Xtanburg

Wish u all success and the best. Cheers

In addition, pls note that U shld try and prepare for essay writing also, garnish urself with the trends happening in d Nigerian Banking system and financial sector. Its the new trend in assessment centres, nt sure if workforce/FBN will adopt dat style. Bur its rather u prepare 4 d worse dan taken unaware.

Hope this helps. But on d whole, do Have a great one peeps...
Lemme know if u have any questions, and as soon as I'm free 2 respond, I'll fill d house in. Pls censor ur questions as I won't answer all.
GOD BLESS YOU!
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by nuRich: 4:40am On Oct 26, 2013
Happinext: expect scenerio based questions mainly based on True, False, cant say. about 20 questions to be answered in 15 mins.
its simple, but just be fast. dont waste time on calculation as u can come back to ans them later if u still have time.

more to come
You mean the test or scenario exercise could involve calculations, which type, pls?
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by KaceeDcontrol(m): 5:05am On Oct 26, 2013
Pls Xtanburg is the topic for individual presentation related to/same as what ur grp discussed?
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by xtanburg: 6:13am On Oct 26, 2013
@dynssy, I responded to @Tonydoes last question @1am, and ds was wat I responded with......

Nooo, D group discussion is to test ur team participation and how well u can function as a team member. No one presents 4 d group, dey jst want to kn hw u can contribute to a team's growth and add value with ur infallible suggestions without shouting any1 down or interupting, giving each team member a fair hearing session.

Secondly, d addendum contains a case study U still need 2 read on ur own(not as a group or with a team), every1 has different addendum which u'll read and deduce ur finding and solutions in PPslide b4 U present to the panel.

No one will be appointed to speak on behalf of ur team, U can only appoint som1 to take down suggested points whc will still b submitted to ur Panelist.

Pls note: Last years group discussion was somewhat related to d addendum given, so twas easy to decipher solutions. Pls dnt forget to tk notes also during ur team discussIon, the panelist might decide not 2 ask 4 some1 2 tk d lead in taking note 4 d team, he/she might jst pick on u 2 submit ur own write-up. Expect anything, so bring ur A-game and be ready 4 anyfn.

Note: d group will nt appoint any1 4 anything, even 4 d presentation, as soon as U r accredited 2 participate in d AC, U are 100% on ur own even 4 d Group discussion, they only wanna observe ur team participation, ur confidence, vocal wit, presnetation and writing skill, hw well u can overcome pressure and still proffer solution to customer queries or organizational challenges.

Nobody dey know finish 4 AC, be calm, collected and set ur eyes on d goal, don't argue, use filler words(like yes, very true, absolutely, good, nice) and nod ur head to ur team members contibutions, as u write dnt be distracted or focus on writing, contribute to d discussion ooooooooo. Dress well, slp well, arrive on time and pls give FBN a reason 2 pick every1.

Cheers....
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by mobolas: 7:08am On Oct 26, 2013
xtanburg: @dynssy, I responded to @Tonydoes last question @1am, and ds was wat I responded with......

Bro! Thanks in millions time for the info.

Cheers....
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by cyril125: 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2013
@Xtanburg:Thanks for all your advise,May God richly bless you.....Pls I want to ask d Ability test is it paper based or electronic based and wat scenario were U given last yr......Was it businness related or was it on nationa issues(Boko haram,cashless policy etc)......I mean both ur addendum and Group cases?
Thanks again......Pls reply ASAP
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by xtanburg: 1:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
@Cyril123... D ability test is paper based.

The case study was abt service and Process improvement, while d addendum was abt an issue with d staff leaving to anoda bank. So I was ask to make a PP presentation highlighting d problems and causes, den advice d Strategic Recruitment manager on how to control the issue, and to those who already had a soured taste and have made up their mind to leave(port), what corrective measure cld be adopted to retain them and still win tehm back. Sounds easy tho, but u have jst 15mins 2 prepare ur slides, master ur lines and present it to d panel in 5mins. Hp ds helps

1 Like

Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by dhelper10: 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
xtanburg: @dhelper10,

Cheers
Tanx bro
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by cyril125: 8:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
xtanburg: @Cyril123... D ability test is paper based.

The case study was abt service and Process improvement, while d addendum was abt an issue with d staff leaving to anoda bank. So I was ask to make a PP presentation highlighting d problems and causes, den advice d Strategic Recruitment manager on how to control the issue, and to those who already had a soured taste and have made up their mind to leave(port), what corrective measure cld be adopted to retain them and still win tehm back. Sounds easy tho, but u have jst 15mins 2 prepare ur slides, master ur lines and present it to d panel in 5mins. Hp ds helps

Thanks Bro,Pls where U given a Brief(Document) of the case which contained what U were asked to proffer solutions to(Causes,Future Preventive measures) I mean in d case of ur addendum or Did U give d causes,challenges and proffer solutions on ur own.....I mean without d brief........wat am saying is dat was d ansas 2 ur PP on d addendum or did U Logically reason dem out?
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by cyril125: 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
@Xtanburg and all: Does First bank practice Retail or Commercial Banking? Pls whats the difference and wat does First bank practice?
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Dynssy: 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
Xtanburg, I've sn ur response, thanks a zillion. Ure officially d sweetest guy on NL #winks. May The Good Lord richly reward u, amen.
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by xtanburg: 7:44am On Oct 27, 2013
@Cyril125...U have 2 read d addendum den ur answers wld be explnd in ur PP.

Secondly, FBN is a one stop shop 4 all banking services whc include Retail,Wholesale/commercial, corporate, Institutional,private and disapora banking. But basically FBN's strenght is Retail Banking and they hold sway in other arrays of banking solutions with over 750 branch network.

Retail deals with d average earner, that's whr Saving and current a/c falls in.
Wholesale/commercial deals with SMEs(small and medium scale biz)
Corporate deals with structured firms, and emerging corporate firm.
Institutional deals with Multinational corporations Oil and gas, telcom, building and construction, capital markt, manufacturing, conglomerate etc
Private deal with HNIs ( High networth Individuals), multi millonaire etc
Diaspora deals with Nigerians in foreign countries and continents.

Hope this helps...
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by flairlady(f): 7:45am On Oct 27, 2013
I just got this message.First Bank Trainee Phase 2.Please be informed that the assessment centre in Abuja would commence on 31/10/13.Venue and time would be communicated soon.This is the first message am getting am workforce.does this means they are still shortlisting?who else got this?
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by bibiji(f): 11:58am On Oct 27, 2013
@Fairlady, I also got d msg dis morning around 4:46am and its d first am receiving 4 abuja on d 31st. Pls odas in our shoes shd indicate. God wil c us tru!
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by cyril125: 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2013
xtanburg: @Cyril125...U have 2 read d addendum den ur answers wld be explnd in ur PP.

Secondly, FBN is a one stop shop 4 all banking services whc include Retail,Wholesale/commercial, corporate, Institutional,private and disapora banking. But basically FBN's strenght is Retail Banking and they hold sway in other arrays of banking solutions with over 750 branch network.

Retail deals with d average earner, that's whr Saving and current a/c falls in.
Wholesale/commercial deals with SMEs(small and medium scale biz)
Corporate deals with structured firms, and emerging corporate firm.
Institutional deals with Multinational corporations Oil and gas, telcom, building and construction, capital markt, manufacturing, conglomerate etc
Private deal with HNIs ( High networth Individuals), multi millonaire etc
Diaspora deals with Nigerians in foreign countries and continents.

Hope this helps...
@Xtanburg:Thanks so much,am very grateful,May God who did it for U last yr also do it for us dis year........Pls remember us in your prayers
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by Dynssy: 4:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
flairlady: I just got this message.First Bank Trainee Phase 2.Please be informed that the assessment centre in Abuja would commence on 31/10/13.Venue and time would be communicated soon.This is the first message am getting am workforce.does this means they are still shortlisting?who else got this?

Hmmmm... Na wa ooooo. I got d 1st msg but I hvnt received dis one. Hope I'm safe....
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by mobolas: 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2013
Hope most of us that received the first SMS will still receive the new one. Lagos assessment centre candidates where are you? Has anyone receive SMS from workforce? Pls responds ASAP.
Re: First Bank Graduate Trainee Recruitment From May 16-30, 2013-apply Now!!! by olayideg: 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
Pls wat is happening to workforce and nairaland? I have not gotten another text from them o and am abuja hopeful

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (85) (Reply)

PwC Nigeria 2016 Graduate Recruitment / Application For GTBank Entry Level Programme / CBN Test.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.