Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! (1128 Views)

Qatar Forfeits Match Over Hijab Ban / Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab) / Muslim Students Reject Hijab Ban In Lagos Public Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by siddiq202(m): 9:10pm On May 15, 2013
PRESS RELEASE: HIJAB BAN, MRS OLADUNJOYE LIED TO THE WORLD!!!

The attention of the Muslim Students' Society of Nigeria (MSSN) Lagos State Area Unit has been drawn to the purported ban on the use of Hijab in Lagos State public Schools by the state government.

The State Commissioner for Education, Mrs Olayinka Oladunjoye, was widely quoted in the media claiming that the decision to ban the use of hijab was a consensus reached at a 'stakeholders' meeting chaired by the Commissioner for Home Affairs and Culture Mr Oyinlomo Danmole.

We want to state unequivocally that the claim of Mrs Oladunjoye was an absolute lie and an attempt to obtruct the course of justice.

The commissioner claimed in her statement to the media that the MSSN representatives were at the so called stakeholders' meeting where the decision to ban the hijab was taken. This is ridiculous. How can we be demanding that the right of Muslims to use hijab in schools be given them and at the same time we will consent to a 'consensus' that is anti-thetical to our demand? We were never invited for any meeting at any point in time!

Let us state here that the state government had reneged on its agreement to call us for dialogue since our mass protest of Februarry 28, 2013 to the Governor's Office in Alausa. The state government did not only reneged on all agreements but also ensured through delay tactics that the case is swept under the carpet.

The pronouncement by the commissioner is an after thought and a flagrant disrespect for the rule of law. We have already served the government court notice on the issue and Justice Oyewole of the State High Court had fixed May 27, 2013 for hearing of our suit. So, we wonder why the commissioner, who we believe, knows the position of the law, would come out to make such irresponsible pronouncement. Her action makes us to question her professional integrity as a lawyer!

We therefore advised governor Babatunde Fashola to caution this woman before she destroyed the integrity left in the government.

Such personalities like Mrs Oladunjoye and her co-travellers are not fit for public positionand should henceforth be removed from office.

As we have stated in our previous positions, we will employ all legal and peaceful means to ensure our rights are not denied us. The constitution of Nigeria recognises the right to use hijab in schools and nobody can take it away from us.

We will not relent!

Thanks.

Sulaimon Alamutu

PRO, MSSN Lagos State Area Unit

source: MSSN Lagos facebook page

1 Like

Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by zugoboss(m): 9:23pm On May 15, 2013
Hmm,these people don come again!
Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by tbaba1234: 9:27pm On May 15, 2013
There is no way, this will stand. There is a court judgement which already clarifies the position of the law. It is ridiculous that this is happening when we have a muslim governor.
Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by vedaxcool(m): 9:28pm On May 15, 2013
I was taken aback when I read that representative of muslims agreed to such a ban! I am happy they have come out to expose the lie, one wonders why govt. Officials would resort to lies and treachery to serve the people, don't they know nothing last forever? Anyway may Allah grant us victory in the court! Amin. Lagos definitely is not France, and muslim cannot become oppressed majority in their own state! I am happy the MSSN states clearly they intend to pursue this issue peacefully! Now it is over to the court to prove that the common man has a place he can uphold his rights!
Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by siddiq202(m): 9:45pm On May 15, 2013
I think this should make front page, so that people can be aware that the commissioner lied about the matter. And also to be informed that the case is in the court!

1 Like

Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by confusion247(m): 9:48pm On May 15, 2013
To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam.
Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by confusion247(m): 10:00pm On May 15, 2013
siddiq202: I think this should make front page, so that people can be aware that the commissioner lied about the matter. And also to be informed that the case is in the court!
If the governor has no right to ban Hijab in public schools in his state, may be Sani yerima has no right to declare sharia law in zamfara state during his time as governor. Kindly point it out in our constitution where hijab is allowed in public schools.
Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by siddiq202(m): 10:01pm On May 15, 2013
tbaba1234: There is no way, this will stand. There is a court judgement which already clarifies the position of the law. It is ridiculous that this is happening when we have a muslim governor.

You beat me to that. To think that he ordered for the demolition of mosques at Ikeja also baffles me.
Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by vedaxcool(m): 10:03pm On May 15, 2013
confusion247:
If the governor has no right to ban Hijab in public schools in his state, may be Sani yerima has no right to declare sharia law in zamfara state during his time as governor. Kindly point it out in our constitution where hijab is allowed in public schools.

Feeling jittery? grin grin the Court will decide, if u or anyone else felt they had a case then, you guys should have used the court instead of mourning in pains

Mods please front page!
Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by siddiq202(m): 10:04pm On May 15, 2013
confusion247:
Your question has been answered over and over again.

You can make use of the search engine to avoid repetition. Thanks
Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by confusion247(m): 10:18pm On May 15, 2013
siddiq202:
Your question has been answered over and over again.

You can make use of the search engine to avoid repetition. Thanks
There is nothing like repetition here, just answer my question.
Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by confusion247(m): 10:20pm On May 15, 2013
vedaxcool:

Feeling jittery? grin grin the Court will decide, if u or anyone else felt they had a case then, you guys should have used the court instead of mourning in pains

Mods please front page!
I am sure you are confused about the constitutional powers of a governor. I am also sure you don't know the difference between government schools and public schools. I am also sure you don't know what school uniform stand for.

1 Like

Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by vedaxcool(m): 10:25pm On May 15, 2013
confusion247:
I am sure you are confused about the constitutional powers of a governor. I am also sure you don't know the difference between government schools and public schools. I am also sure you don't know what school uniform stand for.

Confusion is your name, the court will determine who is confused, apparently the governor now has powers to override the court in your constitutional powers? Truly u are confused! grin grin a uniform stand for confusion abi? Abeg go sleep, like I said the Court would determine who is encroaching on anothers man's right abi na woman's right! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by siddiq202(m): 10:33pm On May 15, 2013
confusion247:
There is nothing like repetition here, just answer my question.
You are not aware of the section in the constitution that allowed you to practise your religion freely everywhere? For your information, hijab is mandatory for muslim women and girls. Hence, they should be allowed to wear it to anywhere they are going according to the constitution.

Wait o. I just scanned through your question again, you really want me to point out in the constitution where it is stated to use hijab in public schools?

You must be one heck of a joke. Like seriously everything should be specifically stated in the constitution? grin
Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by Coldfeet(f): 11:04pm On May 15, 2013
The day you people will come out openly and protest over the insane massacre going on in the north and demand that your brothers and sisters drop arms and embrace dialogue then I will take you people serious! But till then you all are a toothless barking dog!!!!!!! And hypocrites of the highest order!!! Imaging all this noise over a piece of cloth?? When human blood is being shed daily all in the name of God knows what.
Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by olawaleqaasim(m): 7:23am On May 16, 2013
It is a statement of fact that there is unrest in d northern Nigeria, but it has also been clamoured overtime that Islam doesn't support such tinz and should not be in anyway related to Islam.
on another end, if one so claims that we are clamouring over a piece of cloth, then I wonder what understanding of a religion that person has (no offence meant). Perhaps, his/her religion stops in the house of worship (so to say). It is worth noting that Islam as a religion is a 'Comprehensive way of Life', that keeps u in contact with God EVERYTIME (that I can categorically state). So, anyone who claims to be a Muslim is affected spiritually, economically, socially, philosophically and appearance wise, by the TENETS of God's rule.

People should take their times to study what Islam is all about before resulting to blasphemy.
In Allah we trust and May He grant us Success over this.....hijaab for eternity#
Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by AbdH: 4:14pm On May 16, 2013
Coldfeet: The day you people will come out openly and protest over the insane massacre going on in the north and demand that your brothers and sisters drop arms and embrace dialogue then I will take you people serious! But till then you all are a toothless barking dog!!!!!!! And hypocrites of the highest order!!! Imaging all this noise over a piece of cloth?? When human blood is being shed daily all in the name of God knows what.
It is not just a piece of cloth, it was ordered by Allah and has to be worn irrespective of what you wear.
If the fire for fire tactics that JTF have been using against Boko haram hasn't stopped them yet, I wonder how an ordinary protest will stop them. The last time I checked, they were killing Muslims who don't support them. Don't you think that holding a protest will spell danger for well meaning Muslims? They will be sitting ducks in such a protest.
All we want is equality. If a girl is allowed to open her hair in the school without any problem, I don't know why another girl who wants to cover herself can't be allowed to do that.

2 Likes

Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by vedaxcool(m): 4:37pm On May 16, 2013
^

Well put, but useless comment like hers shouldn't been given any form of answers, remember that age long solution to foolishness, using silence!

1 Like

Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by hadbak: 6:46pm On May 16, 2013
Tis is a very simple thing to deal wit. Even countries dat are more advance dan ours do it. Dey shld just make d Hijab part of d uniform for d muslim female pupil n life continues. even in d north, dats how it works in d govt schls. We shouldn't forget dat d curent dresing code in d public schls was broght by d xtian colonial masters,it only suit d xtianity culture n not ours n in as much as d Nig constitutn isn't against it y shld it even be an issue to delibrate on?. Our religion cherish modesty for women, We demand justice to d done n with imidiate efect.
Mrs minister n Govt Fashola, I'm rili disapointd!
May Allah grant d ummah victory on tis issue, ameen!
Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by AbdH: 7:15pm On May 16, 2013
vedaxcool: ^

Well put, but useless comment like hers shouldn't been given any form of answers, remember that age long solution to foolishness, using silence!
It is a pity that even women harbour so much hatred in their hearts. Not everybody that smiles at you truly loves you.
Advice taken.

1 Like

Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by vedaxcool(m): 7:03pm On May 17, 2013
^
Pleasure, nl Is really a poo hole, she apparently is one of its victim, the in-thing now on NL is to call for the death of muslims or jubilate whenever muslims are killed! When things degenerate to such a level we have to conclude some people are plain psychos, and the stench of the poo hole(nl) is beginning to disorientate such people!
Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by siddiq202(m): 7:29pm On May 17, 2013
^^Now, that's harsh.
Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by tintingz(m): 8:58pm On May 17, 2013
Coldfeet: The day you people will come out openly and protest over the insane massacre going on in the north and demand that your brothers and sisters drop arms and embrace dialogue then I will take you people serious! But till then you all are a toothless barking dog!!!!!!! And hypocrites of the highest order!!! Imaging all this noise over a piece of cloth?? When human blood is being shed daily all in the name of God knows what.
what is this one saying...
Re: Press Release: Hijab Ban, Mrs Oladunjoye Lied To The World!!! by AbdH: 9:10pm On May 17, 2013
siddiq202: ^^Now, that's harsh.
I believe he has seen a lot on Nairaland hence his comment.
His comment seems harsh only because it is the truth. Islam has been subjected to too much slander that you begin to wonder how it still maintains its solid footing. Bro, beware of people who bear no arms but plan to cause more havoc to Islam and Muslims with their tongues and the fingers with which they write.
Not everyone who says he loves you really does. The internet has really shown that Muslims are more tolerant.

(1) (Reply)

Islam: ''The Religion Of Peace''Indeed!!!(A Must Read) / Algerians Eat Lunch In Ramadan Protest / Ramadan: 20 Arrested For Refusing To Fast In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.