Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin (1751 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / Where Is That Guy That Wanted To Kill Himself? / How To Avoid Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by ogbonnaya(m): 1:49pm On May 15, 2006
if in a case where one is trying to avoid sin killed himself. for instance you are avoiding a rape and stab yourself will god consider the person.
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by edatika(m): 2:51pm On May 15, 2006
suicide is the worst of all sins,
if u kill some1 is terrible
but to kill oneself!!!, cry cry

one can always look for ways out of "trouble"
pray well, and God will save you from temptations
and such extreme situations,

suicide??, NO EXCUSE
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by eveseh(f): 3:04pm On May 15, 2006
suicide is not good,i wont kill myself
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by mukina2: 3:08pm On May 15, 2006
commiting suicide is already a sin, so i dont know wat sin a person wants to avoid
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by kimba(m): 11:04pm On May 15, 2006
@ogbonnaya
if in a case where one is trying to avoid sin killed himself. for instance you are avoiding a rape and stab yourself will god consider the person.

You mean for example: a man can be in the actual/physical process of raping a woman, and he wont be able to stop himself from committing the crime, if he really wants to?

If truly, he cant control himself anymore, and he cant desist from a bastardly act, then I dont see him having the guts to stab himself.

Murder is Murder 360 degrees!!
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by hotangel2(f): 4:44am On May 16, 2006
uhmm, okay wait oo.

If u r trying to avoid sin, which means u r a good christian, then i dont think God wil put u in a situation u can't handle.

he'll actually be there to save u.
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by DaHitler(m): 10:50am On May 16, 2006
Suicide is always an option. Pay no attention to these mis-guided persons of faith. If God (if such a thing existed) did not intend for people to kill themselves he would not have given people that option.

This is similar to leaving a newly born baby to play on the top of a building. Surely, there is a possibility that that the baby would jump of the edge of the building. There is nothing free in this world, and with choices comes responsible. God gave us the choice to do what we want (supposedly) that same God is responsible for whatever we do.
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by kimba(m): 5:46pm On May 17, 2006
@Afeni
Suicide is always an option. Pay no attention to these mis-guided persons of faith. If God (if such a thing existed) did not intend for people to kill themselves he would not have given people that option,
Are you this bad?

You know peeps could see your post and take it as a motivation and kill themselves. Would you be guiltless before God?
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by DaHitler(m): 5:50pm On May 17, 2006
I am just being honest. I did not recommend that anyone kill themselve, I merely stated the reality.

I am going to ignore your comment about "guiltless before God" because I refuse to entertain such line of thought.
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by beyunce(f): 8:50am On May 18, 2006
Suicide alone is sin. so let me say the only way to avoid sin is to stay away from it.
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by kimba(m): 10:19pm On May 18, 2006
@Afeni
You shouldnt be bothered about my statement "guiltless before God".

Anyway, since you dont believe in God in the first place, so i dont think it should affecting you,

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

is it affecting you?
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by DaHitler(m): 10:55pm On May 18, 2006
I never said I don't believe in God. I just don't think there is enough information to come to a definate conclusion.
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by layi(m): 12:51pm On May 19, 2006
Afeni:

I never said I don't believe in God. I just don't think there is enough information to come to a definate conclusion.
You sound too intelligent to make such a post. You can't sit on the fence. you simply don't believe in the existence of GOD.

Afeni:

Suicide is always an option. Pay no attention to these mis-guided persons of faith. If God (if such a thing existed) did not intend for people to kill themselves he would not have given people that option.
,  God gave us the choice to do what we want (supposedly) that same God is responsible for whatever we do.

Your freewill makes you human. Should God be held responsible for making you human and not a robot.

Suicide is never an option. There is no sin too hard to bear. It becomes difficult when u consider the effect of not conceeding. However, God is never mad at you because of sin. You are only harming yourself and giving the devil an oppotunity to strike by so doing. "whosoever breaks the edge, the serpent will bite".
knowledge is power. People die of ignorance and mis-education.
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by DaHitler(m): 3:46pm On May 19, 2006
I am no more intelligent than anyone else. And I still stand by my previous comment that there is not enough evidence to come to a definate conclusion on the existence of God.

There is no such thing as Free. It is a lie that is spread by the elite to keep the populace in their cages.
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by layi(m): 4:17pm On May 20, 2006
Afeni:

There is no such thing as Free.

What do you pay for the air you breathe or the life you live?
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by DaHitler(m): 4:23pm On May 20, 2006
Does it not take effort for you to breath air?

Would you be alive if you fail to adhere to certain rules (Eating, Drink e.t.c.)

Just because an action or thing cannot be valued in the form of money, does not make it free. Like I said before, there is no such thing as free.
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by layi(m): 4:42pm On May 20, 2006
Rather it takes efforts for you not to breathe and you did absolutely nothing to get the life in your blood today. your parents or god gave u free.

Anyway back to the topic. suicide is never a way out. Its a sign of defeat. There is absolutely nothing worth commiting suicide. even the dreaded aids later on got a cure.
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by DaHitler(m): 4:46pm On May 20, 2006
There is no cure for aids.

And if you think about breathing, you have to do it manually. It is only automatic, if you do not think about it. And it is still not free because your body has to spend energy to collect and utilize the air.

Its also funny how a Christian or Muslim Nigerian (I think that is what you are) would have the balls to talk about defeatism. Back into your cage, little one, before I decide to tell you where your precious Gods came from. kiss
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by layi(m): 4:58pm On May 20, 2006
Afeni:

There is no cure for aids.

you obviously need information bro. Check out www.csa54.info

Afeni:

And if you think about breathing, you have to do it manually. It is only automatic, if you do not think about it. And it is still not free because your body has to spend energy to collect and utilize the air.
my question again was "what do u pay for the air you breathe?" not how do u breathe.

Afeni:

Its also funny how a Christian or Muslim Nigerian (I think that is what you are) would have the balls to talk about defeatism. Back into your cage, little one, before I decide to tell you where your precious Gods came from. kiss
? Confusing paragraph. It'll be nice you break points not personalities. We are all little anyway.
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by DaHitler(m): 5:03pm On May 20, 2006
You pay time and effort to breath and live.

As for the aids cure, it is not avaible now. And it talks about destroying aids strains, but mentions nothing about totally removing the virus from your system.
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by layi(m): 2:55pm On May 21, 2006
Afeni:

You pay time and effort to breath and live.
Of course you pay time and efforts to use gifts which u get FREE!.

Afeni:

As for the aids cure, it is not avaible now.
Its available but not in commercial quantity. Thats just a matter of time.

Afeni:

And it talks about destroying aids strains, but mentions nothing about totally removing the virus from your system.

How else do you remove diseases if not by destorying the causative pathogens. Note that once strains are destroyed, they are no longer active in the body and thus excreted as toxins.
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by DaHitler(m): 2:57pm On May 21, 2006
If you have to pay anything, it is not free.
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by MyJoe: 1:17pm On Feb 10, 2010
mukina2:

commiting suicide is already a sin, so i dont know wat sin a person wants to avoid

I saw an interview with the parents of a bipolar guy with murderous instincts who killed himself to avoid killing others. Suicide is a sin, yes, but I don't see how you can circumscribe this one as many of you religionists tend to do.
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by ooman(m): 11:12pm On Apr 28, 2013
Jesus said if your eyes make you sin, remove them

He implied that if your life makes you sin, end it.

Na Jesus talk am ooooo

If you dont, them jihadists go end am for you anyway - those dumb muslims
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by Jadeice: 1:35am On Apr 29, 2013
Just ask yourself dat question .... Dd u give yourself life so wat makes u think u can take it ... Suicide in itself is a sin according to ma religion anyway which is Islam so pls don't try it or encourage it... Ol in good faith smiley
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by peterphd(m): 9:43am On May 01, 2013
Jadeice: Just ask yourself dat question .... Dd u give yourself life so wat makes u think u can take it ... Suicide in itself is a sin according to ma religion anyway which is Islam so pls don't try it or encourage it... Ol in good faith smiley

So the jihadists blowing up themselves in the name of allah are not Muslims??
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by Jadeice: 8:51pm On May 01, 2013
Like i said suicide is a SIN [b][/b]
peterphd:

So the jihadists blowing up themselves in the name of allah are not Muslims??
Re: If One Kill Himself To Avoid Sin by oaroloye(m): 11:37am On Apr 18, 2017
ogbonnaya:

Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

If you want to avoid Sin, the time to begin is YEARS before the TEMPTATION arises.

The Sins of someone in this position are not obvious to the Unbeliever.

First of all, RAPE IS NOT A SIN.

There is no Commandment, "THOU SHALT NOT RAPE."

. DEUTERONOMY 12:32.

32. What thing soever I Command you,
observe to do it:
thou shalt not add thereto,
nor diminish from it.

THERE IS NO POINT PRETENDING THAT THERE IS.

So, your analogy is not apt.

There is no Sin one can be forced into, that justifies SUICIDE.

. EXODUS 20:14.

14. "Thou shalt not commit Adultery."

ADULTERY is a Sin: Rape of a Betrothed or Married WOMAN is a Capital Sin- and if they cannot PROVE that it was non-consensual, THEY DIE TOO.

Nonetheless, killing oneself to get out of being so raped is not justifiable.

. MARK 12:28-34.

28. And one of the scribes came,
and having heard them reasoning together,
and perceiving that he had answered them well,
asked him,

“Which is The First Commandment of all?”

29. And Jesus answered him,

“The First of all The Commandments is,

‘HEAR, O ISRAEL; THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD:
30. ‘AND THOU SHALT LOVE THE LORD THY GOD
WITH ALL THY HEART, AND WITH ALL THY SOUL,
AND WITH ALL THY MIND, AND WITH ALL THY STRENGTH:’

this is The First Commandment.
31. “And The Second is like, namely this,

‘THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF.’

There is none other Commandment greater than these.”

32. And the scribe said unto him,

“Well, Master,
thou hast said The Truth:
for there is one God;
and there is none other but He:
33. “And to love Him with all the Heart,
and with all the Understanding,
and with all the Soul,
and with all the Strength,
and to love his Neighbour as himself,
is more than all
whole Burnt Offerings and Sacrifices.”

34. And when Jesus saw
that he answered discreetly,
he said unto him,

“Thou art not far
from The Kingdom of God.”

And no man after that durst ask him any question.

THE AVERAGE UNBELIEVER AND CHRISTIAN HYPOCRITE SEES THE WORSHIP OF GOD AS A HOBBY- NOT AS THE ONLY WAY OF LIFE.

This is something that you DO- pretending that you believe that there is a GOD Who is paying attention to you, because you worship Him.

Therefore, you never considered the option:

WHY DOESN'T THE WOMAN CALL ON GOD, TO SAVE HER FROM THE RAPIST?

You do not believe that that is even possible, because you think that our Religion is just a load of rubbish, and that that there is no God.

Such a person as would commit SUICIDE to get out of being RAPED, is not committing suicide at THAT point in time, but rather she committed suicide LONG BEFORE, when SHE DECIDED that she was NOT going to "LOVE GOD WITH ALL HER HEART, ALL HER SOUL, AND ALL HER MIGHT,: and when she also decided NOT to "LOVE HER NEIGHBOUR AS HERSELF."

Subsequently, she became a USELESS FRUITLESS Worshipper of God- because she disobeyed THE GREATEST COMMANDMENT OF THE LAW:

. DEUTERONOMY 30:19-20.

19. I call Heaven and Earth
to record this Day against you,
that I have set before you
Life and Death,
Blessing and Cursing:
therefore choose Life,
That both thou and thy seed may live:
20. That thou mayest love the LORD thy God,
and that thou mayest obey His Voice,
and that thou mayest cleave unto Him:
for He is thy life,
and the length of thy days:
that thou mayest dwell in the Land
which the LORD sware unto thy fathers,
to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob,
to give them.

SHE DID NOT CHOOSE LIFE- AND THAT LED TO THE OTHER SINS, WHICH WERE CONSEQUENCES OF HER CHOOSING DEATH.

So, you see: the silly girl is the one who forfeited her own Soul.

(1) (Reply)

The Bible Say - "everything Under The Sun Is Complete Meaningless". / How Many Sons Does God Have? / Criticizing Other Religions: Divisive Hatred Or Christian Duty?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.