Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,209 members, 7,867,513 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:30 PM

Please Help Draw Government's Attention To Abule-ado Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Help Draw Government's Attention To Abule-ado Road (695 Views)

Is This A New Way Of Attracting Federal Government Attention? / INCREDIBLE ; See What A Man Does To Attract Government's Attention To Potholes. / Dilapidated Umuahia-ikot Ekpene Road Get Government's Attention. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Draw Government's Attention To Abule-ado Road by talkryte(f): 1:30pm On May 16, 2013
I am using this medium to call on fellow Nairalanders to help draw government’s attention to the condition of the road leading into Abule-ado Town, Lagos State. Abule-ado is adjacent to Festac Town and opposite Satellite Town (along Mile 2 - Badagry Expressway).

Over a year ago the construction or repair of this road was awarded to Impact Solution Limited. Their pace of work was quite slow (their equipments and work approach was rudimentary) and presently they have abandoned the site. All sorts of speculations have come up as to why they stopped work but nothing concrete. The manner in which they abandoned the work is even undesirable - leaving manholes or ditches unguarded to the detriment of pedestrians and motorists. Also the makeshift bridge they put in place is in a terrible sate and not likely to last. When there is a heavy downpour vehicles cannot pass and those that try do breakdown; this road is the only one in and out of the area.

The residents association and individuals have made considerable efforts to improve the situation but the government needs to intervene at this point. Please is there a website or contact details were such issues can be reported and meaningful feedback can be gotten within the shortest possible time? Attached are pictures of the sorry state of this road.

NB: Moderators please post on front page.

Re: Please Help Draw Government's Attention To Abule-ado Road by talkryte(f): 1:39pm On May 16, 2013
more pictures

Re: Please Help Draw Government's Attention To Abule-ado Road by Maxymilliano(m): 4:52pm On May 16, 2013
This is serious, it was not as bad as this last time I visited the area.
Re: Please Help Draw Government's Attention To Abule-ado Road by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 16, 2013
Abule ado road needs special deliverance. I don't know why that small road is difficult to rehabilitate. I remember sometime last year, the road was totally not motorable and was seriously water logged that was after it was poorly constructed. I think this year, it was graded and manageable. now the rainy season is here. Am afraid the road will be washed off again. Oriade LCDA should do something fast about it!
Re: Please Help Draw Government's Attention To Abule-ado Road by talkryte(f): 8:07pm On May 17, 2013
Thanks Maxi and Berem, looks like the word got round as the contractors are back on site. In the days to come, I hope something more tangible will be done. Our environment should matter to us and those responsible should be held accountable. Will keep you posted cool.

(1) (Reply)

Troops Uncover Armoury In Kano, Arrest Lebanese / 2015: North Shuns Jonathan’s Peace Moves / Bomb Blast Averted In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.