Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,503 members, 7,847,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:41 AM

Is Acn's Call For Rejection Of State Of Emergency Justifiable? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Acn's Call For Rejection Of State Of Emergency Justifiable? (495 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / N5000 To Unemployed: Murray-Bruce Sad Over APC's Rejection Of Motion / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Acn's Call For Rejection Of State Of Emergency Justifiable? by Idokojimmy: 1:41pm On May 16, 2013
It's no longer news that the Action Congree of Nigeria has registered displeasure over the recently declared state of emergency in Borno, Yobe and Adamawa. The party according to Lai Mohamed maintains that the move isn't in the overall interest of the nation, it isn't a product of original thinking, amnesty committee should be dissolved and so on. While Gej indicated that the declaration was prompted by the taking over of some LGA in Borno by Boko Haram, the burning down of government establishments and symbol of authority and the threat to the sovereignty of the nation amongst others, ACN has called on the National Assesmbly to reject the declaration. Is ACN's position justifiable?
Re: Is Acn's Call For Rejection Of State Of Emergency Justifiable? by Dreal1247: 1:57pm On May 16, 2013
@op, what is ur own judgement?
Re: Is Acn's Call For Rejection Of State Of Emergency Justifiable? by Dreal1247: 2:03pm On May 16, 2013
@op, what is ur own judgement?
Re: Is Acn's Call For Rejection Of State Of Emergency Justifiable? by HammedSodiqq: 2:19pm On May 16, 2013
I believe the president took that decisive decision in the best interest of the nation. I fault ACN position on this. Even the affected states are all rallying support for the president. Gej deserves commendation not what Lai Mohammed is trying to project
Re: Is Acn's Call For Rejection Of State Of Emergency Justifiable? by Idokojimmy: 2:24pm On May 16, 2013
Well my position is simple, Gej appears to have taken the best decision. Sen. Zanna's report that Boko Haram has taken over 23 LGA was worrisome. Such must not be allowed.
I also believe that the ACN is only trying to politicise issues

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Must Be Defeated At All Costs – Jonathan / GDP Growth Must Reflect On People’s Life – Obasanjo / Will The PDP Survive The Storm?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.