Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,194 members, 7,815,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

American Idol Winner 2013 Is Candice Glover; Season 12 - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / American Idol Winner 2013 Is Candice Glover; Season 12 (676 Views)

Watch American Idol Season 12 Episode 24 Online Free Full Episode / American Idol (2009) Tonight / American Idol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Idol Winner 2013 Is Candice Glover; Season 12 by Nobody: 3:45am On May 17, 2013
Fox Courtesy
The winner of American Idol 2013 Season 12 is Candice Glover.

The American Idol result show kicked off with a performance by all top 12 contestants who sang "Glad You Came".

The show featured performances from Frankie Valli of The Four Seasons, who sang his famous hit song "I Love You Baby" and "Grease is the Word," followed by Mariah Carey's performance of her hit songs.

"Gangnam Style" singer Psy also took to the stage with his hit new song "Gentlemen" followed by judge Keith Urban's performance.

American Idol's most famous contestant Jennifer Hudson took to the stage in a powerful duet with Candice Glover.

Angie Miller, who landed third in season 12 of American Idol, took to the stage with her idol Jessie J from UK.

Kree Harrison performed with judges Randy Jackson and Keith Urban.

Former Idol judge Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull performed "Live It Up" before the winner was finally announced.

Glover finished the results show with a tearful rendition of "I Am Beautiful" after winning the show.

Both finalists had performed three songs last night at the Nokia Theatre on May 15 to get viewers' vote to win the singing competition show.

Judge Randy Jackson, who will not be returning for the next season of the singing reality show, said, ""Dude, this is so close,"

In round 1 of last night's finale performance show, Jackson declared Glover the winner. The 23-year-old diva sang Adele's "Chasing Pavements", a song chosen by Idol executive producer Simon Fuller. 22-year-old Kree Harrison sang Sarah McLaughlan's "Angel."

In round 2, Harrison sang "All Cried Out" for her coronation song while Glover sang "I am Beautiful".

After the songs, Judge Keith Urban said that both ladies were "soul singers."

For round 3, Glover sang "I Who Have Nothing" while Harrison sang "Up To The Mountain". Boht ladies received a standing ovation from the judges.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/american.idol.winner.2013.candice.glover.season.12.results.video/32527.htm

I am not a fan, I prefer watching audition cuz that's when the lol things happens.. When you see folks who people around them don't tell the truth about how horrible their voices are... Like that African brother from last year lol..

And again, congrats to her.. I know black folks were all ready to go racist including my...... * cough*
Re: American Idol Winner 2013 Is Candice Glover; Season 12 by me1234: 4:13am On May 17, 2013
Why does dstv give nigeria and west africa delay or recorded programs and yet beam live programs to south and east Africans? In my opinion this is insulting inspite of the volume of customers and money they make from Nigerians. This so wrong. American idol was beam live to south african viewers live and recorded version for Nigerian viewers.this should stop because Nigeria viewers are been taking for granted
Re: American Idol Winner 2013 Is Candice Glover; Season 12 by dc555: 4:34am On May 17, 2013
me1234: Why does dstv give nigeria and west africa delay or recorded programs and yet beam live programs to south and east Africans? In my opinion this is insulting inspite of the volume of customers and money they make from Nigerians. This so wrong. American idol was beam live to south african viewers live and recorded version for Nigerian viewers.this should stop because Nigeria viewers are been taking for granted
This happens because we Nigerians like taking trash from foreigners.
Re: American Idol Winner 2013 Is Candice Glover; Season 12 by Nobody: 7:12am On May 17, 2013
congrats.... i'll have to put her up on the beauty of African-American girls thread grin
Re: American Idol Winner 2013 Is Candice Glover; Season 12 by 14(m): 3:52am On May 19, 2013
me1234: Why does dstv give nigeria and west africa delay or recorded programs and yet beam live programs to south and east Africans? In my opinion this is insulting inspite of the volume of customers and money they make from Nigerians. This so wrong. American idol was beam live to south african viewers live and recorded version for Nigerian viewers.this should stop because Nigeria viewers are been taking for granted

Who told you so, dont Lie to yourself, It was never live in SA. And besides, theremore subscribers in SA than rest of Africa combined. There is 5million Subscribers in SA and there is only 1.8million subcribers in the rest of Africa. Then Do your Maths

(1) (Reply)

MTN Project Fame Audition; Staged Or Real / Kunle Evicted From The Gulder Ultimate Search / Nollywood Film Of The Decade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.