Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,633 members, 7,847,648 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:20 PM

Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? (4235 Views)

Grammy:list Of Nigeria Musicians That Can Win The GRAMMY AWARD / Which Nigerian Musician Has The Best Stage Performance? / Which Nigeria Musician Can Win Grammy Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by jimmoh: 7:54pm On Apr 27, 2008
I think ojb or 2face,dbanj,asa,modenine and storm records artist might end up one day winning grammy awards[/color][color=Black]
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 27, 2008
Asa
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by unix4real1(m): 8:42pm On Apr 27, 2008
dason4life:

Asa

you be eye abi?
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by tecquilla(f): 11:28am On Apr 28, 2008
Nnenna is one act that has really surprised and impressed me.It took one single perfomance of hers to convince me that this artiste is pure grammy material.She may not have the popularity of her contenders but she's getting there most definitely.Her music is a true definition of african come world music and she sure can sing.Asa is also a girl whom we all know has got what it takes to also win the grammies.Do not disregard Seun kuti.He is also a paradigm of world music and african roots discovery.We've got the artistes for sure but the question is,who is going to snatch the prize.The results may actually be beyond our widest expectations.
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by favcom(m): 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2008
NONE
because the grammy is not meant for them!
gbam! cool cool
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by ruggedlynx: 3:00pm On Apr 28, 2008
favcom:

NONE
because the grammy is not meant for them!
gbam! cool cool
I disagree with you.There's a category in the grammy awards called the world music category.This is the section in which african artistes are nominated.Femi kuti and king sunny Ade has once been nominated in it but no nigerian act has yet won it.
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by ruggedlynx: 3:03pm On Apr 28, 2008
If i were a grammy award judge,i'd pick Nnenna,femi kuti and Asa as my potential nominees.
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by ruggedlynx: 3:08pm On Apr 28, 2008
tRoOE:

Abeg p square no fit win jare with all their copy copy

@concrete
Abi oh, all these dbanj talk is getting boring, he needs to a job replacement

I support you man.All these noisemakers should effing go and get stuffed.The grammies aint for quantity but for quality.I"m sick of all the noise been made on trash.
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by vicade(m): 3:11pm On Apr 28, 2008
Asa will win one day in the best african contmporary category
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by Rochalis(m): 3:32pm On Apr 28, 2008
vicade:

winkDont get your hopes too much in case you get a shocking disappointment.The rejected stone shall end up being the chiefstone of the corner. Even the bible talk am grin
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by Rochalis(m): 3:35pm On Apr 28, 2008
I wonder what happened to 2face in all these talks of Femi,Asa,bla,bla bla.Naija people can overrate artistes
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by Rochalis(m): 3:39pm On Apr 28, 2008
Anything can happen at the grammies.Ask 50cent.You can never be sure whom those white goons will find worthy.I dont think the grammy is for everyboy.Many are called but few are chosen.We nigerians all act so myopic like winning the award is the end of the world.For the love of heaven,lets create our own "grammies" and have a sense of individuality.
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by javalove(m): 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2008
Rochalis:

Anything can happen at the grammies.Ask 50cent.You can never be sure whom those white goons will find worthy.I don't think the grammy is for everyboy.Many are called but few are chosen.We nigerians all act so myopic like winning the award is the end of the world.For the love of heaven,lets create our own "grammies" and have a sense of individuality.

waasere omo, i concur. lets create our own awards. Nairaland is a forum of nigerians both at home and in the diaspora. I believe we are over a hundred thousand members. If we create our own Nairaland Awards and give all the hype in the world, media publicity and all that, it could make alots of sense for our artistes. Then we create a category called "World Music Category (copy copy and overlifitng cheesy ) where we would feature american and uropean artistes, dem go begin dey respect us small small. Where they would have to fly into naija for their awards, cheesy

Nigerians are sentimental in giving out awards. We dont reward productivity and hardwork. The only awards we would be good at would be our own indeginous awards like Juju, Fuji, Apala and co, but for Hiphop hell no!!!! We reward the ones that make snse to the organisers of the awards. We reward the one that sells not the person who keeps it original and gives music its original definition. We need to cure these sickenesses before the above can be acheved by any body,

I love modenine. I love hs music and i know/m sure/believe he would do us proud, He is a poet, a philosopher and a lyricist.

I love ASA. Love her music. She is a poet, a lyricist and her voice makes me go gaga,

I love beautifu nubia. I like his music. He is intelligent too,

IMO (In my opinion), these are the grammy materials i know
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by Shaz(f): 11:09pm On Apr 28, 2008
Shaz.

Although, come to think of it, it would still be regarded as UK, so i dun really know
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 29, 2008
unix4real1:

you be eye abi?

no i no be eye, i be pepeye
hissed

vicade:

Keep the dream alive, she will surely make it
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by efosanice: 3:28pm On Apr 29, 2008
right now i think it's only asa that has the potential of winning a grammy and maybe cobhams when he sings ,this jeremiah gyang too and maybe fela as for p-square,d-banj,2-face, no way in the next ten years, did any body mention that local village popular musician,9ice,in the next 25 yrs he has not even won a nomination what do you think grammy is,hip hop award? even 50 cents and akon don't have any grammys yet.

Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by tRoOE(f): 3:33pm On Apr 29, 2008
efosanice:

right now i think it's only asa that has the potential of winning a grammy and maybe cobhams when he sings ,this jeremiah gyang too and maybe fela as for p-square,d-banj,2-face, no way in the next ten years, did any body mention that local village popular musician,9ice,in the next 25 years he has not even won a nomination what do you think grammy is,hip hop award? even 50 cents and akon don't have any grammys yet.
Why did you call him local undecided
bad belle angry angry
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by skingo(m): 12:58am On Apr 30, 2008
tRoOE:

Why did you call him local undecided
bad belle angry angry

no mind javalove. that villager. if u're so intelligent go and solve mathematical problems. hiphop artists barely win awards. you calling modenine's name onto grammys? does grammys recognise modenine's music? undecided
u dense mehn.
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by Cadet(f): 1:09am On Apr 30, 2008
Obasanjo. Artistic in Government corruption grin
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by stdondammy(m): 8:53am On Apr 30, 2008
I think Asa has Very thing to win the grammmy if ther is no any partial.The Lady is Good.i voted her undecided
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by playmate(f): 12:32pm On Apr 30, 2008
I blive Asa will do d honors.she's really gud.
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by favcom(m): 1:17pm On Apr 30, 2008
Cadet:

Obasanjo. Artistic in Government corruption grin

Nice one grin grin grin

stdondammy:

I think Asa has Very thing to win the grammmy if ther is no any partial.The Lady is Good.i voted her undecided

playmate:

I blive Asa will do d honors.she's really good.

I concur! wink wink wink
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by javalove(m): 5:13pm On Apr 30, 2008
skingo:

no mind javalove. that villager. if u're so intelligent go and solve mathematical problems. hiphop artists barely win awards. you calling modenine's name onto grammys? does grammys recognise modenine's music? undecided
u dense mehn.

na wa ooo skingo, na be call am local? wen u go grow. u get excited whenever there is a mode 9 bashing. not to worry u are as dumb as ur godfathers and godmothers,
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:41am On May 01, 2008
Hello nairalanders,
ASa will bring grammy down to africa. Can you please give a standing ovation to ASA whil reading this message.

Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by TheSly: 2:45am On May 01, 2008
None!!!!!
Grammy is not for lames. . . .
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:35am On May 01, 2008
As for now it's Asa.

Anyway I need your opinions on a thread I put up. Here's the link!!!!!!!! smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-130706.0.html
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by abdurrazaq(m): 1:55pm On May 01, 2008
Baale of Alapomeji Kingdom,

9ice
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by unix4real1(m): 3:41pm On May 01, 2008
The Sly:

None!!!!!
Grammy is not for lames. . . .

Are u saying nigerian artistes are Lames?
Re: Which Nigerian Artists Will One Day Bring Grammy Award To Nigeria? by dejahvu(m): 11:12pm On May 02, 2008
Asa and Asa , Nnenna too is good, femi is good but dont have a current chart buster,
9ice will be nominated for OPC awards, d guy is localllllllllll, but im listening to gongo aso, right now

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Jam _ M-kaze - Fade Away / Jossydreamz – Te Amo (mp3) / NEW VIDEO : Download Olamide – Fine Sound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.