Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? (18742 Views)

Photos Of Specially Made Armored Patrol Vehicles Proudly Crafted In Nigeria / Nigeria Now Producing Armoured Vehicles (photo) / Ridiculous Mileage Of Tokunbo Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by Paentera(m): 3:50pm On May 17, 2013
money-hungry :
camry BIG-FOR-NOTHING: needs no explanation ... that car is really big for nothing.
END OF DISCUSSION: This na 4 naija babes wey dey like give excuses ... as soon as dem see in this car, discussion don end oh! no more long talk... na azonto tinz shaparly!

The car End of Discussion derived its name from the advert STBMcCann ran for Honda Nigeria in 2006-2007. The advert wanted to convey the fact that there was nothing more to be said once you've experienced the car. The ad copy was a big hit.

1 Like

Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by 3ace(m): 3:59pm On May 17, 2013
I'm even anxious to know what nicknames they will give the new Camry and Accord.
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by Lilimax(f): 3:59pm On May 17, 2013
ooua: See now, you have mouth to say your ibo brothers (sure mocking them) I would have thought you know your tenses. Not 'my Igbo brothers does not' please correct yourself before you start messing others up.
huh??
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by AMvanquish: 4:00pm On May 17, 2013
Bmw 3 series- 2001-2003 model nicknamed COJA because it was the official car of COJA games back in 2003. Abuja was flooded with these cars back then n was later auctioned off after the games..
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by jadakiss213(m): 4:01pm On May 17, 2013
money-hungry :
camry BIG-FOR-NOTHING: needs no explanation ... that car is really big for nothing.
END OF DISCUSSION: This na 4 naija babes wey dey like give excuses ... as soon as dem see in this car, discussion don end oh! no more long talk... na azonto tinz shaparly!
nope..That was a line from the company itself..As at that time,that was d best 'Accord' Model..

1 Like

Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by TS2(m): 4:12pm On May 17, 2013
ffo:

No! im not and i cant be!

You are jor!
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by clemmonce(m): 4:30pm On May 17, 2013
ffo:

Yes, i passed. i am now a graduate.

you were still in d kindergarten wen i wrote my jamb
shut up jare u dey form bros wen u no get common sense to back up yor bros mode
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by Mojibola(m): 4:34pm On May 17, 2013
T.S:

LIE!!!

End of Discussion was the Slogan or catch phrase on the Honda Bill Boards for the car...Had nothing to do with Glo
People are more familiar wth the glo advert giving it the name....of course i'm not distuputing yur statement...except the "LIE!!!" part.
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by Mojibola(m): 4:38pm On May 17, 2013
ffo:

the exam is UME...not JAMB...and yur comments are suppozd to make more sense...no offence..
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by firfinch(m): 5:00pm On May 17, 2013
I guessed they were named based on people's perception of the cars, for instance, Toyota camry 1998 model (pencil light) you can actaully see țȟåț ţħέ light is really tiny - just like pecil! Thesame thing applies to others

Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by Guapo(m): 5:02pm On May 17, 2013
byns:
u beat me to it. angry sad
take heart mate
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by 50calibre(m): 5:17pm On May 17, 2013
ffo:

bro, you are a learner!

Learner of what? Is that the new slang trending in your high school?
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by firfinch(m): 5:33pm On May 17, 2013
50calibre:

el plaribus unum = out of many. . . One! Lolzzz

Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by ffo(m): 5:39pm On May 17, 2013
T.S:

You are jor!

what is ur proof? I AM NOT.
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by ffo(m): 5:45pm On May 17, 2013
clemmonce: shut up jare u dey form bros wen u no get common sense to back up yor bros mode

I PITY YOU, WITH YOUR 3.1 CGPA, instead of you to face your studies. you think you can insult me on NL, abi?

FYI, i graduated wit 4.27 CGPA statistics (i guess were still trying to complete your O'Level).

you said i dont have common sense abi? FYI, my sense is not common, you dont even know how to use your BB on your laptop (if you have one).

SIT YOU ASS DOWN AND STOP WAILING AWAY YOUR TIME. lipsrsealed
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by ffo(m): 5:46pm On May 17, 2013
50calibre:

BRO, You are funny.
have a nice weekend. TGIF
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 17, 2013
This our country get as e be finally.
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by daroseconcepts: 6:16pm On May 17, 2013
Any nicknames for Lexus rx 300?
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by chucky234(m): 6:17pm On May 17, 2013
ffo:

Guy you wicked ooo
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by ffo(m): 6:19pm On May 17, 2013
chucky234: Guy you wicked ooo

no mind d guy jor
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by wandeykul(f): 6:43pm On May 17, 2013
ffo: first to comment for the first time.
i am so excited
jump into the lagoon
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by TS2(m): 6:45pm On May 17, 2013
Mojibola:
People are more familiar wth the glo advert giving it the name....of course i'm not distuputing yur statement...except the "LIE!!!" part.

Ok. Thank you for not DISTUPUTING my comment grin
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by TS2(m): 6:46pm On May 17, 2013
ffo:

what is ur proof? I AM NOT.

I feel it. You're a gay jor!
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by ffo(m): 6:47pm On May 17, 2013
wandeykul: jump into the lagoon

whisper that to your bf if you have one.
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 17, 2013
money-hungry :
NAH END OF DISCUSSION WAS FROM THE ADVERT
THAT WAS WHAT WAS ON WRITTEN ON THE BILLBOARD

1 Like

Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by ffo(m): 6:50pm On May 17, 2013
T.S:

I feel it. You're a gay jor!

bros, that sense of feeling is not giving you d true info at allll.
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by whyyAuto: 6:56pm On May 17, 2013
Most of this cars is always named by spare parts dealers in ladipo market, the always do that for you to get to know what you intend to buy. E.g G-class is called Tinubu, the the jagaban of lagos do drive the benz jeep, Maxima 08 is been called Dagrin lols. Tiny light, Dock light, small but mighty,bullet,bull dog,baby boy, Eod,evil spirit, muscle etc
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by ashollybaby1: 7:00pm On May 17, 2013
2002 toyota camry(idi alhaja/alhaja's yansh)
2008 camry(muscle)
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 17, 2013
EU Honda accord, successor to bullet called Honda addidas cos of the three white stripe trafficator. see picture in the 2011 thread below...

https://www.nairaland.com/771351/unregistered-honda-adidas-sale
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by farem: 8:01pm On May 17, 2013
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by farem: 8:02pm On May 17, 2013
ffo: first to comment for the first time.
i am so excited
[color=#990000]
FAILED AMBITION!
Re: How Do Vehicles Get Nicknamed In Nigeria That Sticks? by BarryX(m): 8:17pm On May 17, 2013
ffo:

I PITY YOU, WITH YOUR 3.1 CGPA, instead of you to face your studies. you think you can insult me on NL, abi?

FYI, i graduated wit 4.27 CGPA statistics (i guess were still trying to complete your O'Level).

you said i dont have common sense abi? FYI, my sense is not common, you dont even know how to use your BB on your laptop (if you have one).

SIT YOU ASS DOWN AND STOP WAILING AWAY YOUR TIME. lipsrsealed

Damn!!! You're really a Juve....! That was the wackiest reply in ages. Like seriously 'BB ON A LAPTOP' what has that got to do with anything. You're funny in a childish way sha *smiles*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Electric Cars Outsold Petrol/diesel Fuel Cars In Oil-producing Norway / Ways People Take Revenge On Bad Parking / Car Freaks – Which Car Will You Give Your All For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.