Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. (11999 Views)

JAMB To Determine Admissions Cut-off Marks On July 14 / How Much Will It Cost Me For WAEC To Remark My English Result? / JAMB To Release Results 30 Minutes After Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by DIVINEMERC(m): 4:39pm On May 17, 2013
Court give JAMB 7 days to remark all the script. As JAMB gets ultimatum to release scripts for remarking, Judge said that Students did not fail but were failed.

Friday, 17th May 2013.
An education consultant, Mr. Oludotun Shodunke, has given the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) a seven-day ultimatum to release students scripts for re-marking or face court action.
Shodunke wants to prove that the examination body failed many candidates because the examination questions allegedly leaked.
In an interview with The Nation, Shodunke, who led some candidates to protest the mass failure in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in Maryland, Lagos, last Thursday, queried the JAMB leadership led by Prof Dibu Ojerinde in conducting the examination.
He stressed that most of the students“were failed” by the body because ofthe rumour that the examination papers leaked.
“If the examination papers leaked, the right thing is for the body to have cancelled the exercise and fixedanother day for it. You cannot punish students with what I called ‘monumental failure’ because the examination papers leaked. Leakage of examinations cannot be blamed on the students,” he said. He also alleged that the mass failure might be a way to favour the candidates that will be writing the Computer Based Test (CBT) from Saturday.
The founder of Pathfinder Academy, which offers tutorials for candidates preparing for external examinations, noted that as a concerned parent, hehas directed his lawyer to request for some of the scripts, “because I am certain that these students did not fail. Since I started this campaign many students have volunteered to have their scripts remarked by an external personnel and that is what we are asking for. We have asked Prof Ojerinde to release five of such scripts. We don’t want to ask for 50,000 scripts but just five so that Nigerians will understand what we are saying that the students did not fail but were failed.” He said his lawyer will not hesitate toapproach the court if the body refuses to release the demanded scripts within seven days. He warned that the mass failure recorded can escalate the insecurity the country is experiencing, “because these are youths and are easy prey when they are idle”. He pleaded with the leadership of the country to persuade Ojerinde to have a rethink and remark the scripts.
It will be recalled that the Board withheld the results of 80,419 candidates for culpability in examination malpractices. Ten candidates scored 300 and above; 628 scored between 270 and 299; 33,115 scored between 250 and 269; while 704,622 scored between 200 and 249.
About 571,298 scored between 170 and 199; 103,489 scored between 160 and 169; while 127,017 scored less than 159.
A total of 1,629,102 candidates applied to sit for the Paper Pencil Test (PPT), while 15,008 candidates applied for the Dual Based Test, bringing the number of candidates to 1,644,110.
But JAMB Public Relations Officer, Mr Fabian Benjamin, debunked the claims of leakages or mass failure.
He said: “Before we write our exams,our keys (answers) are already on ground. Don’t forget we started marking that very day. Examination towns that are close to Abuja, Kaduna are marked that very day. Our marking is computer based marking. And our questions did not leak. Anybody telling you that the question leaked is just speaking from his imaginations.
“Our exam is not a fail/pass examination. It is an entrance examination. Our minimum pass mark for last year was 180 for universities and 160 and above for polytechnics and colleges of education. The pass mark is determined at a policy meeting chaired by the Minister of Education. The meeting is yet to hold for this year.”

Anujulu Nonso,
Electrical/Electronic department,
Anambra State University,
Uli
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by Emylexray(m): 5:19pm On May 17, 2013
Good and laudable move! At least the innocent ones will be exonerated. I vehemently support the remarking of the scripts so that the sleepless nights of the serious candidates will be justified. At last, the unending protests of some of the candidates who were failed unjustly has yielded results.

For all those of you who changed your paper types during the exam, don't expect a miracle! this remarking of scripts will only exonerate the just. It won't make you score 300 from your earlier 160.
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by Fynestboi: 6:56pm On May 17, 2013
Emylexray: Good and laudable move! At least the innocent ones will be exonerated. I vehemently support the remarking of the scripts so that the sleepless nights of the serious candidates will be justified. At last, the unending protests of some of the candidates who were failed unjustly has yielded results.

For all those of you who changed your paper types during the exam, don't expect a miracle! this remarking of scripts will only exonerate the just. It won't make you score 300 from your earlier 160.
U RE RYT WELL SAID
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by Spiff20(m): 8:39pm On May 17, 2013
It'll be easier 2 reduce d cut-off to 170 than remarking. Reduction will be fair enough
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by Kunlexic(m): 9:22pm On May 17, 2013
I support d remarking,dat means God is @ our back with all the restless night we used 4 studying.The cut-off shd not be reduced,remarking is beta.
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by mrikpo: 9:28pm On May 17, 2013
when?
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by Datlightizzy(m): 9:48pm On May 17, 2013
Hmmm they should better remark it o koz am nt hapi wt jamb and d 173 they gave me as my score
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by biz2get(m): 11:54pm On May 17, 2013
seconded
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by Godek(m): 12:25am On May 18, 2013
JAMB has come and gone. It has done it own but what is next?

Doing UTME is obviously a step in the right direction but as the saying, do not put all your eggs in one basket, there is no harm in having multiple entries in your quest for admission. To some UTME has been perfected while to some it didn't go as planned, you have a back up to fall on now.GAIN ADMISSION INTO 200 LEVELS IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY WITHOUT JAMB.
This is a tested and sure way of securing admission, lots of people have gained admission using this process. The only process is IJMB. For full information click here
http://ijmbandilorin.
You can also call 07039299709 or 08182690090 or pin: 265394BA
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by Simplefemo(m): 7:53am On May 18, 2013
DIVINEMERC: Court give JAMB 7 days to remark all the script. As JAMB gets ultimatum to release scripts for remarking, Judge said that Students did not fail but were failed.

Friday, 17th May 2013.
An education consultant, Mr. Oludotun Shodunke, has given the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) a seven-day ultimatum to release students scripts for re-marking or face court action.
Shodunke wants to prove that the examination body failed many candidates because the examination questions allegedly leaked.
In an interview with The Nation, Shodunke, who led some candidates to protest the mass failure in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) in Maryland, Lagos, last Thursday, queried the JAMB leadership led by Prof Dibu Ojerinde in conducting the examination.
He stressed that most of the students“were failed” by the body because ofthe rumour that the examination papers leaked.
“If the examination papers leaked, the right thing is for the body to have cancelled the exercise and fixedanother day for it. You cannot punish students with what I called ‘monumental failure’ because the examination papers leaked. Leakage of examinations cannot be blamed on the students,” he said. He also alleged that the mass failure might be a way to favour the candidates that will be writing the Computer Based Test (CBT) from Saturday.
The founder of Pathfinder Academy, which offers tutorials for candidates preparing for external examinations, noted that as a concerned parent, hehas directed his lawyer to request for some of the scripts, “because I am certain that these students did not fail. Since I started this campaign many students have volunteered to have their scripts remarked by an external personnel and that is what we are asking for. We have asked Prof Ojerinde to release five of such scripts. We don’t want to ask for 50,000 scripts but just five so that Nigerians will understand what we are saying that the students did not fail but were failed.” He said his lawyer will not hesitate toapproach the court if the body refuses to release the demanded scripts within seven days. He warned that the mass failure recorded can escalate the insecurity the country is experiencing, “because these are youths and are easy prey when they are idle”. He pleaded with the leadership of the country to persuade Ojerinde to have a rethink and remark the scripts.
It will be recalled that the Board withheld the results of 80,419 candidates for culpability in examination malpractices. Ten candidates scored 300 and above; 628 scored between 270 and 299; 33,115 scored between 250 and 269; while 704,622 scored between 200 and 249.
About 571,298 scored between 170 and 199; 103,489 scored between 160 and 169; while 127,017 scored less than 159.
A total of 1,629,102 candidates applied to sit for the Paper Pencil Test (PPT), while 15,008 candidates applied for the Dual Based Test, bringing the number of candidates to 1,644,110.
But JAMB Public Relations Officer, Mr Fabian Benjamin, debunked the claims of leakages or mass failure.
He said: “Before we write our exams,our keys (answers) are already on ground. Don’t forget we started marking that very day. Examination towns that are close to Abuja, Kaduna are marked that very day. Our marking is computer based marking. And our questions did not leak. Anybody telling you that the question leaked is just speaking from his imaginations.
“Our exam is not a fail/pass examination. It is an entrance examination. Our minimum pass mark for last year was 180 for universities and 160 and above for polytechnics and colleges of education. The pass mark is determined at a policy meeting chaired by the Minister of Education. The meeting is yet to hold for this year.”

Anujulu Nonso,
Uli
kindly post the name of the court, location, name of the presiding judge and source of the information.
Fake information.

1 Like

Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by Ezegozie(m): 9:40am On May 18, 2013
Simplefemo:
kindly post the name of the court, location, name of the presiding judge and source of the information.
Fake information.

we have the same thought.

I think the rumours are generated by students that failed Jamb.

They say jamb will REMARK scripts and you all are rejoicing,
How are you sure if the scripts are remarked you won't even get lower mark.

The sripts are there, the computers are there.
So even if fed gov order Jamb to remark the scrip, they will simply put the script in the computer and it will be remarked within some seconds.

So i ask, Does remarking add even 1/2 mark to your result? You don fail jamb be say you don fail jAmb. Why the noise?

Upon my struggles, The 1st time i wrote jamb in 2009, i scored 238 and did not complain.

I wrote post ume in that year and score 63 out of 100 and UNIZIK DID NOT GIVE ME ADMISSION THAT YEAR, though it pained me so much but DID I COMPLAIN? N0!

My failure made me to study harder in 2010 and i scored 250 in Jamb and 70 in post ume.
And was automatically given admisssion.

Instead of spreading vague rumours, i advise those that failed jamb dis yr to start preparing harder next yr so that God will bless dem with better result.
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by Ezegozie(m): 9:58am On May 18, 2013
Godek: JAMB has come and gone. It has done it own but what is next?

Doing UTME is obviously a step in the right direction but as the saying, do not put all your eggs in one basket, there is no harm in having multiple entries in your quest for admission. To some UTME has been perfected while to some it didn't go as planned, you have a back up to fall on now.GAIN ADMISSION INTO 200 LEVELS IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY WITHOUT JAMB.
This is a tested and sure way of securing admission, lots of people have gained admission using this process. The only process is IJMB. For full information click here
http://ijmbandilorin.
You can also call 07039299709 or 08182690090 or pin: 265394BA

this got me laughing ever since morning.
Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah.

Guy, are you a comedian?
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by Simplefemo(m): 11:43am On May 18, 2013
Ezegozie:

So even if fed gov order Jamb to remark the scrip, they will simply put the script in the computer and it will be remarked within some seconds.

So i ask, Does remarking add even 1/2 mark to your result? You don fail jamb be say you don fail jAmb. Why the noise?

Upon my struggles, The 1st time i wrote jamb in 2009, i scored 238 and did not complain.

I wrote post ume in that year and score 63 out of 100 and UNIZIK DID NOT GIVE ME ADMISSION THAT YEAR, though it pained me so much but DID I COMPLAIN? N0!

My failure made me to study harder in 2010 and i scored 250 in Jamb and 70 in post ume.

Instead of spreading vague rumours, i advise those that failed jamb dis yr to start preparing harder next yr so that God will bless dem with better result.
Exactly, those affected should prepare harder and pray well.
I know of persons that scored 323, 309 and 275.
So, those planing to intiate legal action against JAMB may end up wasting their money and resources.
The best option is to go their office in Abuja, they will show you your script after paying #25,000.
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by henrywest(m): 12:16am On May 19, 2013
Ezegozie:

this got me laughing ever since morning.
Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah.

Guy, are you a comedian?

What is funny pls? Don't u knw what interim joint matriculation board is all about? Why don't you make enquiries before u start laughing like one who is uncontrollably convulsive?
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by buzyguy: 12:15pm On May 19, 2013
Femi,ao far wotz ur score?
Simplefemo:
Exactly, those affected should prepare harder and pray well.
I know of persons that scored 323, 309 and 275.
So, those planing to intiate legal action against JAMB may end up wasting their money and resources.
The best option is to go their office in Abuja, they will show you your script after paying #25,000.
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by funmidnairaland: 1:01pm On May 19, 2013
Are you a trying to secure admission into the university ??
Then you should like ===>https://www.facebook.com/Prepclass.com.ng?ref=tn_tnmn for more info on about JAMB, POST-JAMB, SCHOLARSHIP and easy ways to get high SCORES!!!
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by dayveed24: 1:24pm On May 19, 2013
Ezegozie:

Its Easier to Say That Mr. Common, all Fingers re not equal. You said you Prepared hard, well what bout Ppl dat dont av d source to Support or finance Them.. These re Some ppl's only Chance. You end up sayin they should go and prepare hard. You only wrote Jamb Twice and you re making Noise. People that wrote it 7tyms nko,some peeps falls among this category. You dint even bother givin them An option About Polytechnics or Universities that you can get admission without Jamb. Well Bro Tank God for yours and stop the informal Insult.
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by Ezegozie(m): 7:34am On May 26, 2013
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by Ezegozie(m): 7:53am On May 26, 2013
henrywest:

What is funny pls? Don't u knw what interim joint matriculation board is all about? Why don't you make enquiries before u start laughing like one who is uncontrollably convulsive?

this quoate by another ID of this guy also got me
laughing. Hahhahahahaha. Diploma is 2yrs program which qualifies one for
2nd year upon completion. Prescience is 6months program with 200score in
Jamb and 0 level of 5 credit in relevant subjects
and still has to pass prescience before admission
in 1st year. So why won't saying that a nine months
program with no jamb and bad O level get
somebody to 2nd year in all university in Nigeria
get me laughing as if i am convulsive?
Hahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahaah. Guy, wake up from your sleep. You are definitely
dreaming
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by inuyasha01(m): 4:46pm On May 26, 2013
Ezegozie:

this quoate by another ID of this guy also got me
laughing. Hahhahahahaha. Diploma is 2yrs program which qualifies one for
2nd year upon completion. Prescience is 6months program with 200score in
Jamb and 0 level of 5 credit in relevant subjects
and still has to pass prescience before admission
in 1st year. So why won't saying that a nine months
program with no jamb and bad O level get
somebody to 2nd year in all university in Nigeria
get me laughing as if i am convulsive?
Hahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahaah. Guy, wake up from your sleep. You are definitely
dreaming
Are u sick or something. Ijmb is not a nonsense programme that will accept a poor o level for study. Am currently an ijmbite student@ coed ilorin,so biafran stfu
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by Ezegozie(m): 12:48pm On May 27, 2013
inuyasha01:
Are u sick or something. Ijmb is not a nonsense programme that will accept a poor o level for study. Am currently an ijmbite student@ coed ilorin,so biafran stfu

it is you that is sick, if not you won't be fooled into such dubious programme.

Better go and prepare for your Jamb instead of wasting your time in that so called IJMBITE
. ABOKI man
Re: Court Ordered Jamb To Remark 2013 Result Script. by Sundaybukkie(m): 11:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
DIVINEMERC:
Court give JAMB 7 days to remark all the script. As JAMB gets ultimatum to release scripts for remarking, Judge said that Students did not fail but were failed.

Friday, 17th May 2013.

Anujulu Nonso,
Uli

wow what a laudable development.. Those fools actually made me to lose admission to futa in 2013 as a predite... I was scored 173 and i need 180 to be given admission to 100level after my sucessful predegree program.
Over 200k was wasted.. All those den jamb official who has hand in dat kind thin w never do something good again in life to dere 7th generation.. When i remember 2013 i do feel bad..

(1) (Reply)

You Or Your Marriage Partner Who Will/is Assist/assisting The Kids With Math? / Akwa Ibom State University Charges N10,500 For Post-UTME Screening / Bingham University Announces Undergraduate Admission For 2023/2024 Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.