Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Is There Any Tribe/ethnicity That Has Exactly The Same Culture And Language? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is There Any Tribe/ethnicity That Has Exactly The Same Culture And Language? (6083 Views)

East African Coast | Culture And People / Is The Name "ARAB" A Tribe/ethnicity,a Culture Or A Confederation? / Any Tribe In 9JA Practice Polyandry??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Any Tribe/ethnicity That Has Exactly The Same Culture And Language? by TerryCarr(m): 10:36pm On May 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

I didnt say Ndebele. I said NGUNI. this was before Shaka Zulus time.
Nguni
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a3/South_Africa_2001_Nguni_speakers_proportion_map.svg[/img]
Re: Is There Any Tribe/ethnicity That Has Exactly The Same Culture And Language? by UGBE634: 7:43am On Jul 21, 2021
Antivirus92:
do, they speak exactly the same language and practise the same culture?, no dialects no variations.
Yes they speak the same language, No dialect, every Bini person speak the language exactly the same way. One of our towns I was afraid for, Urhonigbe because of the borders she share with Umutu and Abavo (igboid groups) and another border with Abraka, I was there for a month But she was still pristine as Bleep. Usens are bilingual but when they speak Bini you won't notice the Yoruba tongue, it is as clear crystal clear like the one spoken in the city.
in terms of culture there are few variations here and there, Urhonigbe and environs , about 6 other towns(Ugo, evboesi etc) practice the Ekaba festival which other Binis don't. It is associated with the Olokun worship. Olokun worship Originated from Urhonigbe. These eastern Benin towns observe this festival.
Ezotik also explained another cultural variation he noticed in Usen about the absence of 'Urho' in Usen. But there are several other constant culturally one of them which seems to be the most important culturally which all Binis observe which strongly solidified our space as one and same people is the Bini family greeting ( all the Binis from the over four hundred Bini speaking communities in Edo fall into one of these families and all Binis that Identify as Binis today have a unique greeting pattern that is in consonance with the 74 families in Benin and the (Ugie and Igue festival ) all communities and all Binis observe it.
Re: Is There Any Tribe/ethnicity That Has Exactly The Same Culture And Language? by RedboneSmith(m): 10:30am On Jul 21, 2021
I've been told that Itsekiri doesn't have dialects. Every Itsekiri person speaks the language exactly the same way.
Re: Is There Any Tribe/ethnicity That Has Exactly The Same Culture And Language? by TA4TA4: 11:53pm On Jul 21, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Metaphysical Storm SE. Umu Biafra, Nde Wonu! / Awure Tiki Je Ki Owo Da Lọwọ Eyan Todaju / 1798 Encyclopedia Britannica Definition Of Negro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.